This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April 1st:

Also, as mentioned in the thread for the upcoming American Godzilla film... Godzilla vs. The Sea Monster, Godzilla vs. Hedorah, and Godzilla vs. Gigan will be available May 6th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timvp View Post
      It's a pretty solid werewolf flick with the werewolf part representing Ginger changing into a woman. Not one of my favorites but fun nonetheless.

I really need to watch Darkman sometime..
      I should just give it a try. can't hurt.

Comment

• Did anyone grab this?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Robocop-Limi...f=pd_cp_d_h__0

I'm guessing it's the same as the new Blu that's out? But with an ulta snazzy steelbook thats fucking beautiful.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
        My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
          Did anyone grab this?

I'm guessing it's the same as the new Blu that's out? But with an ulta snazzy steelbook thats fucking beautiful.
          Looks good although I'll wait for the local version.

About time a proper blu has been released. The one I have is pretty shit.

Comment

• The one I have is fucking terrible. I was going to pick up the new one. Might grab that steelbook. I can't see me ever seeing that around locally.

And at $30 it's generally the going rate here for a good steelbook. Hell I've paid more for a normal Blu, Martry's was $38 or more from memory.

I can't spend the money just now though
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
            My little idiot..

Comment

The one I have is fucking terrible. I was going to pick up the new one. Might grab that steelbook. I can't see me ever seeing that around locally.

And at $30 it's generally the going rate here for a good steelbook. Hell I've paid more for a normal Blu, Martry's was $38 or more from memory.

I can't spend the money just now though
              I have steelbooks of Django Unchained and Star Trek which are the local versions. I used to hate steelbooks as they used to be so bulky but I love their new slim design. I'm sure this will land here.

Comment

Did anyone grab this?

Does it contain the unrated Director's Cut, known from the previous Criterion DVD release? If yes, I am all in.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• It says it's the directors cut; but one of the reviews says the run time is the same as the other blu. I think.

And wait, Criterion did RoboCop???

My little idiot..

Comment

And wait, Criterion did RoboCop???
                    Here. Though, it's looong OOP. I have a copy.
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Cool! They should do a Blu as well, run time on the Criterion is 103 minutes and the steelbook blu is 99. LAME!

My little idiot..

Comment

Cool! They should do a Blu as well, run time on the Criterion is 103 minutes and the steelbook blu is 99. LAME!
                        Don't be fooled. Those 4 minutes are exactly the length difference when dealing with NTSC (Criterion) and PAL sources (new Blu-ray). NTSC has 29.97fps, PAL 25.00fps, hence, NTSC has automatically longer running time than PAL material.
                        Trust me, I worked with that shit for over two years within a postpro facility.
                        And: they obviously processed the Unrated Director's Cut. Found a hint here. I hope this ain't a hoax.
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• So the Criterion one only runs longer because it has a slightly slower frame rate? Fuck, why? Why do they make it so complicated.

Cool, that steelbook is back in the cards.

My little idiot..

Comment

• U.K Blu release of Stage Fright

"Director Michele Soavi's acclaimed and brutal '80s slasher is presented on Blu-ray for the first time anywhere in the world in an uncut, limited Collector's Edition of 3,000 copies." Release date May 26.

I'll be picking this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                              U.K Blu release of Stage Fright

"Director Michele Soavi's acclaimed and brutal '80s slasher is presented on Blu-ray for the first time anywhere in the world in an uncut, limited Collector's Edition of 3,000 copies." Release date May 26.

I'll be picking this up.
                              Same here. That cover looks cool.

Any word on the extras?

"Someone once told me time is a flat circle. Everything we've ever done or will do we're gonna do over and over and over again."

- Rustin Cohle

Comment

Did anyone grab this?

I know this just released. it's the 4k restoration. not sure what the difference is between this and that steelbook version.
                                http://www.amazon.com/RoboCop-Blu-ra.../dp/B00GST8UB8

Comment

Working...
                                X