Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upcoming Blu Ray Releases

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • April 29th...

    .

    Comment


    • This Summer:


      DVDs


      Recent Flicks
      Jurassic World - 7/10
      Speed - 8.5/10
      John Wick - 9.5/10
      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
      Interstellar - 8/10

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
        May 13th 2014 (only 3000 copies) from Twilight Time...



        http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Rollerball-Blu-ray/89091/
        Why is it that this fucking "Twilight Time" company has the rights to these movies, (namely Fright Night & Christine) only make 3000 copies of a particular film & in turn charge us an arm & a leg for said movies? It's annoying..

        DVDs


        Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
          Why is it that this fucking "Twilight Time" company has the rights to these movies, (namely Fright Night & Christine) only make 3000 copies of a particular film & in turn charge us an arm & a leg for said movies? It's annoying..
          Because that want to establish something special and exclusive like Criterion? Something like that.
          I actually would give my left nut to get the Fright Night Blu-ray. Iggy has it and he will never give it away.
          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
          Scott Vogel from Terror

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
            Why is it that this fucking "Twilight Time" company has the rights to these movies, (namely Fright Night & Christine) only make 3000 copies of a particular film & in turn charge us an arm & a leg for said movies? It's annoying..
            Well if you read up on them and the man that runs the company (its a very small company) you'll know that he really loves the films that they produce and I'd be willing to bet more care goes into these transfers than any other company. And if you do get a copy (which you have a good chance as not many people know about them) it's kinda special and rare imo. This really gets to the heart of movie collecting.

            But I see your point. The fact that these are the only blu's out for these movies really sucks. They should release regular copies and these too.


            Comment


            • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
              Well if you read up on them and the man that runs the company (its a very small company) you'll know that he really loves the films that they produce and I'd be willing to bet more care goes into these transfers than any other company. And if you do get a copy (which you have a good chance as not many people know about them) it's kinda special and rare imo. This really gets to the heart of movie collecting.

              But I see your point. The fact that these are the only blu's out for these movies really sucks. They should release regular copies and these too.
              Well; I missed the boat on "Fright Night" & "Christine". "Fright Night" is going for around $350 on amazon. "Christine" about $118

              DVDs


              Recent Flicks
              Jurassic World - 7/10
              Speed - 8.5/10
              John Wick - 9.5/10
              The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
              Interstellar - 8/10

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                Well; I missed the boat on "Fright Night" & "Christine". "Fright Night" is going for around $350 on amazon. "Christine" about $118
                Here is the release schedule: https://www.facebook.com/notes/nick-...50379125362729

                And here is where they are sold and pre-ordered. I suggest signing up for their newsletter too.

                http://www.screenarchives.com/displa...TWILIGHT-TIME/

                Most of the movies are priced and $29.95 that's not a whole helluva lot different from regular blu's when the format was first new. Same with DVD.

                In April, Used Cars and Wild At Heart are both coming out. Would love to get both and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia still has copies left. If they still have it when I get paid, I'll probably get that for sure.

                Edit: They're also very upfront about any problems with the transfer or film. Here is something taken straight from the sale page of Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia:

                "A note about the transfer: for those of you familiar with the foreign territory releases on blu-ray, this transfer is the same. There appears to be only one usable HD master, culled from the best available sources. The transfer is detailed, colorful, and sharp, but its one blemish is the recurring incidences of white speckling, also known as "minus density" (trademark, R.A.H!) Apart from that, it looks very good. It must be remembered that ALFREDO GARCIA was a low-budget, indie road movie, shot entirely on location in Mexico, and it remains unclear what the state of the original elements actually is, and whether or not any of them have survived in reasonable shape." <That's good business
                Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 03-21-2014, 04:16 PM.


                Comment


                • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post

                  And here is where they are sold and pre-ordered. I suggest signing up for their newsletter too.

                  http://www.screenarchives.com/displa...TWILIGHT-TIME/
                  Yepp, that newsletter saved me my Christine copy.


                  Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                  In April, Used Cars and Wild At Heart are both coming out. Would love to get both and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia still has copies left. If they still have it when I get paid, I'll probably get that for sure.
                  I'll consider snatching Wild At Heart - one of my favorite Lynch movies, though I already have the german Blu.
                  "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                  Scott Vogel from Terror

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                    This Summer:

                    Will be mine.

                    I read on Blu-ray.com that the extras from the previous DVD releases won't be carried over, though. Hate that shit!


                    My DVD's/Blu's

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Santa View Post
                      Yepp, that newsletter saved me my Christine copy.



                      I'll consider snatching Wild At Heart - one of my favorite Lynch movies, though I already have the german Blu.
                      Damn you have Christine? Lucky fucking dog
                      I checked amazon for it when I first learned about TT and someone had a copy for right at $100. Considered it but then realized I'm not rich, reality set in, and I closed the tab - with as much force as I could muster I might add.

                      And you might want to do some research on that Wild At Heart TT blu. Sometimes they use the same transfers. So you might just be getting the same thing you already have. A much shinier, rarer, prettier version. But the same nonetheless.


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
                        Will be mine.

                        I read on Blu-ray.com that the extras from the previous DVD releases won't be carried over, though. Hate that shit!
                        That's why I have a shelf where I keep dvd copies of films I've upgrading to blu solely for the extras. (like carrie & escape from new york)

                        DVDs


                        Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

                        Comment


                        • Death Spa US release date: 27 May 2014



                          Haven't seen it but I've known about it for a long time. I hope more of these obscure slashers make their way to Blu. I like the cover too!

                          Comment




                          • Picnic At Hanging Rock (1975) 3 Disc Dual Format for $31.96

                            DIRECTOR-APPROVED EDITION:

                            -Remastered high-definition digital film transfer, supervised and approved by director Peter Weir, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
                            -Extended interview with Weir
                            -New piece on the making of the film, featuring interviews from 2003 with executive producer Patricia Lovell, producers Hal McElroy and Jim McElroy, and cast members
                            -New introduction by film scholar David Thomson, author of The New -Biographical Dictionary of Film
                            -A Recollection . . . Hanging Rock 1900 (1975), an on-set documentary hosted by Lovell and featuring interviews with Weir, actor Rachel Roberts, and source novel author Joan Lindsay
                            -Homesdale (1971), an award-winning black comedy by Weir
                            -Trailer
                            -PLUS: A booklet featuring an essay by author Megan Abbott and an excerpt from film critic Marek Haltof’s 1996 book Peter Weir: When Cultures Collide; a new paperback edition of Lindsay’s original novel, previously out of print in the U.S.

                            *New cover by Eric Skillman

                            http://www.criterion.com/films/565-p...Hanging%20Rock


                            Comment


                            • August:

                              .

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                                August:

                                I don't believe I've heard of this one (or Death Spa a few posts up) but I'm digging both the covers. Great box art! I love the fact all the companies are doing sweet new hand drawn movie art for the blu ray releases.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X