• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by sethdlh View Post
      Originally posted by Urdeadlyfriend View Post

Comment

• I don't get the BD haters in this thread. Why would you not want to see a film the way it was meant to be seen? And before you give me the no difference excuse, try it on a HD TV bigger than 55'. That is when the difference is pretty drastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
          I don't get the BD haters in this thread. Why would you not want to see a film the way it was meant to be seen? And before you give me the no difference excuse, try it on a HD TV bigger than 55'. That is when the difference is pretty drastic.
          As long as it's in the film's OAR and is perfectly watchable I'm just fine with SD.
          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

I don't get the BD haters in this thread. Why would you not want to see a film the way it was meant to be seen? And before you give me the no difference excuse, try it on a HD TV bigger than 55'. That is when the difference is pretty drastic.
            Yea, I don't get it either. Its not even that much more money, if at all anymore. And I've noticed the difference pretty easily on small sets as well as large sets.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• Picked these up to day at a pawn shop. Was rather excited to find the OOP Criterion Silence of the Lambs and Night of the Comet. Picked up Night of the Demons just because I remember hearing somewhere (likely here) that if I ever saw it I must.
              My Movie Review Blog
              The Movie Log

Recently Reviewed:
              The Night Porter
              Black Dynamite
              Dark Shadows
              Underworld: Awakening
              The Cabin in the Woods

"and you can shove that part about how you lost the ability to hunt for food when you learned how to talk!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Darko View Post

Picked these up to day at a pawn shop. Was rather excited to find the OOP Criterion Silence of the Lambs and Night of the Comet. Picked up Night of the Demons just because I remember hearing somewhere (likely here) that if I ever saw it I must.
                Nice buys! Night of the Comet is fun as a kid I always imagined what it would be like to have the world to yourself.

I like night of the demons, I'm sure you know what to expect and I think it delivers. And Linnea Quigley

Urdeadlyfriend is the sequel any good? Think I'll put it on my rental list.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                  As long as it's in the film's OAR and is perfectly watchable I'm just fine with SD.
                  I totally get people who are complacent with DVD. I am talking about those who go out of their way too hate on Blu-ray. It just seems really hipster to me.

Comment

I totally get people who are complacent with DVD. I am talking about those who go out of their way too hate on Blu-ray. It just seems really hipster to me.
                    I wasn't hating on the format a page or so back. I was hating on combo packs.

I get WHY studios are going with these combo packs I just really wish they would give the customer a choice of packaging. Blu or DVD case. It sucks that I can't put my Intruder pack on the same shelf with my other slasher flicks because it looks like a freaking midget next to them.

But I'm getting over it and have created a new section for these "combo packs"
                    Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• The Complete Toxic Avenger 7 Disc Boxset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
                        The Complete Toxic Avenger 7 Disc Boxset.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr_Darko View Post

Picked these up to day at a pawn shop. Was rather excited to find the OOP Criterion Silence of the Lambs and Night of the Comet. Picked up Night of the Demons just because I remember hearing somewhere (likely here) that if I ever saw it I must.
                          Fantastic pick ups!

Night of the Demons is my third all time favorite horror movie. It's cheesy and campy, but it's a definite must in any horror fans collection. Makes for great watching late at night on Halloween!

Comment

• $11 used in mint condition. Just sitting on a shelf waiting for someone to give it a home. This was a serious "holy shit!" moment

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

• Originally posted by sethdlh View Post
                              $11 used in mint condition. Just sitting on a shelf waiting for someone to give it a home. This was a serious "holy shit!" moment

Great pick up Seth! Barrel Entertainment releases are not easy to come buy. You got a fantastic deal.

Comment

• Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

Working...
                                X