Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest VHS pick ups

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post

    But you know what sucks, the only horror movie they had was Phantasm II. I got it. But I was hoping for a lot more horror. Oh well. I'm gonna hit another one up Friday a few towns over. Then next month make an hour long trip to this huge flea market/trade day. Maybe I'll get my horror fix there.
    There's a few youtube channels all about collecting/flea markets etc. They literally film themselves going around and picking up films and it's weirdly watchable.

    Coolduder and Wetmovie1 are a couple I watch.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
      There's a few youtube channels all about collecting/flea markets etc. They literally film themselves going around and picking up films and it's weirdly watchable.

      Coolduder and Wetmovie1 are a couple I watch.
      That Coolduder guy always looks like someone's been slapping him in the face for hours.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
        There's a few youtube channels all about collecting/flea markets etc. They literally film themselves going around and picking up films and it's weirdly watchable.

        Coolduder and Wetmovie1 are a couple I watch.
        Justin_Vorhees drafted this documentary called Rewind This! If you've not seen it? Do so soon. Very soon. It's amazing. Anyone that grew up watching vhs movies will love it. And you will too if you're on youtube watching people do that. I wonder if any of those 2 you mentioned are on Rewind This?

        Just watching it really got me wanting to get back into it. I have a small collection and just about doubled it today
        It really brought back some great memories picking those films up today.

        Rewind This!
        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395970/


        Comment


        • Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
          That Coolduder guy always looks like someone's been slapping him in the face for hours.
          He has a unique look but it gets him roles in films. Haven't seen any of them though.

          Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
          Justin_Vorhees drafted this documentary called Rewind This! If you've not seen it? Do so soon. Very soon. It's amazing. Anyone that grew up watching vhs movies will love it. And you will too if you're on youtube watching people do that. I wonder if any of those 2 you mentioned are on Rewind This?

          Rewind This!
          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2395970/
          Yeah, I've been meaning to watch Rewind this! It showed at Frightfest but I didn't get to see it. It's cool you like it though.

          There's actually a video of one of the dudes going to a swapmeet and screening of Rewind This.

          [YOUTUBE]Fx8uyd_USSc[/YOUTUBE]

          Comment


          • Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
            That Coolduder guy always looks like someone's been slapping him in the face for hours.
            I enjoy seeing him die in movies. So much fun.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by The Geek View Post
              I enjoy seeing him die in movies. So much fun.
              Are any of them good?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                There's a few youtube channels all about collecting/flea markets etc. They literally film themselves going around and picking up films and it's weirdly watchable.

                Coolduder and Wetmovie1 are a couple I watch.
                Originally posted by DeathbyIggy View Post
                That Coolduder guy always looks like someone's been slapping him in the face for hours.
                I used to watch Coolduder's videos often but he just kept focusing on his mutant family more and more and his weird effeminate Justin Bieber brother freaks me out so I unsubscribed

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                  Are any of them good?
                  President's Day and Witch's Brew are fun indie flicks and Ghost Shark is the only SyFy flick I can tolerate.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                    I used to watch Coolduder's videos often but he just kept focusing on his mutant family more and more and his weird effeminate Justin Bieber brother freaks me out so I unsubscribed
                    So true. I've stopped keeping track of them the last few months but I'll occasionally go and watch a vid. I prefer Wetmovie's channel myself.

                    Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                    President's Day and Witch's Brew are fun indie flicks and Ghost Shark is the only SyFy flick I can tolerate.
                    I wondered how a ghost shark is any worse than a real shark but then I saw someone's sig here and it cracked me up . Don't think I'll ever bring myself to watch it. Maybe the other 2 you mentioned though.

                    He got to work with Danny Trejo on Haunted High which is cool though but again, I'll skip it.

                    Comment


                    • oops double post.
                      Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM.


                      Comment


                      • I just checked those 2 on youtube. I quit watching the Coolduder one because when doing his "must-see Horror" he starting revealing the entire plot of Pet Semetary. I've seen it, but I really hate when they do that shit.

                        The guy from wetmovie1 was cool. Him and some kid went "movie hoarding." The went to some store called Video 10 that had tons of vhs movies for only $1.00 and they seemed to have a good selection. I wish I lived there


                        Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        So true. I've stopped keeping track of them the last few months but I'll occasionally go and watch a vid. I prefer Wetmovie's channel myself.



                        I wondered how a ghost shark is any worse than a real shark but then I saw someone's sig here and it cracked me up . Don't think I'll ever bring myself to watch it. Maybe the other 2 you mentioned though.

                        He got to work with Danny Trejo on Haunted High which is cool though but again, I'll skip it.
                        HAHA yea. That Ghostshark sig is sweet. Never seen the movie, but that ghostshark reminds me of that hologram shark from Back To The Future 2


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                          I just checked those 2 on youtube. I quit watching the Coolduder one because when doing his "must-see Horror" he starting revealing the entire plot of Pet Semetary. I've seen it, but I really hate when they do that shit.
                          Yeah reviews that describe a movie are awful. If I've watched it I don't need someone to describe what I've already seen, if I haven't watched it I don't want you to describe what I'm going to see .

                          Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                          The guy from wetmovie1 was cool. Him and some kid went "movie hoarding." The went to some store called Video 10 that had tons of vhs movies for only $1.00 and they seemed to have a good selection. I wish I lived there
                          Glad you liked it. They've definitely got some vids worth watching and like I said, it's weirdly watchable.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                            Yeah reviews that describe a movie are awful. If I've watched it I don't need someone to describe what I've already seen, if I haven't watched it I don't want you to describe what I'm going to see .
                            Yea it wasn't even a review. It was just a recommendation video. But I'll check out some of his other videos and see how I like those.


                            Comment


                            • Just stumbled onto this guys...



                              http://letterboxd.com/film/adjust-yo...vhs-collector/

                              Gonna try to find a copy. I'm considering buying this and Rewind This! Rewind This only has a digital download for $15.99 but it comes with lots of extras. I'd love to actually get a Blu/VHS package of it. Can't check on Adjust Your Tracking because their store link is 404.

                              EDIT: Store is working now. It's a bit pricey $25 for 2 disc DVD collector's ed. and $40 for DVD/VHS combo.
                              Here's the link to their store/site: http://www.adjustyourtracking.com/store/
                              Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 04-08-2014, 07:57 AM.


                              Comment


                              • Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 04-14-2014, 04:33 PM.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X