Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest VHS pick ups

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice collection of Disney clam shells you got. I was lucky enough to have a whole boxfull of em' that my aunt bought for me when I young...brand new too not used
    Cinema Junkyard

    Comment


    • Originally posted by floyd2006 View Post
      Nice collection of Disney clam shells you got. I was lucky enough to have a whole boxfull of em' that my aunt bought for me when I young...brand new too not used
      I could've got a few more like Sleeping Beauty and Bambi but the clamshell boxes were all dirty and cracked. So I didn't even bother. These others I got are all in pretty good shape.


      Comment


      • The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
        Alien
        Batman & Batman Returns
        The Blair Witch Project
        The Crow
        Dune (David Lynch' version)
        Fast Time at Ridgemont High
        Full Metal Jacket
        Gremlins
        The Lost Boys
        Spaceballs
        Marked for Death
        Under Siege
        Star Wars (1992 print, should be theatrical)
        Return of the Jedi ('92)
        Vanishing Point
        Romancing the Stone (still in new plastic)


        Comment


        • Picked up Beyond the Door II. I didn't care much for the first film, but I felt oddly compelled to snag the VHS just to have it while I was at the thrift store.

          Comment


          • Picked up:

            Cujo
            Jason Goes to Hell
            Halloween III: Season of the Witch
            The Devil Bat
            Creepshow 2

            Not a bad day!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Devonia View Post
              Picked up:

              Cujo
              Jason Goes to Hell
              Halloween III: Season of the Witch
              The Devil Bat
              Creepshow 2

              Not a bad day!


              Creepshow 2 was the first VHS my mom bought me.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                I have a whole bunch of the Disney clamshells still, I worked in a video store throughout the 90's and I remember people were hoarding those away thinking they'd be worth thousands of dollars someday

                Originally posted by Devonia View Post
                Picked up:

                Cujo
                Jason Goes to Hell
                Halloween III: Season of the Witch
                The Devil Bat
                Creepshow 2

                Not a bad day!


                Originally posted by The Geek View Post


                Creepshow 2 was the first VHS my mom bought me.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                  I have a whole bunch of the Disney clamshells still, I worked in a video store throughout the 90's and I remember people were hoarding those away thinking they'd be worth thousands of dollars someday
                  Yea Disney sure did have a genius marketing plan for their films. With the whole "vault" thing. But if you have the originals in pristine condition, you can still get a few bucks for them. If you find the right person to buy them. But it ain't gonna be thousands, unless you meet a sucker.


                  Comment










                  • Comment


                    • Very nice Mr. Bill. Really good findings. Looks like someone took a bite outta that Return of the Jedi


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                        Very nice Mr. Bill. Really good findings. Looks like someone took a bite outta that Return of the Jedi
                        Yeah, but I checked the tape and it's good to go

                        Comment


                        • Monster Mash - promo screener still in the shrink
                          Rope - 1985 print

                          It never ceases to enchant me when I find a movie printed before I was born sitting on a shelf at a thrift store. Like it waited it's whole life and traveled all that way just for me.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                            There's a booth at my local Peddler's Mall which has roughly 40+ of these Star Trek Collec. Ed. VHS tapes. I'm assuming its the entire collection or close to at least. I'm not for sure what you paid, but these are priced at around $1.99 each

                            Comment


                            • to Dr. RoXo

                              Found some for my nieces:

                              How the Grinch Stole Christmas - original
                              Lady and the Tramp
                              101 Dalmations - both versions
                              Cinderalla
                              Fox and the Hound
                              Sleeping Beauty
                              "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
                              H.P. Lovecraft

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ladynos View Post
                                to Dr. RoXo

                                Found some for my nieces:

                                How the Grinch Stole Christmas - original
                                Lady and the Tramp
                                101 Dalmations - both versions
                                Cinderalla
                                Fox and the Hound
                                Sleeping Beauty
                                Nice. Lady and the Tramp is one of my childhood favorites. I saw the live action 101 Dalmations at my local thrift but the case was cracking really badly and just wasn't in good shape so I didn't bother. Hope yours were in good shape.


                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X