This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cthulhulad View Post
    Agreed, But its one of the few Independent record stores left in my city, been going there for years and i feel good spending money there, And when I told Gary the counter guy/owner what was said here about his prices he gave me this little stash for 5.00.

That's cool! Nothing wrong with supporting the indie stores, nice haul.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
      Done!
      Gracias

Comment

If I didn't have all mine boxed up and put away I'd show you guys a collection that started when I was 6 and ended at I'd say 24 (give or take). I still buy VHS's from time to time but I'll only buy the ones that I think don't have a dvd release or like some said just to high to buy any other time or just for shits and giggles. I have a few that's laying around that I enjoy watching from time to time but for the rest its untelling when they'll ever see the light of day again. I literally have over a thousand movies (not taped from tv) that I've bought over the course of my lifetime. I remember working my ass off when I was a kid just to go to local video stores and what not to buy the used movies they had for sale. My friends back in school collected baseball cards whilst I was collecting movies Nowadays though I'm lucky to even buy maybe a handful a year due to Netflix and high demands for toys and games from my kids.

Originally posted by Cthulhulad View Post
        Agreed, But its one of the few Independent record stores left in my city, been going there for years and i feel good spending money there, And when I told Gary the counter guy/owner what was said here about his prices he gave me this little stash for 5.00.

I've got a copy of The Exorcist that's in a Disney like box from when VHS's where first "assuming" going into major production as well as stuff like The Road Warrior, Mad Max, etc etc etc and a GIANT box with I Spit on your Grave. I know I'm rambling but looking at some of the stuff you guys have and what nto really takes me back

Comment

Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
          If I didn't have all mine boxed up and put away I'd show you guys a collection that started when I was 6 and ended at I'd say 24 (give or take). I still buy VHS's from time to time but I'll only buy the ones that I think don't have a dvd release or like some said just to high to buy any other time or just for shits and giggles. I have a few that's laying around that I enjoy watching from time to time but for the rest its untelling when they'll ever see the light of day again. I literally have over a thousand movies (not taped from tv) that I've bought over the course of my lifetime. I remember working my ass off when I was a kid just to go to local video stores and what not to buy the used movies they had for sale. My friends back in school collected baseball cards whilst I was collecting movies Nowadays though I'm lucky to even buy maybe a handful a year due to Netflix and high demands for toys and games from my kids.

I've got a copy of The Exorcist that's in a Disney like box from when VHS's where first "assuming" going into major production as well as stuff like The Road Warrior, Mad Max, etc etc etc and a GIANT box with I Spit on your Grave. I know I'm rambling but looking at some of the stuff you guys have and what nto really takes me back
          Dig them out man. I did that recently and spent a few hours reminiscing. Plus, I found some awesome treasure I didn't even know I still had.

Comment

Originally posted by CMQ View Post
            Dig them out man. I did that recently and spent a few hours reminiscing. Plus, I found some awesome treasure I didn't even know I still had.
            Man I'm with ya on that one. The last time I went and did it I was getting kids movies out for the kiddo's and spent hours talking to them about this and that and they where like lets watch Transformers Needless to say I've introduced them to some classics nonetheless. I might have to do that here in the next few days "with the horror anyways" and post some pics up. But then again I have to drive an hour to our storage unit to do just that!

By the way guys whats some of the rare ones you guys "think" you have? Have you ever sold any over the years when you didn't think we'd get a dvd release?

Comment

I have a couple that are listed on ebay for ridiculous prices. I find with VHS, it all depends on the buyer what's actually worth something. Those same ones are still sitting on ebay and no one is buying them. (similar to the guy that's been try to sell his unopened copy of Rawhead Rex on dvd for $100. It's been a year or two now)

I'd like to know who's decided that this movie or that movie is all of a sudden worth $100 on ebay. And on VHS no less.

The ones that are worth the most to me are the ones that aren't on DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by CMQ View Post
                I have a couple that are listed on ebay for ridiculous prices. I find with VHS, it all depends on the buyer what's actually worth something. Those same ones are still sitting on ebay and no one is buying them. (similar to the guy that's been try to sell his unopened copy of Rawhead Rex on dvd for $100. It's been a year or two now)

I'd like to know who's decided that this movie or that movie is all of a sudden worth $100 on ebay. And on VHS no less.

The ones that are worth the most to me are the ones that aren't on DVD.
                I sold Rawhead Rex and Cemetary Man a few years ago for right around 100 bucks on Ebay (together). I've got a copy of Night of the Grizzly and the last time I was looking to see if it was on DVD for my dad for Christmas I seen it wasn't and the vhs was going for around a 100 on Amazon. I guess in the end things are worth what you're willing to pay for em I know I wouldn't pay that much for a vhs of all things. The most I've ever paid for a movie was 150 bucks for The Killer Criterion.

Comment

I got lucky yesterday. Went to a used book store and found these for $.50 a piece:

All are non ex-rentals!

Comment

Originally posted by pumkinheadfan View Post
                    I got lucky yesterday. Went to a used book store and found these for $.50 a piece:

All are non ex-rentals!
                    Awesome finds!

Comment

The best vhs I have picked up is the Jurassic Park stone tablet set

http://septemberblueuk.blogspot.com/...ssil-case.html

Comment

Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                        Awesome finds!
                        Yeah I couldn't believe my eyes. Every time I took a tape out to see the condition i was blown away that they weren't rentals and that they were super clean. I need to pop them into the VCR to see how they play, but with what I have seen of the over all condition I'm not worried.

Comment

I know I am probably going to get shit for this:

Comment

Comment

Got lucky at Goodwill today... If anyone is interested in it I'm open to trading/selling

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

Originally posted by sethdlh View Post
                                Got lucky at Goodwill today... If anyone is interested in it I'm open to trading/selling

I can't see what it is

Comment

Working...
                                X