This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest VHS pick ups

Decided to start this thread. May not be many posts but I've started picking up rare-ish VHS movies since they are becoming extinct.

Picked up recently

Picked this up at a thrift store because it looked so terrible. I have not got around to watching it yet. It is a promotional copy and the suggested retail value on it is, no joke, $95.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
      Picked this up at a thrift store because it looked so terrible. I have not got around to watching it yet. It is a promotional copy and the suggested retail value on it is, no joke, $95.
      shit. The link won't open for me. What is it?

Must have been a video store copy. I was floored the day I learned as a youngster what movies cost to a video store.

Comment

Originally posted by CMQ View Post
        shit. The link won't open for me. What is it?

Must have been a video store copy. I was floored the day I learned as a youngster what movies cost to a video store.
        There is no link, it is just a picture of this movie cover: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118153/

Comment

My used movie store sells a few VHS tapes. Been thinking of picking some up just for the hell of it. Especially given that they're only 75 cents each.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
            There is no link, it is just a picture of this movie cover: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118153/
            That looks delightfully awful. Leif Garret? Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Machine Gun Zombie View Post
              My used movie store sells a few VHS tapes. Been thinking of picking some up just for the hell of it. Especially given that they're only 75 cents each.
              yeah I was at a thrift store the other day and decided to pick up Pootie Tang on VHS. When I got to the counter she laughs and said, "Couldn't find 5 more?" I said "No" with a confused look on my face.

She said they're 6 for $2.

Comment

Good thread. I could've sworn there was one made around the time the dvd/blu threads got new starts. Either way, enough people still pick up the occasional VHS so this thread is solid.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

Vice Academy 1-3

Picked them up for 75 cents each at a local video store. They are ex-rentals, but for that price I can't complain.

Comment

I love VHS, I think it's a better medium than DVD-it doesn't get broken so fast and it's just a whole different feeling to watch a movie on VHS, similar to Vinyl and CDs.

The last VHS I bought was Maximum Overdrive one week ago. Dumb fun, but still fun.
                    I have to pee on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Citrus3000 View Post
                      I love VHS, I think it's a better medium than DVD-it doesn't get broken so fast and it's just a whole different feeling to watch a movie on VHS, similar to Vinyl and CDs.
                      Yea I just can't agree with that at all. If you don't handle your discs like a mongoloid they'll last a long long time. A DVD player won't eat the tape like a VCR does to VHS tapes. I like VHS and still own some of movies that don't have disc releases (and a few that do) but it's generally just not an optimal way to watch a movie since they're often cropped and they show their age much more than disc.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

Got these recently:

I don't really pickup Tapes unless they are kinda unique or they are given to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sethdlh View Post
                          Yea I just can't agree with that at all. If you don't handle your discs like a mongoloid they'll last a long long time. A DVD player won't eat the tape like a VCR does to VHS tapes. I like VHS and still own some of movies that don't have disc releases (and a few that do) but it's generally just not an optimal way to watch a movie since they're often cropped and they show their age much more than disc.
                          I agree with this.

Comment

I picked up Orgasmo today for $.29

Yeah I generally won't pick up VHS unless they are unavailable on DVD, too expensive on DVD or they are dirt cheap...like $.29 cheap

Comment

Originally posted by CMQ View Post
                              I picked up Orgasmo today for $.29

Yeah I generally won't pick up VHS unless they are unavailable on DVD, too expensive on DVD or they are dirt cheap...like $.29 cheap
                              Whats the point of selling it that cheap. Just as well for them to give it away or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X