No announcement yet.

Last DVD Commentary You Listened To?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last DVD Commentary You Listened To?

What DVD commentary have you listened to recently? Comments/Opinions?

I recently listened to The Christmas Vacation commentary. Commentary with director Jeremiah S. Chechik, producer Matty Simmons, and actors Beverly D'Angelo, Miriam Flynn, Johnny Galecki, and Randy Quaid. Average commentary with some nice tidbits throughout.
    Cinema Junkyard

I listened to the commentary on Mulva Zombie Ass-Kicker a couple weeks ago, I'm giving thought to listening to the commentary on my Back To The Future SE I just got later.

holy hell, there's a Christmas Vacation commentary, I have to hear that. One of the funniest movies, ever.

last one for me,
      Hearts of Darkness (doc on Apocalypse Now's making) by the director Elanor Coppola and Now's director Francis Ford Coppola. Almost as intersting as Hearts of Darkness..

Listened to Event Horizon's commentary. Too bad there is all that extra disturbing stuff we will probably never see.

I have never done drugs and I never will. I was even the best student in the D.A.R.E. program back in the 80s.

Listened to all commentaries on the Star Wars Blu-Ray box set.

Originally posted by SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY View Post
            Listened to all commentaries on the Star Wars Blu-Ray box set.
            Talk about an obscene amount of bonus features in one box set!

The Wrath of Khan commentary by Nick Meyers. Never gets old.

The commentary for the classic film noir Narrow Margain

Originally posted by JCU View Post
                The Wrath of Khan commentary by Nick Meyers. Never gets old.
                That's a good one. He's always interesting to listen to.

Jensen Daggett, Scott Reeves & Kane Hodder - Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan

Pretty fun. Poke fun at the film here and there, but nothing malicious. A few interesting tidbits along the way.

Ridley Scott - Alien

Ridley is always great to listen to, even with with the occasional cigar chomping.

I've watched part of the Enhanced Viewing Mode of Sucker Punch and Watchmen.
                  Also listened to the first half hour of Boll's In the Name of the King 2 commentary. It's a little dry and not quite his usual lulzy self so far.

Tucker & Dale vs Evil

w/ Director Eli Craig and actors Tyler Labine and Alan Tudyk.

Great track that's both informative and funny. Recommended.

w/ Director Gary Cohen and moderators

More of an audio interview than a commentary track. Covers Cohen's career in theater, as a video store owner and his film work (video violence 1 & 2, captives) Captives isn't discussed in any great detail although there is some interesting tidbits about it. Commentary ends 10 minutes before the film itself is finished.

Good track but I wished it would have discussed Captives in more detail.

B-Movie Madness

Horror Draft 2015:

1. Sledgehammer
                    2. Death O' Lantern
                    3. WolfCop

The commentary for Fulci's The Beyond. Was pretty funny.

Destroy All Monsters. Great commentary and a lot of fun to listen to.

The commentary track for Scott Pilgrim where Aubrey Plaza is clearly drunk.
                          61 Hookers and Counting....

Gary Sherman - Dead & Buried

Solid commentary. Quite a bit of info and tidbits. Not an all-time favorite, but entertaining.

Not bad, the filmmakers are clearly proud of this film but they gloat a bit too much I think. Still, they talked a lot about the technical elements and it was very entertaining.