Region Free Blu-ray Player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Region Free Blu-ray Player

OK so I know we have some knowledgeable tech nerds here. What is the best region free BD player for the money?

Look into an Oppo if you have $500 to spend. It will need to be hardware modded, though.

If you want an inexpensive one as a second player check best buy for a refurbished insignia ns-wbrdvd2. I use one and it's never let me down yet.
    There are threads on both on bluray.com

You will not find a player that's region free out of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by brain dead View Post
      Look into an Oppo if you have $500 to spend. It will need to be hardware modded, though.

If you want an inexpensive one as a second player check best buy for a refurbished insignia ns-wbrdvd2. I use one and it's never let me down yet.
      There are threads on both on bluray.com

You will not find a player that's region free out of the box.
      Ah OK. This may be a dumb question but what about buying a Region B player?

Comment

Originally posted by mmyersisgod View Post
        Ah OK. This may be a dumb question but what about buying a Region B player?
        You could buy a region b player but youd also have to buy some sort of converter as region b players run on different power.

Another optipn may be buying a region a player for which there is a comparable b player and using tje region b firmware. Check on youtube for how-to. There was a philips (or pionere or panasonic, or one of those p brands) and a toshiba that you can do it with. Maybe more.

Comment

Walmart has a cheap easy to use region free player called the Seiki. Work great for me.

Comment

Anyone use world-imports.com before? I'm looking at getting one of their hardware modded player for under $200.

*Updated 3/11 w/ FEMALE TEACHER IN FRONT OF THE STUDENTS disc review

My DVDAF - http://sethflc.dvdaf.com/

Gold Trader +91

Comment

I'm currently using my desktop and its internal BR drive as a Region-Free BR/DVD Player. I've been doing this for years on various laptops and desktops but this is my first PC with a Blu-ray drive.

I've also owned two Region-Free DVD players in the past and they can be hit or miss. I.E. The first player I received, I had to return immediately due to it being playback issues. The second player worked flawlessly for years.

Anyway, I purchased AnyDVD HD and I'm using TotalMedia Theatre 5. Finding software was a major issue! My new HP desktop came with bundled with PowerDVD software but it crashed instantly so I erased every trace of that garbage. Spent a few days doing Google searches and I kept reading reviews for TotalMedia 5 and decided to go with that. No complaints, it plays EVERYTHING Ive tossed at it. Another benefit to using your computer is it doesn't give a shit whether the movie is encoded in PAL or NTSC, which is a plus depending on where your DVDS/Blu-rays are originally from. For example: Almost all UK discs are PAL format.

So, you could dish out a few hundred for a decent BR player that's been cracked opened and modified or spend 5 minutes on your computer and have it ready to run movies from anywhere in the World.
              Two things required, only 2! - Playback software and something (AnyDVD) to eliminate the region-code issue and whatever other restrictions. That's it.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
              X