No announcement yet.

What Book Did You Last Read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creepers from David Morrell. Started off really strong but he added too many twists to it. I don't mind some twists but all these coming together like this is completely unbelievable. I am about halfway through First Blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
      Creepers from David Morrell. Started off really strong but he added too many twists to it. I don't mind some twists but all these coming together like this is completely unbelievable. I am about halfway through First Blood.
      I have to agree with you on Creepers!
      Last book I read was Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk!! I thought it was really good!

Comment

• Ok for those of you who've read rules of attraction and american pyscho is Sean Bateman in Rules Patrick Batemens brother cause he was in Rules but it might be a different Batmen for all I know I'm sorta confused.

Comment

• I'll spare you with shit I'm reading, but I just bought a photography book on carnival strippers from 1974. Really depressing, very dark, and quite powerful- a wonderful book by Susan Meiselas.

Comment

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
            Ok for those of you who've read rules of attraction and american pyscho is Sean Bateman in Rules Patrick Batemens brother cause he was in Rules but it might be a different Batmen for all I know I'm sorta confused.
            It sure is...

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
              It sure is...
              Thanks man I really appreciate that cause I was high as hell thinking about that the other night LoL. Anyways I'm fixing to head Mystic River if anyone has ever read that. So far its not that bad a little slow but showing promise none the less.

Comment

Thanks man I really appreciate that cause I was high as hell thinking about that the other night LoL. Anyways I'm fixing to head Mystic River if anyone has ever read that. So far its not that bad a little slow but showing promise none the less.

It does start out a bit slow, it seems like Lehane was a bit reluctant to give too many clues or tip his hand. The payoff is excellent though. Let me know what you think about the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post
                  It does start out a bit slow, it seems like Lehane was a bit reluctant to give too many clues or tip his hand. The payoff is excellent though. Let me know what you think about the end.
                  I most definately will thanks for commenting After that one I'll probably have to get Less than Zero cause I've become obsessed with ellis lately.

Comment

I most definately will thanks for commenting After that one I'll probably have to get Less than Zero cause I've become obsessed with ellis lately.

You should've read LTZ first. I think it's his best...

If you like Mystic River hop on over to "Shutter Island" it's one of my favs from Dennis Lehane. I'd love to make that into a movie someday...

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                      You should've read LTZ first. I think it's his best...

If you like Mystic River hop on over to "Shutter Island" it's one of my favs from Dennis Lehane. I'd love to make that into a movie someday...
                      Thets my favorite Lehane book. I think Mystic River is his worst. I'm not saying it's bad cause it's not. I just like his others better. I know A Drink Before The War is being made into a movie and I thought I read somewhere Shutter Island Was too.

Just finished First Blood from Morrell and The Ghoul from Keene. Both were pretty good. Rambo is a mean dude in the book. He is not a hero like the movie. Don't be fooled by the two cheesy movie sequels. Both the book and the movie were good. The Ghoul was decent but it has the first chapter of his new book and it's about zombies again. Can't wait. I can't get enough of zombies.

Again thanks for all the recommendations. I've read about ten so far and the worstof them I'd still give a 6/10.

Comment

• darth bane path of destruction.
                        Necrobeastiality...come on people, this is the 2000's. It is normal for people to want to explore their sexuality...
                        sigpic

Comment

• The Amulet by Michael McDowell

Whoever posseses it must kill, and be killed.

Great book...highly recommend it.
                          Blood is thickest when love is bold, but blood runs thin when the heart grows cold.

Comment

• the last new book i read was the tao of pooh/te of piglet books. the last book i read, however, was Catch-22, for the third time i think...
                            myspace: thefeelofcotton

i bet you rub cotton and eggs on your dick.
                            How did he know?!~

Comment

• I'm like 200 pages into Stephen King's Cell. I'm digging it so far. Makes me proud to not own a cell phone.

John Bonham playing Moby Dick for real!

Is it November 3rd yet?

Comment

• i havnt read a book in a long time but the last book i ready was "the HEllbound Heart" i love that book..but im also a fan of the hellraiser series

www.myspace.com/kyleslack

http://zombieundead.dvdaf.com/owned

LAST 5 DVDS BOUGHT

-Hellraiser Puzzle cube box set
                                -Toxic Avenger box set
                                -They Live
                                -Night of the creep
                                -Zombieland

Comment

Working...
                                X