Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Book Did You Last Read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post


    So much more happens in this book than I remember from when I was a child. Each chapter has an epic and exciting scene with amazing mystical characters, and many parts (especially towards the end) are incredibly emotional. Thorin Oakenshield is one of my favorite characters. There is, indeed, enough material to make a trilogy in this book. Weeks pass in just a few sentences sometimes and so many things that are huge and detailed are just briefly mentioned (rock giants, being trapped by the wood elves for weeks, hanging out by the mountain for weeks, the various trials of Mirkwood). I am beyond excited to see these films.


    Can't wait to see Beorn! And it would be nice if Tom Bombadil were somewhere lurking about.

    Comment


    • Clown in the Moonlight by Tom Picirrilli. Just an amazing writer who never disappoints.
      sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

      Comment


      • Comment


        • Originally posted by Klown View Post
          Love. That. Book. Just as good as Dad's best stuff. l'm about to start on Horns.

          Comment


          • "Son of Tarzan" Edgar Rice Burroughs

            I love the Tarzan series. Always the page turner.

            Comment




            • Re-reading this series.

              Comment


              • <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                R.I.P.

                Comment






                • Both get perfect scores.

                  Comment





                  • Amazing 2nd novel in the impossibly epic Wheel of Time series.

                    Comment


                    • 3rd time reading it! Not very long but oh so good!!! I really hope the scarlet gospels comes out soon.

                      <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                      R.I.P.

                      Comment


                      • Flappers and Philosophers by F. Scott Fitzgerald

                        So far the man has yet to disappoint me. His stories are so unique and charming. I can't get enough.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                          Flappers and Philosophers by F. Scott Fitzgerald

                          So far the man has yet to disappoint me. His stories are so unique and charming. I can't get enough.
                          It's a classic! The Cut-Glass Bowl is my favorite.
                          <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                          R.I.P.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            It's a classic! The Cut-Glass Bowl is my favorite.
                            I really enjoyed The Four Fists though I wish Bernice Bobs Her Hair was longer. I would've liked to see her cousins reaction to waking up with her hair chopped off.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                              I really enjoyed The Four Fists though I wish Bernice Bobs Her Hair was longer. I would've liked to see her cousins reaction to waking up with her hair chopped off.
                              That might have been epic lol I'm surprised you didn't say The Offshore Pirate was your favorite considering it has romance :P
                              <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                              R.I.P.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                                That might have been epic lol I'm surprised you didn't say The Offshore Pirate was your favorite considering it has romance :P
                                I did like that. She wasn't sure she really loved him till she found out he was the first man to ever best her. You know I read Tales From the Jazz Age before this and I loved the one about the wife devoted to her invalid husband even after his death. So sweet and sad.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X