No announcement yet.

What Book Did You Last Read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Deviance - Goode and Vail (Authors)

I'm taking a Deviance class for my major and this was the required text. It reads really well and is a great book all around. Plus it is full of naughty language.

Comment

• H.P. Lovecraft: Four Decades of Criticism, edited by S.T. Joshi
      An Epicure in the Terrible, edited by David E. Schulz and S.T. Joshi
      57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
        H.P. Lovecraft: Four Decades of Criticism, edited by S.T. Joshi
        An Epicure in the Terrible, edited by David E. Schulz and S.T. Joshi
        Joshi is the man. The greatest Lovecraft scholar ever. l haven't read it yet, but his Rise and fall of the Cthulhu Mythos is supposed to be really good as well.

The Walking Dead Volume 17 Over 100 issues in and Kirkman is still knocking it out of the park. l thought l knew where this one was going and then it veered hard to the left. This one is a real shocker too, l couldn't believe my eyes while reading it.

Comment

• Mossad - The Greatest Missions of the Israeli Secret Service

Excellent book. Highly recommended for people who are into real life tales of espionage, spies missions etc. Each chapter is about a different Mossad mission, with most of the action taking place in the 60's,70's and 80's. I'd hate to be on their shitlist.

Comment

• Tales of the Weirdly Departed

15 times as many people die from falling coconuts as shark attacks each year. We should ban coconuts. They're obviously a danger to humans. On the subject, in the span of a month 2 people in Japan were stabbed to death by umbrellas. Those should be banned too.

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
              On the subject, in the span of a month 2 people in Japan were stabbed to death by umbrellas. Those should be banned too.
              Sounds like someone is taking Perfect Blue cosplaying way too far.

Started re-reading H.P. Lovecraft and the Modernist Grotesque by Sean Elliot Martin.

Comment

• The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway

It probably wasn't the best choice for a first book to read by him bc it was said to be his most contemporary work. It was good bur definitely not on the same level as Fitzgerald.

Comment

• Finished Fall Of Giants by Ken Follett it's the first in the Century Trilogy! It was excellent! No brainer why this guy has sold over 100 million books

<a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
                  R.I.P.

Comment

• Heart of Darkness by Conrad

Comment

• Die Trying by Lee Child
                      sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elvira Mistress of Dark View Post
                        Heart of Darkness by Conrad
                        I have that on ibooks. Was it any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                          Joshi is the man. The greatest Lovecraft scholar ever. l haven't read it yet, but his Rise and fall of the Cthulhu Mythos is supposed to be really good as well.
                          He definitely seems like the most informed person on Lovecraft. His books and essays have helped me out a lot when researching for my thesis.

Comment

• Comment

• ^^^

Tempted to buy that Lloyd Kaufman book myself, how did you find it?

Comment

• The gf got me a copy of The Hellbound Heart, going to start reading it tonight.
                                “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

Working...
                                X