X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Velocity by Dean Koontz

1st to die by James Patterson

Comment

• A Clockwork Orange and just like the movie I really didn't enjoy it at all. But that doesn't mean I won't reread it in the future to see if my taste changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by zaglewiz View Post
        A Clockwork Orange and just like the movie I really didn't enjoy it at all. But that doesn't mean I won't reread it in the future to see if my taste changes.

I would have to agree with you on this book. I reread it every three or four years to see if I like it yet, while everyone around me seems to coo at its mention. I guess I don't know what I'm missing. This is definitely one of those books it's cool to say you like.

I liked the movie a bit more though.

Comment

• Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post
          This is definitely one of those books it's cool to say you like.

I liked the movie a bit more though.
          I'd have to agree with you 110% on that statement I respect that the author made up his own words you could say with the story or book if you'd wanna call it that but I just found myself not digging it like I do alot of other stuff. When I first found the movie when I was younger I found myself bored with it just like I do to this very day. I try to like it I really do and I watch the movie here and thier to try to find something about it that I like but I just can't do it but thats just me you could say.

Comment

• I'm glad just to find someone else that will agree with me on this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keira Knightmare View Post
              Velocity by Dean Koontz

1st to die by James Patterson
              Velocity was a good read. Really enjoyed it. Patterson has got to be the worst main stream author out there right now. He's just brutal.

I'm just waiting for the new Harlan Coben (One of my favs) "The Woods" to come out next week.

Comment

• Last one? ''White Line Fever'' by Lemmy, bassist and vocalist of Motorhead. Real rock'n'roll book. Any fan of rock music must enjoy it!

And now, I am currently finishing ''If Chins Could Kill'' by Bruce Campbell, you know, it is a tough job to find books like that in Bosnia. But I got it, I read it, and I do enjoy it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc View Post
                  Just finished re-reading Lolita by Nabokov, and I have to say...

Favorite.
                  I read that from time to time as well. If I had a fav book it would have to be either Fear and Loathing, or The Outsiders "I don't know why".

Comment

• Make Your Own Damn Movie by Lloyd Kaufman

and of course Get In The Van by Rollins, it's so damn good, I've lost count of how many times I've read it.
                    DVD Aficionado: http://keenanjameshetfield.dvdaf.com/

LastFM: http://www.last.fm/user/KeenanAndKel

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                      Patterson has got to be the worst main stream author out there right now. He's just brutal.

I'm just waiting for the new Harlan Coben (One of my favs) "The Woods" to come out next week.

Patterson doesn't even write his own books anymore. He signs off on creative approval; that's how he produces so many. I had a suspense thriller class and I did alot of research on the industry.

Harlan Coben was the pleasant surprise of that class. He's a gem of a writer.

Comment

• Watership Down by Richard Adams. Bros, I'm totally getting a bunny now.
                        Support YOUR eventual NY Giants Quarterback, Jared Lorenzen!

Comment

• Im Reading Tess Gerritsen Life Support @ The Moment Great Book

Comment

• Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post
                            Patterson doesn't even write his own books anymore. He signs off on creative approval; that's how he produces so many. I had a suspense thriller class and I did alot of research on the industry.

Harlan Coben was the pleasant surprise of that class. He's a gem of a writer.
                            I think Patterson still writes the Alex Cross series, but your right on everything else. He just puts his name on it.

Coben is a gem! Love his books...

Comment

• Well as of today I finished reading the Autobiography of Malcolm X by Malcolm X & Alex Haley. Everyone on earth should read this book, it really opened my eyes and my heart to alot of things I've never thought about before. It's even given me a great interest in the religion of Islam also and I am generally completely against all organized religion.

Comment

• Just read the third Odd Thomas book. It's the best of the three but that's not saying much. And I read White Light from Jim Butcher. The Dresden Files are kind of a guilty pleasure. They are kind of stupid but they are entertaining as hell. They made a semi-shitty show based on them.

Comment

Working...
                                X