No announcement yet.

What Book Did You Last Read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World War Z by Max Brooks...it was decent. I still don't understand the hype for the book, however the geopolitical side of the novel was "what kept me going". 7/10

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
      World War Z by Max Brooks...it was decent. I still don't understand the hype for the book, however the geopolitical side of the novel was "what kept me going". 7/10
      I didn't really like it that much. I cannot imagine how they'll make it into a movie.

Comment

• I started reading a bunch:

A Game of Thrones - George RR Martin
        The Children of Hurin - JRR Tolkien
        Waking Up Screaming - HP Lovecraft

Comment

• I’m reading Down There by David Goodis, a crime novel from the 1950s set in Philadelphia. It was the basis for Truffaut’s Shoot the Piano Player.

Sam

New horror comics each month | Vols. 1 & 2 on sale now - just $15 each.

Comment

• Last Book I've read was...

The Perks of Being a Wallflower...Since reading that, it's one of my favorites. I'm currenly reading Long Time Between Kisses. So far it's pretty good.
            When I am queen on royal thrown made out of parts of broken bones
            of all the devils I have known that suck the angels dry.
            When I am queen I'll have my way I'll make it drowning dollie day
            and all the tears that we have cried will suck back in our eyes..Hush baby go to sleep

Comment

• Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post
              I didn't really like it that much. I cannot imagine how they'll make it into a movie.
              I don't think it will be adapted properly...it'll likely focus on North America. The problem with the book was that there was too much and too little focus (if that makes any sense) and it took itself too seriously (there are themes in it as well...) when it didn't need to. I guess it's just a hit-or-miss with people...

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
                I don't think it will be adapted properly...it'll likely focus on North America. The problem with the book was that there was too much and too little focus (if that makes any sense) and it took itself too seriously (there are themes in it as well...) when it didn't need to. I guess it's just a hit-or-miss with people...
                Yep. I really expected to enjoy this book as much as the Zombie Survival Guide as we discussed already. It just seems like any humor and irreverence that Brooks exhibited in the Survival Guide, was lost as he tried to up the ante for World War Z. It's a shame.

Comment

• I just read 12th Night by William Shakespeare
                  sigpic:banana::martyr:

" I fear for my life, No MoRe Me I say there will be no more me at all."

Comment

• i'm reading "japanese morphosyntax" by jens rickmeyer

"Idiots in their own idiotic way have their own idiotic worries."

Comment

• i am reading the godfather by mario puzo
                      Want to trade? PM me
                      http://armyofthedeadsurvivor.dvdaf.com/owned

sigpic

Comment

• To Kill A Mockingbird.

Great book.
                        [IMG]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b187/measyng/ZombieSuppersig.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

• I bought a signed copy of this book last night for nect to nothing at my used book store - its hilarious.

Comment

• Harlan Coben - The Woods

Not his best, but still an enjoyable read. Coben never lets me down...

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                              Harlan Coben - The Woods

I've been wanting to read this, but I can't abide paying the hardback price. A few more weeks I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                                Harlan Coben - The Woods

Pretty decent read. I have really liked all his stand alone stuff but i have never read any of the Myron Bolitar series. Is it any good? The idea of a sports agent as the main character does not appeal to me at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X