Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Book Did You Last Read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
    Pretty decent read. I have really liked all his stand alone stuff but i have never read any of the Myron Bolitar series. Is it any good? The idea of a sports agent as the main character does not appeal to me at all.
    I haven't read them either, but people swear by them.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post
      I've been wanting to read this, but I can't abide paying the hardback price. A few more weeks I think.
      Wait it out. It's a really quick read and it's not worth the hard-back price. I paid 14 bucks for it at Borders. Not bad.

      Comment


      • Motley cRue : The diRt

        amaZing!!!..fucking awesome Read, even if you'Re not a fan...this book is a must!

        ~Z~
        sigpic

        Comment


        • Dark Tower: vol. III

          I HAVE MADE A FILM!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tomdd8UK-BY

          My DVD collection
          http://zombie-corpse.dvdaf.com/

          Comment


          • Camp Crystal Lake Memories. An absolute must own for fans of FT13th. Really well done with a ton of great info and insight.
            http://voodookitchen.dvdaf.com/owned

            Comment


            • The Expanding Universe - Mark A. Garlick

              Decent read...it's non-fiction of course and isn't a novel but it's a nice little pocket book, relating to the title. 4/5

              Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by QZfoReveR View Post
                Motley cRue : The diRt

                amaZing!!!..fucking awesome Read, even if you'Re not a fan...this book is a must!

                ~Z~
                Yes it is a great book. Couldn't agree more.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                  Yes it is a great book. Couldn't agree more.
                  You're about the tenth person to talk about this recently. Only my irritation with Vince Neil as a human being (and his pathetic foray into porn), has stopped me from picking it up so far.

                  Comment


                  • Last book I read was Touch of Evil by Kay Hooper. She is a truely amazing author and is one of the few who can actually keep you guessing right to the very end.
                    Out of my sight, thou dost infect my eyes!

                    Comment


                    • City of The Dead

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                        Yes it is a great book. Couldn't agree more.
                        Soon to be a movie.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                          Soon to be a movie.

                          Directed by Larry (Borat) Charles...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by caustic_coffee View Post
                            You're about the tenth person to talk about this recently. Only my irritation with Vince Neil as a human being (and his pathetic foray into porn), has stopped me from picking it up so far.
                            Then for sure pick this book up. The Chapter about his Daughter is really touching. It's amazing how these 4 uneducated fools, with lets face it minimal talent, formed one of the great rock bands that continue to sell out stadiums almost 30 years later.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                              Then for sure pick this book up. The Chapter about his Daughter is really touching. It's amazing how these 4 uneducated fools, with lets face it minimal talent, formed one of the great rock bands that continue to sell out stadiums almost 30 years later.
                              This book is incredible. You feel dirty when you get done reading it. I love the fact that they let the boys all contradict each other with their own versions of the same story and it was very cool that they let John Corabi have the ink he had (for the record, Motley's best album by far is the one with Corabi). While I do agree that Vince is a very weak singer (he just fit this situation perfectly)and Nikki and Mick are competent (at best) at their instruments, you have to give Tommy his props. Mr Lee is a vey good drummer.
                              http://voodookitchen.dvdaf.com/owned

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by VoodooKitchen View Post
                                This book is incredible. You feel dirty when you get done reading it. I love the fact that they let the boys all contradict each other with their own versions of the same story and it was very cool that they let John Corabi have the ink he had (for the record, Motley's best album by far is the one with Corabi). While I do agree that Vince is a very weak singer (he just fit this situation perfectly)and Nikki and Mick are competent (at best) at their instruments, you have to give Tommy his props. Mr Lee is a vey good drummer.
                                Tommy's drums are the soul of the band muscially. No doubt he's one of rock great drummers. Although, after seeing them live last year Mick can still flat out shred. Nikki is a average bass player at best, but it's his brains and vision that made them what they are. I thought all the stuff where they are the one of the rare bands that have their own masters from their music was great. That was a stoke of genuis from Nikki getting those from Elecktra.

                                I do love Motley Crue with Corabi, but something doesn't feel right without Vince. But yes that Corabi album flat out rocks, and musically thay never sounded better...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X