Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Undefeated : The Story Of The 1972 Miami Dolphins

Comment

• Thrillers: 100 Must Reads - ed. by David Morell & Hank Wagner. - A synopsis of 100 of the most influential thriller novels dating back to 1500 B.C. - including several historic and classic stories you might not have thought of as a 'thriller'. They are each introduced by a modern thriller author/critic or someone connected with publishing/reading thrillers with what is supposed to be an essay on the novel and author and their importance. Apparently many of these modern peeps forget the definition of 'essay' and instead provide a spoilerific full synopsis of the book. It did give me a number of stories I'm interested in investigating now.

Comment

• A Serpent's Tooth - Craig Johnson. A solid if not spectacular entry in the Longmire series.

Comment

• Flanimals ~ Ricky Gervais
          An Idiot Abroad ~ Karl Pilkington
          Dancing with Myself ~ Billy Idol

Comment

• That Which Should Not Be - Brett J. Talley. Although a bit contrived in parts, and containing some ridiculously purloined names from horror literature, this is one of the better Cthulhu Mythos novels I've read. I would def recommend it to Lovecraft fans, and would read more from this author.

Comment

• The Daylight Marriage - Heidi Pitlor. - One of the many Gone Girl-like stories to follow in its wake. Not terribly written, and a really fast read. However, it lacked any depth, twists or any real tension. This author has a lon way to go to match Gillian Flynn.

Comment

• The Girl from the Well - Rin Chupeco. Essentially J-Horror in book form (long-haired Japanese girl ghost and all). Started off ok, but got old really fast. Not a horrible story, but the writer needs more experience.

The Martian Chronicles - Ray Bradbury. Not quite the story I was expecting. Guess I never really knew what the stories were about before. Classic but dated writing.

Comment

• Sightings - Mark Lukens. Although it started off OK, by mid-book it had devolved into a generic straight-to-DVD horror story. Not terrible, and a quick enough read, but nothing worth going out of your way to buy or read unless you're really into everything alien abduction.

Comment

• The Stranger Beside Me - Ann Rule

Chilling account of the murders and trials of Ted Bundy, can be quite slow at times but an overall great read and will make you lock your doors all day everyday.

Comment

• Shovel Ready - Adam Sternbergh.A mash-up of hard-boiled detective and modern cyberpunk. It was an OK short read, but the lack of quotation marks or 'he said' got really annoying.

Comment

• Been reading Salem's Lot. Bit slow 40 pages in but I'm sure it'll pick up soon.
                        “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Nemesis and The Devil's Star - Jo Nesbø.
                          Last edited by Mayday; Yesterday, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X