Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out now!!

OF MYSTICISM AND MADNESS
    After languishing in obscurity for the last 30 years, the misunderstood, exiled cult genius Alejandro Jodorowsky is finally getting his
    long-awaited day in the sun with the release of a new box set and definitive book. Jodorowsky and his son, Santa Sangre star Cristóbal speak.
    by Ben Cobb, Rodrigo Gudiño, Chris Alexander and Mark R. Hasan

GHOSTS OF THE PAST
    Acclaimed short filmmaker Nacho Cerdá makes his feature debut with The Abandoned.
    Interviews with Cerdá and co-writer Karim Hussain. Plus: After Dark Horrorfest set reviewed, and more!
    by Stuart Andrews, Last Chance Lance and Mario DeGiglio-Bellemare

PENANCE FOR A GORENOGRAPHER
    Fred Vogel ruminates on his August Underground series and moves forward with his new film The Redsin Tower.
    by The Gore-met

DEVILS AND DARLINGS
    Jason D’Aquino creates storybook-like miniatures with distressing details.
    by Jovanka Vuckovic and Kirsten Anderson

DEPARTMENTS:

NOTE FROM UNDERGROUND
    Love.

DREADLINES
    Darabont wraps shooting on King’s The Mist, Maritimes short wins Grindhouse trailer contest, Clive Barker and Linda Blair voice Teddy Scares film.

CINEMACABRE
    Interview with 28 Weeks Later star, Harold Perrineau. Reviews of Zodiac, The Tripper, The Hills Have Eyes II, Dead Silence, Masters of Horror: Right to Die, Albert Fish, The Breed, Evil (To Kako), Sublime, and more. Reissues presents Bava on Bava: Five Films of Blood, John McCarty’s Fearmakers Collection, reviews of Re-Animator, Naked You Die, Beyond Dream’s Door, They’re Playing with Fire, and more.

CINEMARQUEE.
    The Living Coffin.

SCHIZOID CINEPHILE
    Spotlight: Bob Clark.

BLOOD IN FOUR COLOURS
    Spotlight: Serena Valentino’s Nightmares & Fairy Tales: 1140 Rue Royale. Reviews of 28 Days Later: The Aftermath, Blood Nation #1, The Dark Goodbye, Death Dealer #1, Hellboy: Darkness Calls.

THE NINTH CIRCE
    Spotlight: Earthling Publications. Reviews of Zombiemania: 80 Movies to Die For, The Hellraiser Films and their Legacy, Midnight Mavericks, Lost Echoes, Haunted Homeland, and more.

TRAVELOGUE OF TERROR
    Warwick Castle – Warwickshire, England.

THE GORE-MET
    Menu: Two ’80s Kung Fu bloodbaths.

AUDIO DROME
    Spotlight: The Twilight Theatre. Reviews of The Host OST, 300 OST, Deadly Friend OST, Marcus OST, Bad Ash, Blitzkid, Crud, Lordi, Impetigo, Grave Robbers, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse.

PLAY DEAD
    Do You Worship Cthulhu?, Gloom: Unwelcome Guests, Bullet Witch.

CLASSIC CUT
    F.W. Murnau’s Faust.

GIVEAWAYS THIS ISSUE: 25 new subscribers will win copies of Curse of the Zodiac and Ed Gein: The Butcher of Plainfield County courtesy of Lionsgate and Barnholtz Entertainment.

Rue Morgue #67 is dedicated to the memory of Bob Clark and his son Ariel Hanrath-Clark. RIP.

source
    LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Great magazine... i look forward to it more than I do Fangoria now.
      "I know this is hard for all of you... so let's just have breakfast."

Daily Horror Movie Reviews!!!
      http://www.horrormovieaday.com

Comment

ON STANDS JUNE 1st!

MY PET ZOMBIE
        This month, Lionsgate releases Fido, a ’50s-styled satirical zom-com that plays out like a parody of Lassie with Day of the Dead’s Bub in the role of the family dog. Interviews with director Andrew Currie, zombie hero Billy Connelly, and more!
        by Monica S. Kuebler, Dave Alexander, Last Chance Lance and Mark R. Hasan

BENEATH THE CITY OF OTHERS
        Comic book titans Steve Niles and Bernie Wrightson team up for City of Others. Plus: Future Frights from Steve Niles.
        by Jovanka Vuckovic and Joseph O’Brien

THE VIOLENCE OF THE LAMBS
        In the tradition of Peter Jackson’s early splatter comedies comes Jonathan King’s Black Sheep, New Zealand’s latest horror export. Plus: review of three new tainted meat movies.
        by Dave Alexander, Brad Abraham, Chris Alexander and JJ McAllister

T.S. KUEBLER’S CABINET OF CURIOSITIES
        Step inside and witness the exquisite full-size monster sculptures of Thomas Scott Kuebler.
        by Jovanka Vuckovic

CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT
        Eli Roth returns to the torture dungeons of Eastern Europe with a sequel to Hostel.
        by Dave Alexander

DEPARTMENTS:

NOTE FROM UNDERGROUND
        Women and horror.

DREADLINES
        Versus director helms Barker’s Midnight Meat Train, Corman’s Leeches to rise again in remake, Horror-themed social networking grows with FearNet.

CINEMACABRE
        Reviews of Grindhouse, Rise; Blood Hunter, Severance, Slaughter Night, Vacancy, The Reaping, Creepshow III, Ils, The Nature of Nicholas, Shutter, MoH: The Screwfly Solution, 13 Tzameti, and more. Reissues presents Deimos Entertainment’s deluxe Paul Naschy series, reviews of Night of the Comet, The Clown Murders, The Man and the Monster, Bleak Future.

CINEMARQUEE
        Frankenstein Conquers the World (1966)
        SCHIZOID CINEPHILE
        Spotlight: Nomads.

BLOOD IN FOUR COLOURS
        Spotlight: Hellblazer. Reviews of Dead High Yearbook, Micrographica, MPD Psycho Vol 1, The Secret, and Detective Comics #622-624.

THE NINTH CIRCE
        Spotlight: John Kenneth Muir’s Horror Films of the 1980s. Reviews of Japanese Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror Films, Mondo Lucha A Go-Go, La Dolce Morte, Jeff Strand’s The Sinister Mr. Corpse, Scott Sigler’s Ancestor, and more.

TRAVELOGUE OF TERROR
        Devil’s Den – Gettysburg, Pennsylvania.

THE GORE-MET
        Menu: The Gore-met calls out Grindhouse.

AUDIO DROME
        Spotlight: The Brains. Reviews of Planet Terror OST, Death Proof OST, L’isola degli uomini pesce OST, The Reaping OST, Greatest Science Fiction Hits V, Bardi Johannsson, Glenn Danzig, Calabrese, Welcome to Circus Punk-a-Billy Vol. 2, :Wumpscut:, and Rwake.

PLAY DEAD
        S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, 300: March to Glory, Ghost Rider.

CLASSIC CUT
        Edgar Lee Masters’ Spoon River Anthology

GIVEAWAYS THIS ISSUE: 20 new subscribers will win copies of Black Magic, The Boxer’s Omen and Super Inframan courtesy of Image Entertainment.

source
        LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Wow

ON STANDS JULY 1st!

KIDS VS. MONSTERS!
          The Monster Squad, a Bad New Bears-meets-the-Universal monsters kid comedy, has gathered an impressive cult following since its release twenty years ago. This month, the lost gem finally makes its way to DVD. Rue Morgue reunites director Fred Dekker, the entire cast of monsters, creature designer Stan Winston and star Andre Gower.
          by Chris Alexander, Dave Alexander and Jovanka Vuckovic

THE CRYPT NEVER CLOSES
          Tales from the Crypt is reborn and looking better than ever with Gemstone Publishing’s ongoing series The EC Archives. The history and legacy of the most famous horror comic book series of all time.
          by Paul Corupe

SPILLING GUTS WITH SLAYER
          Twenty-four years after Slayer’s unholy inception, guitarist Kerry King reveals the lighter side of his band’s fascination with evil, ritual dismemberment… and all manner of anti-Christian abomination.
          by Jovanka Vuckovic

HOUSE OF WAX
          Visit The Witch’s Dungeon wax museum, North America’s longest-running Halloween attraction.
          by Paul Corupe

DEPARTMENTS:

NOTE FROM UNDERGROUND
          Rape.

DREADLINES
          FanTasia highlights include Jean Rollin and apocalypse films; Undead creators trade zombies for vampires in second feature.

CINEMACABRE
          Featuring a profile on Lurker Films. Reviews of Joshua, 1408, Day Watch, Bug, 28 Weeks Later, MoH’s “The Black Cat,” Alone with Her, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, Blood Tea & Red String, and more. Reissues presents Deimos Entertainment’s Welcome to the Grindhouse series, reviews of Who Can Kill a Child?, The Blind Woman’s Curse, Five Bloody Graves/Nurse Sherri, Video Violence… When Renting is Not Enough, and more.

CINEMARQUEE
          Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman (195.

SCHIZOID CINEPHILE
          Spotlight: Tales That Witness Madness.

BLOOD IN FOUR COLOURS
          Spotlight: The Spectre. Reviews of Arkadian: No Witness, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Creature from the Depths, Hack/Slash, and Jonah Hex.

THE NINTH CIRCE
          Spotlight: film scholar Tom Weaver. Reviews of Television Fright Films of the 1970s, Bela Lugosi: Dreams and Nightmares, Michael Marshall’s The Intruders, B.H. Fingerman’s Bottomfeeder, Steve Gerlach’s Love Lies Dying, and more.

TRAVELOGUE OF TERROR
          Dearly Departed Tours – Hollywood, California.

THE GORE-MET
          Menu: Video sex and violence from Japan.

AUDIO DROME
          Spotlight: Tiger Army. Reviews of The Dead Girl OST, Dead Silence OST, Zombi, The Ripmen, Serpenteens, Marilyn Manson, 3 Inches of Blood, Killing Joke, Blood Freak, and Glenn Danzig.

PLAY DEAD
          Zombietown, Penumbra: Overture and Monster Madness: Battle for Suburbia.

CLASSIC CUT
          The Quatermass Xperiment.

GIVEAWAYS THIS ISSUE: Twenty-five new subscribers will win a Misfits Records prize pack consisting of a messenger bag filled with a 30th anniversary T-shirt and CDs from The Misfits, Osaka Popstar, Balzac and Juicehead.

source
          LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

I really outta subscribe to this. My Fangoria subscription is ending in 2 or 3 months, I'll check it out then.
            2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
            Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
            I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
            Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
            Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
            Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
            Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
            The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
            Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
            Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

ON STANDS SEPTEMBER 1ST!

THE DAY THE DEAD RAWKED THE EARTH
              They’re back from the grave and ready to party! Return of the Living Dead creator Dan O’Bannon lets Rue Morgue pick his braaaiiins for the dirt on his ’80s punk rock zombie classic. Plus: Interviews with Scream Queen Linnea Quigley, Allan “The Tarman” Trautman and 45 Grave’s Dinah Cancer.
              by Dave Alexander, Last Chance Lance, Chris Alexander and Liisa Ladouceur

THE LOST ART OF DEATH PHOTOGRAPHY
              Dr. Stanley Burns, an expert on the esoteric art of taking portraits of the deceased, exposes the birth, life and afterlife of post-mortem photography.
              by Last Chance Lance

BLOODBATH ON THE BAYOU
              Hatchet director Adam Green goes deep into the swamp on a mission to make slasher movies fun again.
              by John W. Bowen

FANTASIA 2007: FESTIVAL WRAP-UP
              Selected reviews from this year’s programme of dark cinema.
              by Dave Alexander, Stuart Andrews, Emma Anderson, Michele Galgana, Monica S. Kuebler, Chris Todd and Jovanka Vuckovic.

TRAPPED IN A PARADISE LOST

In BioShock, gamers face mutated humans in a decaying underwater city.
              by Monica S. Kuebler

MILD-MANNERED MURDERER
              Author Jeff Lindsay is back with the third book in his serial killer series: Dexter in the Dark.
              by Monica S. Kuebler

DEPARTMENTS:
              NOTE FROM UNDERGROUND
              Zombies.

DREADLINES
              The Search for the Next Elvira begins this October; The Molotov Theatre Group revives Grand Guignol in a series of new plays; Joe Dante recruits genre filmmakers for classic horror trailer commentaries.

CINEMACABRE
              Reviews of Right at Your Door, Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, I Know Who Killed Me, Captivity, Skinwalkers, Unholy, Arang, Masters of Horror: “Sounds Like” and “The Washingtonians” and more! Reissues features The Burning, plus reviews of Witchfinder General, Eaten Alive and Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

CINEMARQUEE
              The Fly (195.

SCHIZOID CINEPHILE
              Spotlight: Chosen Survivors.

BLOOD IN FOUR COLOURS
              Spotlight: Matt Coyle’s Worry Doll. Reviews of Thirteen Steps #1, Black Metal Vol. 1 TPB, Byron: Mad, Bad and Dangerous, Marvel Zombies vs. The Army of Darkness HC and Tag TPB.

THE NINTH CIRCE
              Spotlight: Sarah Langan’s The Missing. Reviews of Match to Flame: The Fictional Paths to Fahrenheit 451, Dimensions Behind the Twilight Zone, The Darkening Garden: A Lexicon of Horror, Steven Savile’s Laughing Boy’s Shadow, Joyce Carol Oates’ The Female of the Species: Tales of Mystery and Suspense, and more!

TRAVELOGUE OF TERROR
              Eastern State Penitentiary – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

THE GORE-MET
              Menu: Ebola Syndrome.

AUDIO DROME
              Spotlight: Balzac. Reviews of Blood & Chocolate OST, La tarantola dal ventre nero OST, God Save the King: A Psychobillly Tribute to Elvis, Haunted George, Harley Poe and the Dead Vampires, Viper Rash, Bludwulf, The Horrendous Acts of Violence, Necromondo, and After Dark.

PLAY DEAD
              Vampire Rain, Night’s Dark Masters: A Guide to Vampires, and The Darkness.

CLASSIC CUT
              Chas Balun’s Deep Red Magazine.

GIVEAWAYS THIS ISSUE:
              Twenty new subscribers will win a Rob Zombie 3-Disc Collector’s Set courtesy of Lionsgate.

*Cover illustration by Justin Erickson.

source

Sweeet ROTLD.
              LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Can someone tell me if Rue Morgue is colour? Or B&W print?
                2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
                Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
                I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
                Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
                Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
                Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
                Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
                The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
                Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
                Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!! View Post
                  Can someone tell me if Rue Morgue is colour? Or B&W print?
                  All colour.
                  LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Anyone know how much itll cost me to subscribe in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
                      Anyone know how much itll cost me to subscribe in the UK?
                      1/2 year subscription - $63.95
                      (6 issues)

1 year subscription - $98.95
                      (11 issues)

2 year subscription - $177.95
                      (22 issues)

The overseas prices are here: http://www.rue-morgue.com/overseas.php
                      LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Thanks. Looks like I'll pass though. Theres a site in the UK that sells each issue for $10 so I'll just buy it whenever I see an issue that peaks my interest.

Comment

Originally posted by depecheanix View Post
                          Thanks. Looks like I'll pass though. Theres a site in the UK that sells each issue for $10 so I'll just buy it whenever I see an issue that peaks my interest.
                          Cool. The RM site (link above) sells each issue, as well as back issues, for $10 too.
                          LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Cool! Sucks that the Bava issue is sold out

Comment

Yeah, it's a damn good issue.
                              LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                                Yeah, it's a damn good issue.
                                At least I have my Tim Lucas Bava book on the way!

Comment

Working...
                                X