No announcement yet.

Rue Morgue Magazine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That more than makes up for it, I'm sure. I will get that one day.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

That new issue looks kick ass. I loves me some ROTLD!

Comment

Originally posted by ZOMBIE COMMANDO View Post
        That new issue looks kick ass. I loves me some ROTLD!
        The cover artwork is fucking awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Brain eater View Post
          The cover artwork is fucking awesome.
          Damn straight. I'm going to go to Borders today and see if they have any copies in.

Comment

I've gotta back order some of these recent ones now! The Jodo issue, Monster Squad issue, and now the ROTLD issue! I stopped my subscription because I needed to spend the money on other shit but now I'm thinking I should try to fit it in my budget.
            Infini-Tropolis.com

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
              1/2 year subscription - $63.95
              (6 issues)

1 year subscription - $98.95
              (11 issues)

2 year subscription - $177.95
              (22 issues)

The overseas prices are here: http://www.rue-morgue.com/overseas.php
              Aright, I'm gonna go with the 1 year subscription I think. My Fangoria subscription is up in October, so I'll do it then. Is this alot better than Fangoria?
              2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
              Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
              I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
              Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
              Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
              Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
              Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
              The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
              Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
              Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!! View Post
                Aright, I'm gonna go with the 1 year subscription I think. My Fangoria subscription is up in October, so I'll do it then. Is this alot better than Fangoria?
                So, so much better. They'll really help to open your eyes to all sorts of horror new and old whereas fango pretty much just promote whatever is 'in' at the moment.

Comment

Mmm.. Reading about RM is making me want to subscribe to it. I was thinking of subscribing to Fangoria a few years ago cause it was the only horror magazine I could find but it seemed to be full of crap I don't really care about. Plus I could just read the copies at Suncoast.

Bet I'll be one of the only people in the world who subscribe to both Cosmopolitan and Rue Morgue magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyLigeia View Post
                    Mmm.. Reading about RM is making me want to subscribe to it. I was thinking of subscribing to Fangoria a few years ago cause it was the only horror magazine I could find but it seemed to be full of crap I don't really care about. Plus I could just read the copies at Suncoast.

Bet I'll be one of the only people in the world who subscribe to both Cosmopolitan and Rue Morgue magazine.
                    Bah. I subscribe to Vogue, Glamour, Allure, and W, along with Rue Morgue. No Cosmo though.
                    More Kill. Less Bill.

Comment

This magazine is so good. I hate Fangoria and feel like it has really gone down hill which is a shame cause I grew up reading fango but rue morgue has yet to let me down.

Comment

Originally posted by Nosferatuscreams View Post
                        I've gotta back order some of these recent ones now! The Jodo issue, Monster Squad issue, and now the ROTLD issue! I stopped my subscription because I needed to spend the money on other shit but now I'm thinking I should try to fit it in my budget.
                        I backordered the Jodorowsky issue like 2 weeks ago, and haven't gotten it yet, and it's really annoying me

Comment

I have to say, with every new issue I take a look at, I'm continually impressed by the production value of these magazines.

These have to be collector's items.

Comment

Rue Morgue is amazing. The Travelogue of Terror section is great and always has some cool info on places I've never heard of. There's a cool feature on Bioshock in the new issue as well.

Comment

wow

RM#72: 140 PAGES! ON STANDS OCTOBER 1ST!

MAN IS STILL THE WARMEST PLACE TO HIDE
                              This Halloween, join us as we honour the silver anniversary of John Carpenter’s masterpiece alien invasion movie The Thing. Interviews with Carpenter,
                              FX legend Rob Bottin, stars Kurt Russell and Keith David. Plus: Thingfest, Universal Horror Nights’ The Thing – Assimilation, and more!
                              by John W. Bowen, Jovanka Vuckovic, Jason Lapeyre, Dave Alexander and Trevor Tuminski

MEMOIRS FROM THE RUE MORGUE

Rue Morgue celebrates its 10th birthday. This is the story of how we came to be.
                              by Rodrigo Gudiño

THE MANUSCRIPT OF JAKABOK BOTCH
                              Clive Barker returns to horror lit with Mister B. Gone. Plus: A look at his gory new game, Jericho.
                              by Jovanka Vuckovic and Monica S. Kuebler

HEAVIER THAN HELL: A HISTORY OF BLACK METAL
                              Examining the global phenomenon. Plus: Ten essential black metal albums.
                              by Liisa Ladouceur, Chris Bruni and Alexander Erhardt

THE BLOODSUCKERS OF BARROW, ALASKA
                              30 Days of Night finally comes to the big screen. Plus: FEARnet’s new web serial.
                              by Liisa Ladouceur

INVASION OF THE PODCASTERS

Tune into the weird world of radio-style horror podcasts.
                              by Ken McIntyre and Monica S. Kuebler

MONSTERS FOR BREAKFAST
                              Start your day with Count Chocula, Franken Berry, Boo Berry and the gang.
                              by James Burrell

BLOOD ON STEEL: 25 YEARS OF METAL BLADE
                              Metal Blade Records celebrates a quarter century of bloody, brutal heavy metal.
                              by Keith Carman

STUDIES IN MADNESS
                              Enter The Nightmare Factory, a graphic novelization of Thomas Ligotti stories.
                              by Richard Gavin

UNDEAD HEADBANGER
                              Meet Johnny Gruesome, Greg Lamberson’s undead metal-loving zombie.
                              by James Grainger

DEPARTMENTS:
                              NOTE FROM UNDERGROUND
                              The Thing.

DREADLINES
                              Lordi wraps first horror film; Toronto After Dark Film Festival expands for Year Two; “Deathrock” Festival descends on Europe.

CINEMACABRE
                              Cinemacabre features Postal and Bloodrayne: Deliverance, Abbreviated Terrors and Blood on a Budget. Reviews of Halloween (2007), Return to House on Haunted Hill, The Invasion, Flight of the Living Dead: Outbreak on a Plane, Frostbitten, Final Draft, Beneath, Black Kiss, The Cradle, The House of Usher, Creature Features Collection, Forest of the Dead, ID, Silk, Masters of Horror: “That Damned Thing” and more! Reissues features Spider Baby and the latest round of classic horror-themed Midnite Movies, plus reviews of The Stendhal Syndrome, From Beyond, The Blood Rose, Beauty Queen Butcher, The Food of the Gods, Spawn, Scarecrows, Horrors of Malformed Men and Snake Woman’s Curse, and more!
                              CINEMARQUEE
                              The Hunchback of Notre Dame (1923).

SCHIZOID CINEPHILE
                              Spotlight: Fright Night.

BLOOD IN FOUR COLOURS
                              Spotlight: Spawn. Plus reviews of Black Mist #2, Cut TPB, Graphics Classics’ Dracula, Faker #1-2 and Dark Horse Presents’ Getting it Right.

THE NINTH CIRCE
                              Spotlight: F. Paul Wilson’s Repairman Jack series. Plus reviews of John Stanley’s I Was A TV Horror Host, Nightmare USA: The Untold Story of the Exploitation Independents, It Came From the Kitchen, Richard Taylor’s The Haunting of Cambria, Matthew Smith’s The Words of their Roaring, and more!

TRAVELOGUE OF TERROR
                              Day of the Dead Festival – San Andres Mixquic, Tlahuac, Mexico City.

THE GORE-MET
                              Menu: Inner Depravity.

AUDIO DROME
                              Spotlight: The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets. Reviews of Halloween OST, The Invasion OST, Sei iellato, amico hai incontrato Sacramento/I due volti della paura OST, Skinwalkers OST, Hostel: Part II OST, Godzilla (199 OST, 1408 OST, The Number 23 OST, The Sick Ones Volume 1: International Psychobilly Compilation, Judder and the Jackrabbits, The Ghastly Ones, The Spook, Sons of Perdition, Those Poor Bastards, Zombeast, The Voodoo Organist, King Diamond, Dethklok, Laethora, High on Fire, Fondlecorpse, F.K.Ü and The Black Dahlia Murder.

PLAY DEAD
                              Touch the Dead, Escape from Bug Island and Dead Reefs.

CLASSIC CUT
                              John W. Campbell’s “Who Goes There?”

GIVEAWAYS THIS ISSUE:
                              Ten new subscribers will win a prize pack including Behind the Mask, The Evil Dead, Children of the Corn, Night of the Living Dead, The Hills Have Eyes, Re-Animator, Halloween, Hellraiser, Phantasm, The Best Butchers on the Block Recipe Book and The Best Butchers on the Block BBQ apron, for all your fresh meat!

source

The Thing, Black Metal, Clive Barker, and RM memoirs... nice.
                              Last edited by mR_BuNgLe; 09-30-2007, 01:35 PM.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
                                Interviews with FX legend Rob Bottin
                                You had me with that...

MONSTERS FOR BREAKFAST
                                Start your day with Count Chocula, Franken Berry, Boo Berry and the gang.
                                by James Burrell[
                                and THAT sealed the deal!

I wanna know what happened to FRUTE BRUTE & YUMMY MUMMY!
                                Last edited by superfry; 10-02-2007, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X