• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punisher #9

Comment

• Originally posted by Stinger66
      Batman Detective Comics #797. War Games Act I, Part I

Whew! This book moves damn fast. I really didn't think War Games would start out this quick. Think of it, a dozen gangs/mobs fighting each other and blowing each other up. Batman, Batgirl and Oracle are trying to stop it, but it's going on in every part of the city. This totally reminds me of Maximum Carnage but with more enemies involved. Good book. Again, I'm glad I made the decision to follow War Games.

Okay, I promised it earlier, so here it is: the WAR GAMES SCHEDULE!

August 4th
      Batman: The 12 cent Adventure (Prologue)
      Detective Comics #797 (Act I, Part I)

August 11th
      Batman: Ledgends of the Dark Knight #182 (Act I, Part II)
      Nightwing #96 (Act I, Part III)

August 18th
      Batman: Gotham Knights #56 (Act I, Part IV)
      Robin #129 (Act I, Part V)
      Batgirl #55 (Act I, Part VI)

August 25th
      Catwoman #34 (Act I, Part VII)
      Batman #631 (Act I, Part VIII)

September 1st
      Detective Comics #798 (Act II, Part I)

Spetember 8th
      Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #183 (Act II, Part II)
      Nightwing #97 (Act II, Part III)

September 15th
      Batman: Gotham Knights #57 (Act II, Part IV)

September 22nd
      Robin #130 (Act II, Part V)
      Batgirl #56 (Act II, Part VI)
      Catwoman #35 (Act II, Part VII)

September 29th
      Batman #632 (Act II, Part VIII)

October 6th
      Detective Comics #799 (Act III, Part I)

October 13th
      Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #184 (Act III, Part II)
      Nightwing #98 (Act III, Part III)

October 20th
      Robin #131 (Act III, Part IV)
      Batman: Gotham Knights #58 (Act III, Part V)
      Batgirl #57 (Act III, Part VI)

October 27th
      Catwoman #36 (Act III, Part VII)
      Batman #633 (Act III, Part VIII) [extra-length finale]

whew....I'm going to bed now.
      Awesome Stinger, thanks for the schedule

Comment

• The x-files series...those were kick ass.

Comment

Batman Detective Comics #797. War Games Act I, Part I

Whew! This book moves damn fast. I really didn't think War Games would start out this quick. Think of it, a dozen gangs/mobs fighting each other and blowing each other up. Batman, Batgirl and Oracle are trying to stop it, but it's going on in every part of the city. This totally reminds me of Maximum Carnage but with more enemies involved. Good book. Again, I'm glad I made the decision to follow War Games.

Okay, I promised it earlier, so here it is: the WAR GAMES SCHEDULE!

August 4th
          Batman: The 12 cent Adventure (Prologue)
          Detective Comics #797 (Act I, Part I)

August 11th
          Batman: Ledgends of the Dark Knight #182 (Act I, Part II)
          Nightwing #96 (Act I, Part III)

August 18th
          Batman: Gotham Knights #56 (Act I, Part IV)
          Robin #129 (Act I, Part V)
          Batgirl #55 (Act I, Part VI)

August 25th
          Catwoman #34 (Act I, Part VII)
          Batman #631 (Act I, Part VIII)

September 1st
          Detective Comics #798 (Act II, Part I)

Spetember 8th
          Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #183 (Act II, Part II)
          Nightwing #97 (Act II, Part III)

September 15th
          Batman: Gotham Knights #57 (Act II, Part IV)

September 22nd
          Robin #130 (Act II, Part V)
          Batgirl #56 (Act II, Part VI)
          Catwoman #35 (Act II, Part VII)

September 29th
          Batman #632 (Act II, Part VIII)

October 6th
          Detective Comics #799 (Act III, Part I)

October 13th
          Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight #184 (Act III, Part II)
          Nightwing #98 (Act III, Part III)

October 20th
          Robin #131 (Act III, Part IV)
          Batman: Gotham Knights #58 (Act III, Part V)
          Batgirl #57 (Act III, Part VI)

October 27th
          Catwoman #36 (Act III, Part VII)
          Batman #633 (Act III, Part VIII) [extra-length finale]

whew....I'm going to bed now.
          Shit...I don't think my newsstand gets Catwoman...I'm not even sure if I should collect this if I'm missing big chunks of the story like that.
          Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
          MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
          My DVDs
          Facebook
          MySpace

Comment

• Originally posted by alleywaykrew
            Shit...I don't think my newsstand gets Catwoman...I'm not even sure if I should collect this if I'm missing big chunks of the story like that.
            I think you might need to hike to a comic shop to get every one. Hey, I hike about 40 minutes to my comic shop every week.

Signature art by whats_eating_u

Comment

• To further stretch your pockets, everyone's gonna want to pick up Avengers #500 for the mega-crossover entitled "Avengers Disassembled." With Brian M. Bendis doing the writing and hot superstar David Finch doing the art it's a bit of a no-brainer, but just so you know -- this first issue was absolutely incredible. Bendis garuntees that not everyone is going to make it through this arc, and he delivers right away with not one, but 2 (!) shocking Avenger deaths. After this arc the entire team is going to be re-hashed with an all-new, all-different line-up. The events of this arc are so devasting they spread to the Avenger satellite books ( Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc.) and those linked with the Avengers (Spiderman -- Bendis just can't seem to EVER stop writing him). Should be some decent competition for the Batman centric "War Games" -- but that story looks just plain awesome.

And for those of you just dying to know who died:
              [spoiler:a67f7b100f]So far, Ant Man has seemingly been annihilated in an explosion caused by former teamate the Jack of Hearts who seems to be in a zombie-esque state [death is not confirmed at this point, much like an action film, an explosion doesn't necessarily mean death -- but he is missing]. The second Avenger to fall is the Vision, who get's very unceremoniously ripped in half by a crazed She-Hulk [Yep, that's endification for the android].[/spoiler:a67f7b100f]

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There is Only War.

Comment

Originally posted by alleywaykrew
                I think you might need to hike to a comic shop to get every one. Hey, I hike about 40 minutes to my comic shop every week.
                It's an hour drive to the comic shop...so the "hike" would be pretty inprobable.
                My DVDs
                Facebook
                MySpace

Comment

• Originally posted by Straker
                  To further stretch your pockets, everyone's gonna want to pick up Avengers #500 for the mega-crossover entitled "Avengers Disassembled." With Brian M. Bendis doing the writing and hot superstar David Finch doing the art it's a bit of a no-brainer, but just so you know -- this first issue was absolutely incredible. Bendis garuntees that not everyone is going to make it through this arc, and he delivers right away with not one, but 2 (!) shocking Avenger deaths. After this arc the entire team is going to be re-hashed with an all-new, all-different line-up. The events of this arc are so devasting they spread to the Avenger satellite books ( Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, etc.) and those linked with the Avengers (Spiderman -- Bendis just can't seem to EVER stop writing him). Should be some decent competition for the Batman centric "War Games" -- but that story looks just plain awesome.

And for those of you just dying to know who died:
                  [spoiler:6541dc4196]So far, Ant Man has seemingly been annihilated in an explosion caused by former teamate the Jack of Hearts who seems to be in a zombie-esque state [death is not confirmed at this point, much like an action film, an explosion doesn't necessarily mean death -- but he is missing]. The second Avenger to fall is the Vision, who get's very unceremoniously ripped in half by a crazed She-Hulk [Yep, that's endification for the android].[/spoiler:6541dc4196]
                  We discussed this a couple pages back...I still haven't gotten it yet. I'm really excited for it though. Hoepfully the newsstand'll have it tomorrow...
                  My DVDs
                  Facebook
                  MySpace

Comment

• Aliens - Berserker.

Comment

• Just read THE ULTIMATES: Nightmare......looks like we are going to see more ultimate versions of the mavel characters, which is a good thing.

I picked up several Batman comics as well, but haven't read them quite yet.

Comment

• The last comics I read were Aliens: Earth War about 10 years ago!!! I still have them some where too. Shortly after I got them the only comic book shop in my town closed down so that was the end of that

MySpace

Comment

• The last comic i read was Halloween #1 from chaos comics.
                          I want to slit your throat and FUCK the wound.

R.I.P. Dimebag

Comment

• just finished the last story arc of "x-statix" (marvel)... #21-25... and thats the end of that x-team... for now...

going to read "fables" (dc/vertigo) next... #19 and up to current... fabulous storytelling
                            [XBOXLIVE]KenslerDK[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

• Originally posted by Hyakotake
                              just finished the last story arc of "x-statix" (marvel)... #21-25... and thats the end of that x-team... for now...

going to read "fables" (dc/vertigo) next... #19 and up to current... fabulous storytelling
                              I heard that they might be cancelling X-Statix, but I wasn't sure if it was for real this time (they're always threatening to cancel that book, awesome as it is). That sucks, but I read in Wizard that Peter Milligan is taking over writing chores on X-Men from the overly craptacular Chuck Austen. I never understood why Austen was chosen to follow up Grant Morrison's amazing run, it's like a slap in face to him. It's like following a master performance from Mozart with Backstreet Boys, just doesn't work.

On a side note, I just read the first two installments in the "War Games" arc (The 12 Cent Adventure, and the Dectective Comics one) -- so far it's been ok, not much more, hopefully it starts to pick up though. Batman seems to be overly clueless in this arc so far....

In the Grim Darkness of the Far Future, There is Only War.

Comment

• THE NAIL #1
                                When you make your peace with authority, you become authority -Jim Morrison
                                Recently Seen
                                Constantine- 5/5
                                saw- 4/5
                                My DVDs

Comment

Working...
                                X