The Comic Book Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dead Leavening View Post
    I picked up three of the last four issues of Detective Comics, and I thought they were great. Things were actually happening. Is this the only ongoing series Batman is in? Or is there some other stuff I should be reading?
    I don't really mean to be a prick...but do you honestly think Detective Comics is the only ongoing book with Batman in it? Does Justice League Of America ring any bells...or...you know...BATMAN? Yes, Batman appears in the book called Batman. It's a weird, wild coincidence.
    Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
    MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
    My DVDs
    Facebook
    MySpace

Comment

• Originally posted by alleywaykrew View Post
      I don't really mean to be a prick...but do you honestly think Detective Comics is the only ongoing book with Batman in it? Does Justice League Of America ring any bells...or...you know...BATMAN? Yes, Batman appears in the book called Batman. It's a weird, wild coincidence.
      That's why I stayed away.

Comment

• I just read Batman: The Killing Joke for the first time. So incredible.
        There can never be too much blood, just a shortage of imagination

Comment

For not meaning to be a prick, you certainly were.

What I really meant to ask was if there were any other good titles he's currently in. And I guess I meant books where he's the main character, as opposed to any Justice League stuff.

I know I didn't say either of those before, but now I've clarified. Didn't mean to sound like a nerd in a thread for comic books.

Comment

• Pretty much everything except All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder. That comic is a travesty. It's not even fun to read. All star my hairy ass.

I recommend Batman and the Outsiders. It's just starting, but it's coming off of one of the best DC super-team titles in years. (A change I'm still pissed about, Alley)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dead Leavening View Post
              Didn't mean to sound like a nerd in a thread for comic books.
              No, you sounded like an idiot. Being a nerd implies you know something...for example...that the book titled Batman contains Batman stories.

Originally posted by menasyng View Post
              Pretty much everything except All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder. That comic is a travesty. It's not even fun to read. All star my hairy ass.

I recommend Batman and the Outsiders. It's just starting, but it's coming off of one of the best DC super-team titles in years. (A change I'm still pissed about, Alley)
              I agree...but why the hell is that being directed at me? It's not like I have any control whatsoever regarding DC (unless merciless bitching counts...which I doubt). I can't even really stand to read any of the central books these days unless they're written by Geoff Johns.
              My DVDs
              Facebook
              MySpace

Comment

• ASM #556 - A fun read for me. Jonah trying to escape from the hospital with his i.v. stand in his hands gave me a good laugh. Spidey stuffing his costume with newspaper to stay warm was funny too.

Wolverine #64 - Good 'ol Wolvie. You know you really hate someone when you blow yourself up just to get close to the person you wanna kill. With the way this one ended I'm looking forward to next month.

Scud The Disposable Assassin #23 - You guys know how much I like this book. I don't think it needs repeating. The only thing that makes me sad is there's only one more issue and then no more Scud.

And I haven't read it all yet, but I made good on my promise...

Sorry about the crappy cell pic. It's the best I can do from work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z0mb13 View Post
                  And I haven't read it all yet, but I made good on my promise...
                  Good work. Enjoy.
                  My DVDs
                  Facebook
                  MySpace

Comment

I agree...but why the hell is that being directed at me? It's not like I have any control whatsoever regarding DC (unless merciless bitching counts...which I doubt). I can't even really stand to read any of the central books these days unless they're written by Geoff Johns.
                    It's directed at you because other than straker you are the only real source of decent comic book discussion around here.

Also, I agree with the statement about Geoff Johns. He has been getting better and better as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

• You got it?

Good man, Charlie Brown. Now read it then talk about how fucking spanktastic it is.
                      Last edited by menasyng; 04-10-2008, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• "Came the day that T.C. fucked the chicken."

I almost fell outta my chair I laughed so hard. I'm about half way through. Fucking spanktastic indeed.

Comment

• ...and #2, #3, #4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Z0mb13 View Post
                            "Came the day that T.C. fucked the chicken."

I almost fell outta my chair I laughed so hard. I'm about half way through. Fucking spanktastic indeed.
                            Pfft. And you were in doubt, are you a true believer yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Salo View Post

...and #2, #3, #4.
                              Comics like that, or the Alien/Predator vs "X" type series are always laughable. It's basically really bad fan fiction.

Comment

• Originally posted by menasyng View Post
                                Pfft. And you were in doubt, are you a true believer yet?
                                I BEEE-LEEVE!

Comment

Working...
                                X