No announcement yet.

The Comic Book Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought Remains and Rob Zombie's The Nail. Both awesome I highly reccomend them...excellent stuff for any horror fan.......especially Remains.

Comment

This is a really good site.

It tells you what comic books are shipping every week and it has updates on moves/changes/cancellations as well. You can even sign up to have it e-mailed to you every week, as I do.

www.comiclist.com

Signature art by whats_eating_u

Comment

Dandy !
        Have A Nice DayŠ

Comment

The last comic I read was month's ago but it was a Crimson trade collection I got at media play...pretty cool, although not as cool as I thought it was going to be.

John Bonham playing Moby Dick for real!

Is it November 3rd yet?

Comment

The last issue of the new JLA came out, and damn...what a disappointment. I used to think Chris Claremont could do no wrong, but...wow. I really am enjoying the current Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, and Batman/Superman storylines though. Brian Azzarello and Jeph Loeb have actually made me care about Superman...what's the world coming to?
            Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
            MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
            My DVDs
            Facebook
            MySpace

Comment

Just got Remains part 2(excellent)
              Last Train to Deadsville
              Alister Arcane

All of these are recommended to horror lovers, especially Alister Arcane its about the fate of a late night horror host who was disgraced
              The Lord of Darkness: The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.
              (Legend 1985)

Comment

well i read an Inu-yasha (something else i forget the whole title) anyway it was manga and thats japenees comic so i hope it counts cuz it was a good book :P
                I hate you...deal with it

Comment

Two:

Astonishing X-Men #2 (which was OK)

and

Amazing Spider-man #509 - KICKED ASS!
                  Question: Is Gwen Stacy still alive?

Signature art by whats_eating_u

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger66
                    Two:

Astonishing X-Men #2 (which was OK)

and

Amazing Spider-man #509 - KICKED ASS!
                    Question: Is Gwen Stacy still alive?
                    If she is...that'd basically ruin a big part of the modern Spider-Man (in my opinion obviously)...so I'd be pretty disappointed.
                    Wii: 2401 9155 1089 4233
                    MK Wii: 2020-0595-4746
                    My DVDs
                    Facebook
                    MySpace

Comment

No one is reading 'The Walking Dead'? by Robert Kirkman,Tony Moore and now Charlie Adlard . From Image, probably one of THE best comics out right now. Did I mention it has zombies in it?

-FD
                      Revenant: The Zombie Magazine

Comment

probably one of my Richie Rich's back around 1978. I got bored with them I guess and moved on to baseball cards.

Comment

street fighter issue 2

Comment

Bartman #1
                            Fuck your grandmasigpic

Comment

2000ad - Shaun Of The Dead special issue
                              My DVD List at DVD Aficionado:
                              http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...&id=mrchainsaw

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco Dellamore
                                No one is reading 'The Walking Dead'? by Robert Kirkman,Tony Moore and now Charlie Adlard . From Image, probably one of THE best comics out right now. Did I mention it has zombies in it?

-FD
                                I'm reading that epic. I am also reading....

Remains
                                The Nail
                                Stormwatch Team Achilles
                                Gotham Central
                                Wanted
                                Ultimates

The latest issue of Gotham Central is badass....I never knew Mad Capper could be so menacing. This series follows the footsteps of Gotham's police departmen....kinda like a comic version of the shield.

Pick up the Wanted if you would like to read about what people would REALLY do with superpowers. It's all villian against villian action....like a superpowered mafia movie.

Stormwatch Team Achilles is about a team of special forces people that have been sanctioned by the UN to track down dangerous people with superhero powers. The world has gotten sick of radioactive wallcrawlers dispesing their own brand of justice...and the government is fighting back.

The Ultimates takes the old Avengers and updates them. This comic seriously reads like a summer blockbuster movie....and these are the best renditions of these classic heros I have ever seen. Think Captain America as an actual soldier that kills people....Hulk as a monster that drinks trucks full of beer and EATS his opponents.....Thor as a mental patient with crazy powers....and you get the idea.

The Nail is Rob Zombie's and Steve Niles new series about a wrestler protecting his family from a group of biker satanists.

Yeah I am a card carrying comic dork....you have some problems with that then fuck you.

Comment

Working...
                                X