Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Comic Book Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Finally read the first of the mini series daredevil end of days!

    To put it bluntly it's fucking awesome! Brian Bendis did it right.

    Comment


    • I'm thinking of picking up The Walking Dead Omnibus books, anyone on here have those? They're rather expensive but look amazing..

      Comment


      • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
        I'm thinking of picking up The Walking Dead Omnibus books, anyone on here have those? They're rather expensive but look amazing..

        It's definitely worth the pickup! You missed out when Borders closed down in lee's summit last year they were selling cheap!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
          It's definitely worth the pickup! You missed out when Borders closed down in lee's summit last year they were selling cheap!
          I guess I'll get them from Amazon although buyers have commented that they arrived somewhat damaged... I almost bought some bookcases from that Borders but didn't and have been kicking myself ever since....

          I take it you're from MO?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
            I guess I'll get them from Amazon although buyers have commented that they arrived somewhat damaged... I almost bought some bookcases from that Borders but didn't and have been kicking myself ever since....

            I take it you're from MO?
            Yep! Grew up at the lake of the ozarks been living in KC for the past 6 years though :P

            Comment


            • [YOUTUBE]RrYN-HsOKyg[/YOUTUBE]

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
                [YOUTUBE]RrYN-HsOKyg[/YOUTUBE]
                Don't know what to believe but I sure hate that it's in my backyard.

                Comment


                • Went back home and went through my old comics and found I owned this original ten-part series:



                  Had no recollection of buying/reading it. When the movie came out a few years ago, I thought it was based on a graphic novel that had come out a few years earlier.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                    Finally read the first of the mini series daredevil end of days!

                    To put it bluntly it's fucking awesome! Brian Bendis did it right.
                    i am also enjoying it; it's like a running interview with matt's nearest and dearest. i hope peter/spidey gets in there somewhere. spidey and dd's relationship long ago supplanted spidey and torch's as my fave spidey friendship, but in the post "brand new day" verse, there hasn't been much there. i'm also loving waid's current run on dd. transforming the spot, a powerful but utterly stupid villain, into the much more effective coyote, was nothing short of brilliant.


                    If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                    Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                    So frightened of dying
                    Relax, yes, I’m trying
                    But fear's got a hold on me

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                      i am also enjoying it; it's like a running interview with matt's nearest and dearest. i hope peter/spidey gets in there somewhere. spidey and dd's relationship long ago supplanted spidey and torch's as my fave spidey friendship, but in the post "brand new day" verse, there hasn't been much there. i'm also loving waid's current run on dd. transforming the spot, a powerful but utterly stupid villain, into the much more effective coyote, was nothing short of brilliant.
                      Waid's run so far is pretty cool as far as the relationship with spidey they may bring it in eventually but right now it's been really good story telling so I see no need to cross the series just yet but I hope they bring him in soon.

                      Comment


                      • anyone read asterios polyp? it's kind of awesome, great stoned reading, beautiful, interesting art. who knew dave was such a brainy guy? really good!



                        If we suddenly fall should I scream out
                        Or keep very quiet and cling to my mouth as I’m crying
                        So frightened of dying
                        Relax, yes, I’m trying
                        But fear's got a hold on me

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
                          anyone read asterios polyp? it's kind of awesome, great stoned reading, beautiful, interesting art. who knew dave was such a brainy guy? really good!

                          Nope I may check it out if you recommend it though!

                          I just bought the Ghost World series which I had read before but never owned, I really like Daniel Clowes and even the movie was pretty good! Everyone should check out his run on Eightball it's quite brilliant and funny.

                          Comment


                          • Has any one been reading Bedlam?

                            Story by Nick Spencer and Art by Riley Rossmo.

                            It's kick ass!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                              Has any one been reading Bedlam?

                              Story by Nick Spencer and Art by Riley Rossmo.

                              It's kick ass!
                              Can't say as I have! I will look on my weekly comic stop.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                                Can't say as I have! I will look on my weekly comic stop.
                                Its really interesting so far. It's about a "recovered" serial killer... and that's all I really want to say about it at this point. Really gruesome and dark.

                                Some of the best artwork I've seen in some time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X