Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Comic Book Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Its really interesting so far. It's about a "recovered" serial killer... and that's all I really want to say about it at this point. Really gruesome and dark.

    Some of the best artwork I've seen in some time.
    Going today to check it out!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      Has any one been reading Bedlam?

      Story by Nick Spencer and Art by Riley Rossmo.

      It's kick ass!
      Bought it over the weekend so far so good! You're right the Art is REALLY GOOD.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
        Bought it over the weekend so far so good! You're right the Art is REALLY GOOD.


        The story is moving a bit slow, but its building to something epic.

        My favorite parts of the art are when we see Madder Red in his full uniform/outfit whatever. The use of red and black with a more scratchy style to the backgrounds and objects make it seems very chaotic and intense.

        Pretty shocking in its violence as well!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post


          The story is moving a bit slow, but its building to something epic.

          My favorite parts of the art are when we see Madder Red in his full uniform/outfit whatever. The use of red and black with a more scratchy style to the backgrounds and objects make it seems very chaotic and intense.

          Pretty shocking in its violence as well!
          I bought the first 3 and I do have to say Madder is quite violent it's GOT GORE!!! When Fillmore isn't talking it's a bit draggy but found it funny if you caught the dark knight reference!

          All in all I will follow the story probably.

          Comment


          • These are pretty cool...

            Dark and Moody Superhero Silhouette Posters

            http://nerdapproved.com/misc-weirdne...-noir-posters/

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
              These are pretty cool...

              Dark and Moody Superhero Silhouette Posters

              http://nerdapproved.com/misc-weirdne...-noir-posters/
              Man of steel one was badass

              Comment


              • Just finished the first issue of Creepy magazine

                Comment


                • Still need to finish Batman: Death of the Family.
                  I really need to get caught up on The Walking Dead, missed a lot and have only read a bit of the Negan arc.
                  “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

                  Comment


                  • There's a new comic coming out called Skull and Shark that looks pretty good:

                    [YOUTUBE]NZgSpwPbEPQ[/YOUTUBE]
                    57 Hookers and Counting....

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                      I bought the first 3 and I do have to say Madder is quite violent it's GOT GORE!!! When Fillmore isn't talking it's a bit draggy but found it funny if you caught the dark knight reference!

                      All in all I will follow the story probably.
                      I just read issue 4 and

                      Its a fantastic story. Issue 5 is going to be epic. I feel its all been building to this so far.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Jinx View Post
                        Just finished the first issue of Creepy magazine


                        Comment


                        • They are killing off Robin yet again!!!!!

                          http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...5-72e8720076b2

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            They are killing off Robin yet again!!!!!

                            http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...5-72e8720076b2
                            Didn't they have a comic a few years back where he was the new Batman in the future and still fighting Professor Pyg?

                            I guess that's not considered canon.
                            57 Hookers and Counting....

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                              Didn't they have a comic a few years back where he was the new Batman in the future and still fighting Professor Pyg?

                              I guess that's not considered canon.
                              So many different crossovers! Dick Grayson becomes Nightwing and Jason Todd dies but is brought back to become the Red Hood

                              But yeah if I recall Dick becomes Batman in Batman & Robin

                              Damian Wayne is Bruces son he becomes Robin while Dick is Batman

                              Tim drake was the 3rd Robin who became the Red Robin

                              Stephanie Brown was spoiler who became Robin for I don't know how long pretty brief if I remember.

                              Then in the alternative universe it's EVEN MORE BATSHIT CRAZY!!!!!

                              I own way too many freaking comics.

                              Comment


                              • Superhero or Supervillain?

                                If science gives people superpowers, will they use them for good or evil?

                                http://mobile.slate.com/articles/tec..._them_for.html

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X