What Book Did You Last Buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
    Is the movie true to it? Which did you find better?
    Just bought it

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
      Mostly the movie follows the book. About the biggest difference is that Amy's narrative interweaves with Nick's right from the beginning, whereas in the film that only really happens halfway through. The ending was more fully realized in the novel - it felt like the film kinda rushed it. And Desi's role is bigger in the film.

Overall, I actually liked the novel more, but mostly because you get a fuller picture of what everyone is thinking, since they are narrating. Although, I did like better in the movie how you were left wondering whether or not Nick was guilty much longer.
      I've never been a book person, which is a shame because there's so many I'd love to give a chance. I'm literarily ignorant.

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
      Just bought it
      Fair enough.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
      2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
      3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
      4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
      5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
      6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
      7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
      8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
      9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
      10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
        I've never been a book person, which is a shame because there's so many I'd love to give a chance. I'm literarily ignorant.
        Flynn's writing isn't that deep or hard to grasp. The book is actually a fairly smooth, quick read.

Comment

• Comment

• A really funny read, was not the biggest Jericho fan growing up but this book and the podcast brought out a whole new found respect for him, he's now in my top five favorite wrestlers.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Books 1 thru 4 at the thrift shop.
                  jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

• jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

• Ordered this on amazon - looks and is reviewed as good, trashy b-movie style fun!
                      "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Comment

• Just ordered this

If it counts as a book...

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                          A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                          http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• DEADMAN'S ROAD by Joe R. Lansdale - it's a collection of stories featuring Lansdale's bad-ass preacher character, Reverend Jebediah Mercer. I LOVE me some 'Weird West'!

HUNTER by James Byron Huggins - Sylvester Stallone acquired the movie rights for this one some time back. Apparently, it's a straight-up, action / horror tale which reads like 'Rambo meets Predator' - SOLD! At one point, Sly was gonna use this book as the basis for the screenplay for RAMBO 5 - luckily, that didn't happen but it may come to pass as a separate movie. Either way, I'm looking forward to devouring this book!

"When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• My wife bought this for me at a used book store.

Comment

• Damn this book is good. I just wish it was longer
                                It's so good that I'm afraid anything I read after it is gonna suck in comparison.

Thanks GOD it's part 1 of a trilogy

Comment

Working...
                                X