What Book Did You Last Buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokenandtwisted View Post
    Am I the only person to find Koontz repetitive? Many of his writings follow the same structure. It is rather annoying, as stated.

Some of his newer books really surprised me. "Life Expantancy" is a really, really great book.

Comment

sigpic

Books $14.95-$16.95

Click Banner to be taken to Graveside Books

SAVE 20% OFF
      Coupon Code: SAV20

Excludes Magazines, and Grab Bag

Graveside Tales Myspace

Comment

Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
        Some of his newer books really surprised me. "Life Expantancy" is a really, really great book.
        I'll have to check it out, thanks.

Forward, not permanent, sweet, not lasting.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaCenobite View Post
          Odd Thomas by Dean Koonz. This was a amazing and powerful novel. Had me gripped the whole time and the ending just moved me. Very sad. I had never read Koonz before, i've always been a King fan. Will definitely be reading the sequel Forever Odd. I just might have to look into other Koonz novels. Any suggestions?

Also I would like to recommend a hilarious and brilliant work of art titled:

Youth In Revolt

Check out more info about it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Youth-Revolt-C...e=UTF8&s=books
          Wow, that's the book I came here to post about. It's the 3rd of a series and odd Thomas is such a greast character. I have read EVERY book by Dean Koontz. He has one hell of an imaginatin.

Comment

Got this beauty at Barnes & Noble...looks like a bible with it's Gold Pages.

Also this, and for anyone who has never tried a Lateral Thinking Puzzle, Google some and try to figure some out without cheating or looking at the answers.

Comment

just got a hold of The Physics of Buffyverse. really great read if you're into that show and science.
              http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&id=solanum

Comment

The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly. He writes incredibly violent mysteries with a supernatural edge to them. I was pissed when I heard he was writing a kind of fantsy/ fairy tale but is excellent. It has some excellent twists on classic fairy tales. The Red Riding Hood part is awesome. I would reccommend anything by him. Also everyone needs to check out F. Paul Wilson. The movie The Keep was based on one of his books. It is the start of the Adversary Cycle. What you need to read is the Repairman Jack series, The greatest character in fiction. King and Koontz are the presidents of the Repairman Jack fan club.

The series revolves around the adventures of a Manhattan-based "urban mercenary" who calls himself Repairman Jack. Jack is a man with no last name or legal status who makes his living "fixing" situations for people who cannot find help elsewhere. His work has not only led him into violent encounters with the criminal underworld, but also into the midst of a behind-the-scenes cosmic battle for Earth between two supernatural forces: one known as the Ally, which is benign towards humanity, and one as the Otherness, which is hostile towards it and generally considered "evil".- From Wikipedia

Comment

I recenlty bought all 20 1st editions of the Ravenloft Books off of eBAY

Last edited by Dale L. Murphy; 02-10-2007, 09:43 PM.
                  sigpic

Books $14.95-$16.95

Click Banner to be taken to Graveside Books

SAVE 20% OFF
                  Coupon Code: SAV20

Excludes Magazines, and Grab Bag

Graveside Tales Myspace

Comment

Medieval Underworld - Andrew McCall

Comment

Clive Barker's Books Of Blood Vol. 3.

Comment

Adventures of a Continental Drifter, by Elliott Hester

Ahh, a classic by relsh.

Comment

Anais Nin's 'Little Birds'

Comment

Put my preorder in for the last Harry Potter book coming out this summer.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

I think 'Tis by Frank McCourt was the last book I bought. I can't remember, though - I buy a lot of books.
                              A hobby should pass the time, not fill it.

Comment

The last book i bought was Incubus Dreams by Laurell K. Hamilton.
                                Its the 12 book in a growing series of fantasy/vampire hunter novels.

Comment

Working...
                                X