Richard Laymon anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Laymon anyone?

I just got finished reading the first laymon collection, The Beast house trilogy and I just LOVED it. there are not a lot of things around about laymon and so far I've read 4 of his novels, including The traveling vampire show, which is the one I started with. I really liked the style and the stories are great. I especially like how he doesn't hold back with the details . I can't get enough of him!
    Anyone else reads Laymon? Any suggestions? Any other authors like him?

I read Blood Games and a little of some other book. I didn't like it. A little too, I dunno, boring I guess. Lots of cliches and stuff. Just didn't turn my crank.

http://www.abumpinthenight.blogspot.com

Comment

I read one called Body Rides by him. It was the first of his i'd read and i thought it was pretty good. I've got a couple more but haven't gotten around to reading them yet.

Comment

I just finished The Woods Are Dark and it just might be my favorite Richard Laymon book yet. Reads just like a horror film. I would love to see a film adaption of this.

www.bloodwavedvd.com

Comment

I read the first of the Beast House series and it was pretty good.

I'm more of Brian Keene guy though.

Comment

Originally posted by ArgentoProdigy View Post

Have you read Keene's new one Castaways? It's based on the beasts from Laymon's Beast House. I though it was excellent.

www.bloodwavedvd.com

Comment

I'm a big fan of laymon and ironically I just got done reading Come out tonight which I though was a good read.

Comment

Come Out Tonight was the first one(and first horror book) I read.
                ive read:
                endless night-really good
                beware- really good
                darkness, tell us- really good
                funland-kinda felt like lost boys, without the vampires
                in the dark- way too long
                no sanctuary- good
                one rainy night- good
                quake- ive read like 150 pages or so, i read it was shocking and stuff, but its nothing special yet
                woods are dark- really good, like hills have eyes in the woods
                flesh- i read about 150 pages. I thought it was boring and it was hardly anything like it said it was about.

Comment

Omg have got all of his books ad they are so great!!! i found Amara especially good! so i suggest that one. i think he's brilliant and has a way of making me scared even when i read them during the day!
                  "My need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale cannot be corrected, but, ah, I have no other way to fulfill my needs." --Patrick Bateman, American Psycho

Comment

what an awesome writer.
                    i LOVE Night In the Lonesome October; everyone, read it!

"We're so precious, aren't we? Everyone's gotta live, everyone's gotta be happy. It's a joke. It's an absolute joke. Evan, that's what you didn't get. You think people are equal? They're not..
                    They're not."

Comment

i love laymon, i've read
                      night in the lonesome october
                      the traveling vampire show
                      come out tonight
                      endless night
                      no sanctuary
                      among the missing
                      the beast house books
                      the woods are dark
                      the island
                      into the fire

Comment

Originally posted by ArgentoProdigy View Post

i liked his zombie books, i also read the conquerer worms and hated it

Comment

I read anything I can get my hands on by Laymon. He is the shit. you should check out richardlaymonkills. Its got all his books and list writers with his style.

Comment

does any one know wot the latest book released from him is?? the latest one i got is the glory bus
                            help??
                            "My need to engage in homicidal behavior on a massive scale cannot be corrected, but, ah, I have no other way to fulfill my needs." --Patrick Bateman, American Psycho

Comment

Laymon's wife published his unreleased material (The Lake, To Wake the Dead AKA Amara, and Into the Fire AKA The Glory Bus) a few years ago, but I'm not sure if there are any others left. Atleast, I haven't heard anything about any "new" Laymon books coming out.

Anyway, I love Laymon. His books are quite addictive. My top five are:

1. Blood Games
                              2. Resurrection Dreams
                              3. Night in the Lonesome October
                              4. The Traveling Vampire Show
                              5. In the Dark

I like his vampire books because whether or not someone is a vampire usually exists in his character's mind. I'm reading The Stake right now, and I like that so far (though I'm still rather early into the book), the body found with the stake in it is only being thought up and fantasized as a vampire by his over-imaginative horror novelist protagonist.

Comment

Working...
                              X