Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HorrorHound Magazine

Originally posted by burnseason

Gorezone is a GREAT mag from the UK. I buy every issue at barnes and noble. i also really like fangoria and rue morgue. There are actually a few of the mags that i enjoy.
    Gorezone is a terrible magazine in my opinion. I haven't read it for a year or two, but it was always full of shocking typographical errors, features on bad movies, and interviews with people I couldn't care less about. Like I said though, that's just my opinion (the people behind the magazine are litigation-happy)

Comment

I was reading both Rue Morgue and Horrorhound, now just Horrorhound. Wish it was monthly.
      Rue Morgue has lost its edge recently.
      I also read Sight And Sounds
      sigpic

JOIN ME http://www.myspace.com/crawlerschaos
      www.facebook jamie creepycrawler dunn

"Either kill me, or like me as I am, because I'll be damned if I ever change..." Marquis de Sade

"You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character.." Anton Lavey

Comment

I love Horrorhound! I wish it was monthly too! I'll grab Rue Morgue or Fangoria from the stand at the store, but I subscribe to Horrorhound. It has a little bit of everything and is a fun and informative read.

Comment

Someone sent me the "City of the Living Dead" issue, I love their focus on 70's and 80's movies.

Comment

Me too! I enjoy the VHS retrospectives. I remember alot of the covers from our own horror aisle! I love revisiting the sites too!

Comment

I'm really diiging this mag better than Rue Morgue.
              Gore Zone is also a GREAT mag!
              sigpic
              Is going CRAZY!

Comment

i love the coverage they've been doing on VHS horror film companies and the videos they released, some of which got lost in the transition to dvd

Comment

Funny to come across this thread as I just bought #28 March/April issue today! It has Ghostface on the cover with a big Scream retrospective spread inside. Only the second issue I have bought though, the first was with Jason on the cover and contained a big Friday the 13th retrospective.

Comment

Originally posted by staindFAN View Post
                    Funny to come across this thread as I just bought #28 March/April issue today! It has Ghostface on the cover with a big Scream retrospective spread inside. Only the second issue I have bought though, the first was with Jason on the cover and contained a big Friday the 13th retrospective.
                    I picked the March/April 2011 issue up a few weeks ago, and I love it! I am a huge Scream fan, and I'm very excited for Scream 4. It was the first issue of HorrorHound that I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by staindFAN View Post
                      <---Like the avatar?

Comment

HorrorHound is very cool.

I also find the ezine Deadman's Tome to be pretty entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdeadman View Post

I also find the ezine Deadman's Tome to be pretty entertaining.
                          Just start a thread to Deadman's Tome instead of this passive aggresive nonsense already.
                          sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

Comment

Horror Hound is a damn good magazine and it has a great focus.

The only horror mag I really dislike now is Rue Morgue. Its gone way down hill since Jovanka left it. Speaking of Jovanka her book Zombies:an illustrated guide is a must have

Comment

Picked up the Scre4m issue today! Gonna have to hunt down some back issues to read.

Comment

Does anyone else find it funny (or noticed) that the past two issues of Fangoria are jocking HorrorHound in a crazy fucking way.

With their "retrospective" type pieces, their doll and toy ads. Looks like Fango has wised up and saw that Lord of the Rings does not deserve a cover.

I must say that the new Fango is great, though. Shelley Duvall interview, and the cover with the John Carpenter face is very cool. Maybe they've realized that they may have some competition.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Working...
                                X