No announcement yet.

HorrorHound Magazine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrorhound wipes the floor with Fangoria. I'd say HH's only real competition is Rue Morgue.

I didn't buy the latest issue though, not really a fan of Scream.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
      Horrorhound wipes the floor with Fangoria. I'd say HH's only real competition is Rue Morgue.

I agree. Fango has been downhill since the late 90's, but the 300th issue and the newest one I got were not half bad. Rue is hard to find around these parts. A couple of copies here and there but that's it.

Don't let the cover fool you because of the Ghostface bullshit, it's pretty solid. And I dislike Scream probably more than you.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Issue 29 sounds pretty damn kick ass.

From their forums:

"We are really happy with the new redesign of the magazine which we hope you will all enjoy also. There is a diverse collection of articles in the theme of our love for the year 1981, as well as our normal features and columns with a Howling Retrospective."

Comment

Actually Rue Morgue isn't competition for anyone anymore. The mag has gone to hell in a hand basket since Jovanka left it.

Piggy-backing off the attrociously bad A serbian Film to give there magizine more publicity was idiotic.

Comment

I really want to like this and Rue Morgue. The problem is that I can't see the point in spending money on information I can get for free online. Sure, they have articles written by good writers, but so does the internet. It is a shame that things are the way that they are in that aspect, but that's life.

I do enjoy the design of both HH and RM's website. I wish BD would have snatched the RM home page template. The icon we have and mess of a newspage is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by acp35 View Post
              Actually Rue Morgue isn't competition for anyone anymore. The mag has gone to hell in a hand basket since Jovanka left it.

Piggy-backing off the attrociously bad A serbian Film to give there magizine more publicity was idiotic.

The film was getting alot of buzz at the time and they covered it. I don't see the big deal in that.

It may have dropped off a little in quality, but it's still a damn fine Horror Magaziine IMO. And a hell of alot better than Fango.
              Last edited by travisbickle; 04-28-2011, 04:27 AM.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Horrorhound is a very informative and fun magazine for this genre, I've been picking up issues when I can and loving them. I should probably subscribe, can't always get out to search three different book stores to see which got a couple of copies.

To me it's more aesthetically pleasing and well written than Fangoria, and Rue Morge while here doesn't seem as on the ball as some people are making it out to be, still looks better than Fangoria though.

I'll try and pick the lastest issue up and any back issues they might have, then order a subscription.

Comment

The film was getting alot of buzz at the time and they covered it. I don't see the big deal in that.

It may have dropped off a little in quality, but it's still a damn fine Horror Magaziine IMO. And a hell of alot better than Fango.
                  Actually they pushed the film hard even going as far as hosting screenings of it. It just reeked of desperation.

I was pretty anti-fango for quite awhile but there quality has risen a 110% in the past few months.

Comment

Originally posted by acp35 View Post
                    I was pretty anti-fango for quite awhile but there quality has risen a 110% in the past few months.
                    Same here. I was pleasantly surpised, especially them showcasing Jack Hill and of course the aforementioned JC and Duvall interviews.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

Originally posted by AYO?! View Post
                      Horrorhound is a very informative and fun magazine for this genre, I've been picking up issues when I can and loving them. I should probably subscribe, can't always get out to search three different book stores to see which got a couple of copies.

To me it's more aesthetically pleasing and well written than Fangoria, and Rue Morge while here doesn't seem as on the ball as some people are making it out to be, still looks better than Fangoria though.

I'll try and pick the lastest issue up and any back issues they might have, then order a subscription.
                      Im glad I subscibed at around issue 10, along with the back issues. At least half of the ones then are very rare and sold out quick.

Comment

Just took the plunge and started my subscription! This will be the first Horror magazine I have ever subscribed to. I think I made the right decision!

Comment

Originally posted by pumkinheadfan View Post
                          Just took the plunge and started my subscription! This will be the first Horror magazine I have ever subscribed to. I think I made the right decision!
                          Years ago, I was tempted to get Fangoria as I would read it at the mall or Borders(along with EGM or some other video game magazine). Id really only read them for news, etc. Now with the internet, its completely changed. I only subscribe to horrorhound and american curves, since theyre magazines that I go back to multiple times.

Comment

New issue looks beastly...

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

Originally posted by pumkinheadfan View Post
                              You did! I've been a subscriber for nearly two years and I love it!

Comment

Issue 30 is pretty good. Awful cover though..

Comment

Working...
                                X