It's got a great section of old VHS box art. Those sure do take me back to when I was a kid and take quick peeks in the horror section at the video store. I wasn't allowed to so whenever my mom wasn't watching I tried to peek.
Been reading HH for about two years now. Love it. I havent been able to get into Fangoria for many years now, and i was enjoying Rue Morgue right up until Jovanka left....a lot of that mags flavor left with her, imo.
Horror Hound seems like it is put together by serious hard core horror fans with a genuine love of the genre. There's just a passion there that seems to be missing from the other two big horror mags. I often wish HH would go monthly as well, but on the other hand im usually chomping at the bit to read it after thattwo month wait, lol...
This mag is wicked awesome, I can't wait till #40 comes out with a special on the Evil Dead remake which will have interviews with Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi!
Razorghosts 2015 AGD
1. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) - James Gunn
2. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
3. Starship Troopers (1997) - Paul Verhoeven
4. Blade Runner (1982) - Ridley Scott
5. Europa Report (2013) - Sebastian Cordero
6. Porky's (1982) - Bob Clark
7. Swingers (1996) - Doug Liman
8. The Running Man (1987) - Paul Michael Glaser
9. Weekend at Bernies (1989) - Ted Kotcheff
10. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010) - Eli Craig
I love Horrorhound; I bought an issue on a whim at the local bookstore a couple of years ago and have been subscribing ever since. I love that it has a little bit of everything in there, and the enthusiasm of everyone involved is evident in every article!
I agree with the consensus that HorrorHound is nice little magazine to check out. I've been reading since The Thing retrospective issue, and have enjoyed subsequent issues to varying degrees ever since.
Looking forward to that Christine retrospective for sure!