Connect with us

TV

“Black Mirror” Season 6 Episode Titles and Plot Descriptions Revealed

Published

on

Expect the unexpected. Netflix recently announced “Black Mirror” Season 6 will premiere this coming June, and now all five of the Season 6 episode titles have been revealed.

The “Black Mirror” Season 6 episode titles were revealed by an official announcement video today (below), while Entertainment Weekly provides us with plot descriptions.

Here’s the full rundown…

• Joan is Awful

“The story of an average woman who is stunned to discover a global streaming platform has launched a prestige TV drama adaptation of her life, in which she is portrayed by Hollywood A-lister Salma Hayek. In addition to Hayek, the episode stars Annie Murphy, Michael Cera, Rob Delaney, Ben Barnes, and Himesh Patel. The episode’s directed by Ally Pankiw.”

• Loch Henry

“A young couple travel to a sleepy Scottish town to work on a genteel nature documentary but find themselves drawn to a juicy local story involving shocking events from the past. It stars Samuel Blenkin, Myha’la Herrold, Daniel Portman, John Hannah, and Monica Dolan.”

• Beyond the Sea

“Takes place in an alternate 1969, where two men on a perilous high-tech mission wrestle with the consequences of an unimaginable tragedy. Directed by John Crowley, it stars Aaron Paul, Josh Hartnett, Kate Mara, Auden Thornton, and Rory Culkin.”

• Mazey Day

“Directed by Uta Briesewitz, a troubled starlet is dogged by invasive paparazzi while dealing with the consequences of a hit-and-run incident. It stars Zazie Beetz, Clara Rugaard, and Danny Ramirez.”

• Demon 79

“Takes place in northern England in 1979, where a meek sales assistant is told she must commit terrible acts to prevent disaster. It stars Anjana Vasan, Paapa Essiedu, Katherine Rose Morley, and David Shields. It’s directed by Toby Haynes.”

Head over to Entertainment Weekly for images and more information.

The logline previews, “Expect the unexpected in the long-awaited return of Charlie Brooker’s dark, satirical anthology series, which reinvents itself with each new episode. The sixth season of Black Mirror is the most unpredictable, unclassifiable and unexpected yet.”

Creator Charlie Brooker teases, “Partly as a challenge, and partly to keep things fresh for both me and the viewer, I began this season by deliberately upending some of my own core assumptions about what to expect. Consequently, this time, alongside some of the more familiar Black Mirror tropes we’ve also got a few new elements, including some I’ve previously sworn blind the show would never do, to stretch the parameters of what ‘a Black Mirror episode’ even is.”

“The stories are all still tonally Black Mirror through-and-through — but with some crazy swings and more variety than ever before,” Brooker adds in today’s statement.

The cast includes: Aaron Paul, Anjana Vasan, Annie Murphy, Auden Thornton, Ben Barnes, Clara Rugaard, Daniel Portman, Danny Ramirez, Himesh Patel, John Hannah, Josh Hartnett, Kate Mara, Michael Cera, Monica Dolan, Myha’la Herrold, Paapa Essiedu, Rob Delaney, Rory Culkin, Salma Hayek Pinault, Samuel Blenkin, and Zazie Beetz.

“Black Mirror” is an anthology series that taps into our collective unease with the modern world, with each stand-alone episode a sharp, suspenseful tale exploring themes of contemporary techno-paranoia leading to an unforgettable – and sometimes unsettling – conclusion. Without questioning it, technology has transformed all aspects of our lives; in every home; on every desk; in every palm – a plasma screen; a monitor; a Smartphone – a Black Mirror reflecting our 21st Century existence back at us.

The hit series premiered in 2011, a sort of “Twilight Zone” for the modern day.

Writer in the horror community since 2008. Editor in Chief of Bloody Disgusting. Owns Eli Roth's prop corpse from Piranha 3D. Has four awesome cats. Still plays with toys.

TV

“I’m the Grim Reaper” – Sam Raimi Teams with ’10 Cloverfield Lane’ Writers on Gory, Funny Webtoon Adaptation

Published

on

I'm the Grim Reaper

The Wattpad/Webtoons and Grave Weaver-created series “I’m the Grim Reaper” is nearing its 200th episode, and it’s also getting a new TV series adaptation with talented names behind it. Deadline reports that celebrated filmmaker Sam Raimi is teaming up with 10 Cloverfield Lane scribes Josh Campbell & Matt Stuecken on the new series.

The series follows “Scarlet, a young woman who wakes up in the ninth circle of hell with no idea how she got there. Satan offers to send Scarlet back to Earth if she’ll work as his reaper. But it doesn’t take long for Scarlet to realize that Satan’s offer is even worse than she feared.”

The story is said to fit perfectly into “Raimi’s wheelhouse, striking a deft balance between scares, gore and humor.”

Sam Raimi and Zainab Azizi will executive produce the series with Weaver, who’ll also team on the development process. Raimi may be most known for his Spider-Man and Evil Dead movies, but the filmmaker has been busy behind the scenes producing. More recently, Raimi produced this week’s action brawler Boy Kills World and last year’s 65, with Don’t Move on the way.

The “I’m the Grim Reaper” webtoon launched in 2019, delving into the humor and horrors of reaping souls in Hell. That it’s on the cusp of airing its 200th episode means no shortage of story and mythology for Campbell and Stuecken to pull from.

Stay tuned for additional details on this new series as they arrive.

Continue Reading