Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most shocking and disturbing books you've ever read?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossy View Post
    The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosiński has got some pretty intense shit in it.
    I've been wanting to check that out for a while now.

Comment

Perhaps the most disturbing book on earth is the COLOUR ATLAS OF FORENSIC PATHOLOGY (1975) You can view all the photos of suicides and murders and the scalpels cutting in, all fine. Then comes the pictures of mutilated and rotted children and babies. That really twists your stomach.
      sigpic

JOIN ME http://www.myspace.com/crawlerschaos
      www.facebook jamie creepycrawler dunn

"Either kill me, or like me as I am, because I'll be damned if I ever change..." Marquis de Sade

"You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character.." Anton Lavey

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Crawler View Post
        Perhaps the most disturbing book on earth is the COLOUR ATLAS OF FORENSIC PATHOLOGY (1975) You can view all the photos of suicides and murders and the scalpels cutting in, all fine. Then comes the pictures of mutilated and rotted children and babies. That really twists your stomach.
        I saw some stuff like that on Youtube when it first started before the flagging and removal of videos became common, horrible stuff.

1975? Will it still be in print? Do you have a copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
          I saw some stuff like that on Youtube when it first started before the flagging and removal of videos became common, horrible stuff.

1975? Will it still be in print? Do you have a copy?
          I've just checked Amazon, there's what appears to be updated versions, one from 1999, but going for stupid prices. The 1975 one is "unavailable". I haven't checked ebay yet.
          Yeah, I've got a copy.
          sigpic

JOIN ME http://www.myspace.com/crawlerschaos
          www.facebook jamie creepycrawler dunn

"Either kill me, or like me as I am, because I'll be damned if I ever change..." Marquis de Sade

"You cannot love everyone; it is ridiculous to think you can. If you love everyone and everything you lose your natural powers of selection and wind up being a pretty poor judge of character.." Anton Lavey

Comment

Originally posted by Creepy Crawler View Post
            I've just checked Amazon, there's what appears to be updated versions, one from 1999, but going for stupid prices. The 1975 one is "unavailable". I haven't checked ebay yet.
            Yeah, I've got a copy.
            Yeah, those Amazon prices are way too much, they don't even have any customer reviews. Luckily, there are other avenues to explore, and i'm aquiring my own copy as i type. To be honest with ya, i'm dreading looking at this; 780 pics! It's gonna be an endurance test.

Comment

Edward Lee is freaky...I don't know if I'll read him again.

Comment

I thought I've read some fucked up shit, this thread makes me feel like a dainty virgin. I've got some reading to do!

Comment

I can't decide between the serial killer books and the rock biographies!
                  sigpic
                  Dr.Loomis:"Does anybody live here?"
                  Sheriff Brackett:"No,not since 1963 when it happened-every kid in Haddonfield thinks this place is haunted."
                  Dr.Loomis:"THEY MAY BE RIGHT."

Comment

Originally posted by prettyscary View Post
                    Edward Lee is freaky...I don't know if I'll read him again.
                    Yeah, i recently read You Are My Everything by Lee. Not his sickest, but well worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Philhfc View Post
                      Last but not least we have Pure by Peter Sotos. Pure was a short-lived magazine that ran for two issues before its author/editor was thrown in jail.
                      That magazine is nasty. I have the scans of them on my computer. There's an article on child murder which made me feel sick to my stomach. I remember the cover of one of them was a decomposing dick with sperm dripping off the end, and an article on Lucas and Toole that with sentences like 'they threw the dead bitch in the river' and 'he fucked the old cunt just before she died'. Nothing can shock me after reading those articles (and seeing those crime scene photos).

Comment

The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosinski - a vital piece of literature, a disturbing piece of literature. Whoever wrote it.

Bleeding The Orchid by Aidan Lord - castration, terrorism, public desecration of corpses - very fucking nuts.

The Menstruating Mall by Carlton Mellick III - didn't really like this, but it quite succinctly answers the question of the thread.
                        Ready when you are, Sergeant Pembry....

Comment

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis is the only one that comes to mind...
                          I remember reading it in high school and grossing my classmates out by having them read certain parts.

Comment

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk is by far the most disturbing book I have ever read. Especially the stories "Guts" and "Exodus." American Psycho was pretty nuts too.
                            Follow my blog: http://nativeaudiogrrrl.blogspot.com

"You....make man....like me?"
                            "No....woman."

Comment

I have a book on Arthur Shawcross that came with a tape of his police confession. That was pretty messed up what he did. I also have a book of short stories called Sex Crimes that a guy I know illustrated that's really sick.

Comment

Girl next door for sure.

You said everything would work out just fine, i just went crazy, But i'm better now, having a good time, being Selfish and Drunken and Vulgar and Lazy

Comment

Working...
                                X