What books have re-read several times?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Mark View Post
    Though I cannot fathom any of your other choices* I would say that Dracula is well worth revisiting. I sometimes just dip in and read a random chapter.

*With the exception of Sleepy Hollow which I have on my Kindle but have yet to read.
    Sleepy Hollow is a story I've loved since childhood, and it's not thick at all so it shouldn't take you long to read it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Dracula. And on a side note, not that you care lol, but I think it's pretty cool that Dracula begins on my birthday.

I've also considered re-reading The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It really is amazing, and is probably my favorite work of modern literature. It's just that the first time I read it, these books consumed three months of my life. Not sure I have the time for that again.

Comment

Off the top of my head...
      Neuromancer by William Gibson, 1984 by George Orwell, A Song of Ice and Fire series by George RR Martin (excluding the one that came out a few months ago), about 15 Stephen King books (including Dark Tower series), Dune by Frank Herbert, The Road by Cormac McCarthy. Not to mention all those cheesy Dragonlance books, I read the shit out of those as a kid. Doubt I'd like them now.

I'm also in the process of re-reading Swan Song by Robert McCammon.

Comment

Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas by Hunter S.Thompson

Comment

I just finished Ketchum"s The Girl Next Door, every time I read this damn book, it bitch slaps me, yet I have come back for more.
          sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

Comment

I've read Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)'s autobiography, "Mustaine," twice already.
            Check out my reviews of B-Movies, CDs, and other geeky nonsense at HubPages! http://fatfreddyscat.hubpages.com/

Comment

H.P. Lovecraft and Rex Miller.

Comment

Last Dinner on the Titanic

I am both a Titanic enthusiast, and a foodie. So this book is on the shelf, but never for long

BATH TIME BATHORY-STYLE!

Comment

I've read most of Faulkern's novels at least twice.

I think I've read Cormac McCarthy's No Country for Old Men three times.

Donna Tartt's The Little Friend four times.

Read Gravity's Rainbow four times but have never completed it, though I get one hundred or so pages further each time.

Comment

I just recently re read Jack Ketchums Off Season and Poppy Z. Brite's Exquisite Corpse. I'm sure I'll revisit Ketchums savage Maine coast,but that will probley be the last time Icheck up with Brite's serial killers.
                    sigpicMy , What big teeth you have.

Comment

Im currently reading "Immortal" by Traci L Slatton a second time

Read "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers twice already. Once in softback and once on my kindle.

Her books are amazing to read... her "Mark of the Lion" books are tremendous .. I could read them again and not get old of it...

Life and death are one thread, the same line viewed from different sides.

Comment

Read most Philip K. Dick, Stephen King and Arthur C Clarke novels several times and I've read 1984 about 20 times.

Comment

I've been rereading Clive Barker's Books of Blood all the time Always tend to spot something I didn't notice or think about something else in a different way.

Comment

A Clockwork Orange. Gets better with each read.

Comment

l've read the six Dune books by Frank Herbert twice and plan on starting again pretty soon, whenever l get done with Martin's Song of Ice and Fire series.

Comment

Hatchet - I used to read this one several times a year.

Comment

Working...
                                X