No announcement yet.

What books have re-read several times?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIRST BLOOD by David Morrell - my all-time favourite book.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post
      FIRST BLOOD by David Morrell - my all-time favourite book.
      I read that for the first time about a year ago, good book

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
        I read that for the first time about a year ago, good book
        That's cool, Mr. Bill! Because of my obsession with FIRST BLOOD (and by enlarge, all four RAMBO films), I have three editions of the paperback novel. The book is very different to the film but still an amazing read. If you ever get the chance, check out David Morrell's novelizations of RAMBO: FIRST BLOOD PART II and RAMBO III; they add a lot more depth to the stories, including loads of stuff that was probably in the original screenplays that never made it into the films.

Comment

• I'm reading Charles Dickins' A Christmas Carol for the first time in several years.

Originally posted by Bill Carson View Post
          FIRST BLOOD by David Morrell - my all-time favourite book.
          David Morrell is my favourite author. I picked up a First Blood 1st Edition a few years back. It turned out to be a book club edition.

Comment

• Originally posted by gwally View Post
            I'm reading Charles Dickins' A Christmas Carol for the first time in several years.

David Morrell is my favourite author. I picked up a First Blood 1st Edition a few years back. It turned out to be a book club edition.
            You're a lucky guy, gwally!

Another book I have re-read many times is Michael Crichton's JURASSIC PARK. One of those rare occasions wherein both the film and the book are just fantastic.

Comment

• As soon I'm finish with American Gods, I'm rereading The Child Thief by Brom. It's a very dark interpretation of Peter Pan. I highly recommend it if you're into dark fantasy.

Comment

Working...
              X