Comic Book Covers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• btw, is anyone else reading this utterly incredible comic?

2015 all-genre draft
      1. hero at large (1980)
      2. mystery men (1999)
      3. super (2010)
      4. the return of swamp thing (1989)
      5. batman returns (1992)
      6, spider-man strikes back (197
      7. the specials (2000)
      8. darkman (1990)
      9. supergirl (1984)
      10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
        btw, is anyone else reading this utterly incredible comic?
        It's the only Archie title I've ever been interested in reading. The Francesco Francavilla artwork is incredible. I really enjoyed is covers for Doctor Who Prisoners of Time.

"It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

• and sorry about fucking up the vampire theme. allow me to make amends...

2015 all-genre draft
          1. hero at large (1980)
          2. mystery men (1999)
          3. super (2010)
          5. batman returns (1992)
          7. the specials (2000)
          8. darkman (1990)
          9. supergirl (1984)
          10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Originally posted by Art School Dropout View Post
            It's the only Archie title I've ever been interested in reading. The Francesco Francavilla artwork is incredible. I really enjoyed is covers for Doctor Who Prisoners of Time.
            i first became aware of his work with swamp thing (vol. new 52) #10. i met him at baltimore comic-con last year, and he was, of course, totally pleasant.

2015 all-genre draft
            1. hero at large (1980)
            2. mystery men (1999)
            3. super (2010)
            5. batman returns (1992)
            7. the specials (2000)
            8. darkman (1990)
            9. supergirl (1984)
            10. defendor (2009)

Comment

• Alex Garner's cover art for Batgirl has been really outstanding.

Originally posted by nancylives! View Post
              i first became aware of his work with swamp thing (vol. new 52) #10. i met him at baltimore comic-con last year, and he was, of course, totally pleasant.

The new 52 Swamp Thing has been pretty good except for the Rotwworld crossover.
              "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

Comment

The Francesco Francavilla artwork is incredible. I really enjoyed is covers for Doctor Who Prisoners of Time.

Is this any good? Been thinking about picking up the hardcover.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
                    Is this any good? Been thinking about picking up the hardcover.
                    I thought it was fun as well as a nice celebration of the Doctor's 50th anniversary. Scott and David Tipton did a good job capturing each Doctor's voice as well as his companions.

Comment

I thought it was fun as well as a nice celebration of the Doctor's 50th anniversary. Scott and David Tipton did a good job capturing each Doctor's voice as well as his companions.
                      Gah, alright I'm going to order it. Thanks.

Comment

• Speaking of Swamp Thing the Jesus Saiz covers for the current run have been really cool.

Comment

T
                          That's my favorite issue of EC horror, and one of my favorite covers.

Also love the issue with the Lower Berth tale

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• DC Celebrates Halloween with Horror-Themed Variant Covers.

Action Comics #35 by Neal Adams

Aquaman #35 by Mark Nelson

Batman and Robin #35 by Chris Burnham

Justice League #35 by Rafael Albuquerque

Superman #35 by Jason Pearson

Wonder Woman #35 by Aaron Lopresti

Comment

• The old Eerie Publications horror comics of my youth:

Comment

Working...
                                X