Metal Gear Solid series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Death Bed View Post
    As well it should have. So you have a Gamecube too, huh? You ever play Eternal Darkness? Given your screen name you should love it. I know I did.
    It's tied along with Killer 7 as my favorite video game of all time. The game is absolutely brilliant and my words cannot do it justice, I've beaten it five times and I'm on my sixth run through. Silicone Knights knows how to make an amazing game. I wouldn't trade my Gamecube for anything.

Comment

Awesome! Glad to meet another ED fan, as well as a Killer 7 fan! Did you ever play the original Blood Omen for the PlayStation? Silcon Knights made it.....Eternal Darkness reminded me a lot of it, with the attention to the storyline, the great atmosphere, the music, and the dungeon hacking.

I really hate to say this but I traded in my copy of Eternal Darkness a couple years ago. I need to get it again. I really loved the World War 1 level in the church, that was amazing. I'm so hoping that they will eventualylu come out with a sequel.

Comment

That's been rumored for YEARS now. At one point there was rumors Uwe Boll was going to fuck it up but thankfully that didn't happen. Hopefully they'll just leave it alone. It's cinematic in it's storytelling, but it is VERY much a video game. It should stay that way.
        Here is a direct quote from Hideo Kojima concerning this particular subject:

"Absolutely not! I don't know why Uwe Boll is even talking about this kind of thing. We've never talked to him. It's impossible that we'd ever do a movie with him."

Awesome! Glad to meet another ED fan, as well as a Killer 7 fan! Did you ever play the original Blood Omen for the PlayStation? Silcon Knights made it.....Eternal Darkness reminded me a lot of it, with the attention to the storyline, the great atmosphere, the music, and the dungeon hacking.

I really hate to say this but I traded in my copy of Eternal Darkness a couple years ago. I need to get it again. I really loved the World War 1 level in the church, that was amazing. I'm so hoping that they will eventualylu come out with a sequel.
        I believe I played a demo, but never the full game.

I was lucky enough to find a brand new wrapped copy even after the game had been discontinued. Concerning a ED sequel, in an interview the Silicon Knights president said that the only answer to give about a sequel is "absolutely yes." There WILL be an upcoming sequel.

Comment

I love the MGS series. I believe I was in the sixth grade when I played MGS 1. It being re-released on the Game Cube was the reason I bought one, and Snake Eater is one of my favorite games on the PS2.

Comment

Isn't MGS 4 suppose to come out in March? I gotta reserve my copy soon.
            [XBOXLIVE]AOD Slasher 911[/XBOXLIVE]
            Playstation 3 Online ID: Stingray911

When the bullet hits the bone...

Game Of The Year=Metal Gear Solid 4

Comment

I need to get a copy of The Twin Snakes.

Has anyone seen the new PS3 commercial where they show some of MGS 4? It looks awesome! Solid Snake is sporting some sorta cybernetic eyepatch in it and he is looking like Big Boss more and more.

Comment

I really hope it will have a fitting end to the series. It looks awesome though from the videos i've seen. Still, its going to be nearly impossible for it to top Snake Eater for me.

Comment

I think Solid Snake is going to die in it, since he is deteriorating.

Comment

You kill off Solid Snake, you pretty much kill the franchise.

Comment

There can be another Snake I'm sure. They could always work out that another one of the Les Enfant Terrible project lived.

Raiden looks to be pretty cool in this game as well. A lot more edgier with cybernetic upgrades. I really need to play the second one again. I've been playing the third one for about a month now. I'm trying to play it currently with getting No Alerts and No kills..... very frustrating....

Ocelot RULES in that game though.

Comment

I try not to play MGS 3 too often. I end up getting completely sucked in and do absolutely nothing for 3-4 days straight except play that game. Its perfection.

Comment

I completely understand that! I want to get the stealth camo so I can turn the game into a Predator simulation.

Comment

I need to get a copy of The Twin Snakes.

Has anyone seen the new PS3 commercial where they show some of MGS 4? It looks awesome! Solid Snake is sporting some sorta cybernetic eyepatch in it and he is looking like Big Boss more and more.
                            Have you seen the video of Raiden fighting Vamp?? its pretty sick
                            Mr.BrianBoitano?

Comment

I haven't seen it. I read a bit about it though! I'll have to search on youtube and find it.

Comment

http://www.metalgearsolid.org/

That's a GREAT site for fans of the series. Some of the articles up there are amazing.

Comment

Working...
                                X