Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Sounds like a winner.

Why they even bother making games like this anymore I will never know. The only people this will appeal to are hardcore fans who want to feel like they are in the movie for 5 hours worth of gameplay. Once that initial feeling wears off and they are out $60, their thoughts are gonna be a bit different.

Not hating on the Alien fans here, I'm just being rational. There hasn't been a good movie tie in game since Goldeneye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post

Why they even bother making games like this anymore I will never know. The only people this will appeal to are hardcore fans who want to feel like they are in the movie for 5 hours worth of gameplay. Once that initial feeling wears off and they are out $60, their thoughts are gonna be a bit different.

Not hating on the Alien fans here, I'm just being rational. There hasn't been a good movie tie in game since Goldeneye.
      Agreed. However, the Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago was simply stellar and basically what anyone could have asked for in a Ghostbusters 3 movie.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
        Agreed. However, the Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago was simply stellar and basically what anyone could have asked for in a Ghostbusters 3 movie.
        Agreed it's one of my favorite games of this generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
          I've actually been wanting to pick that one up for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
            Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was shockingly good. One of those super rare occourances where they took a shitty movie, and made a great game out of it.

That's about all I can think of though. Never played the Ghostbusters game.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]3z2qVebxlUo[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was shockingly good. One of those super rare occourances where they took a shitty movie, and made a great game out of it.

Yup, that was a good game. I only played it for the first time about a year ago. I actually really like the Riddick character. Pitch Black was great but Chronicles was bad. I hope the new one doesn't suck.

Comment

• Honestly, from what I've seen of the game (videos and all) it never really looked all that impressive to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sucks.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                    There's really no excuse for sub-par graphics and gameplay in this day and age.

I couldn't care less about graphics. I'd rather a shitty looking game that was fun and well done, to a game that looks stunning but is ass water.

Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                    Not every developer puts an emphasis on graphics. If a game plays well, and is fun, that's all that should matter. Until Virtual Reality hits the masses, graphics should be the least of your concern.

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                    Graphics are not the most important thing I agree but this game doesn't even have good gameplay from what I have read.
                    Gameplay isn't really that bad, I mean, it just feels 'limited'. I for one love pretty much everything about it, nor have I had any bugs or glitches apart from a WY Solider teleporting a whole inch. I'm having a blast playing it.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Just beat it tonight.
                      [SPOILER]The Good:
                      • Sound effects were pretty good.
                      • Always great to return to Hadley's Hope/ LV-426
                      • Legendary Weapons are a nice touch.
                      • Love the various nods to Aliens.
                      • Killing Xeno's is damn good fun.
                      The Bad:
                      • Dragged on a bit at times.
                      • Terrible dialogue/voice acting. O'Neal & Bella are just ugh..
                      • WAY TOO MANY Yutani Soldiers, whole levels were dedicated to them at times it seemed.
                      • Idiotic A.I., two boiler Xeno's saw me running around and chased me but never exploded but followed me around.
                      • Ultimate Bad-Ass? Should have been called Ultimate Pain-in-the-Ass. Yutani soldiers have the accuracy of Hawkeye. At times I exploded seemingly out of nowhere when the Mercs were in cover not shooting.
                      • One of the worst final boss fights you'll ever play in a video game.
                      • Facehuggers are incredibly annoying in the Derelict ship.
                      • Not a graphics hound guy by any means necessary but it did look pretty rough at times.
                      • I've never noticed screen tearing before until I played this, it's everywhere. Audio didn't match up with the characters lips at times either and was off by half a second.
                      [/SPOILER]
                      Wish this game had flares like AVP '10, would have preferred them over the flashlight. It's not the worst game ever but it really could have been better, I don't know but maybe a bit more polish and time would have helped a lot. I'd give it a 5/10.
                      “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

I loved this one:

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                          I loved this one:

I never played that but do remember seeing videos about how even if your squadmates tested for being human they'll still turn into Things one way or another. A Thing game this console gen/next gen would be pretty good if done right.
                          “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• The Thing game is sad to say horribly outdated. Not that i didn't enjoy it back in the day, I did. Its just if you pop it in now days you better be wearing some thick nostalgia goggles.

I think the Thing would be pretty perfect for a Telltale Walking Dead style game. Your actions effect how other people see you or who may or may not be the thing. It seems to fit in my eyes.

Comment

• Never could get into The Thing game. Could never really play it for more than 2 hours, then I'd never pick it up again. I tried it a few times but it just didn't seem to gel.
                              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Since this game is sure to be $19.99 in the near future, the real questions begs whether A:CM or RE6 is purchased.

Comment

Working...
                                X