Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Sounds like a winner.

Why they even bother making games like this anymore I will never know. The only people this will appeal to are hardcore fans who want to feel like they are in the movie for 5 hours worth of gameplay. Once that initial feeling wears off and they are out $60, their thoughts are gonna be a bit different.

Not hating on the Alien fans here, I'm just being rational. There hasn't been a good movie tie in game since Goldeneye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post

Why they even bother making games like this anymore I will never know. The only people this will appeal to are hardcore fans who want to feel like they are in the movie for 5 hours worth of gameplay. Once that initial feeling wears off and they are out $60, their thoughts are gonna be a bit different.

Not hating on the Alien fans here, I'm just being rational. There hasn't been a good movie tie in game since Goldeneye.
      Agreed. However, the Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago was simply stellar and basically what anyone could have asked for in a Ghostbusters 3 movie.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
        Agreed. However, the Ghostbusters game that came out a few years ago was simply stellar and basically what anyone could have asked for in a Ghostbusters 3 movie.
        Agreed it's one of my favorite games of this generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
          I've actually been wanting to pick that one up for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
            Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was shockingly good. One of those super rare occourances where they took a shitty movie, and made a great game out of it.

That's about all I can think of though. Never played the Ghostbusters game.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]3z2qVebxlUo[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Chronicles Of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was shockingly good. One of those super rare occourances where they took a shitty movie, and made a great game out of it.

Yup, that was a good game. I only played it for the first time about a year ago. I actually really like the Riddick character. Pitch Black was great but Chronicles was bad. I hope the new one doesn't suck.

Comment

• Honestly, from what I've seen of the game (videos and all) it never really looked all that impressive to me.

I wouldn't be surprised if it sucks.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                    There's really no excuse for sub-par graphics and gameplay in this day and age.

I couldn't care less about graphics. I'd rather a shitty looking game that was fun and well done, to a game that looks stunning but is ass water.

Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                    Not every developer puts an emphasis on graphics. If a game plays well, and is fun, that's all that should matter. Until Virtual Reality hits the masses, graphics should be the least of your concern.

Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                    Graphics are not the most important thing I agree but this game doesn't even have good gameplay from what I have read.
                    Gameplay isn't really that bad, I mean, it just feels 'limited'. I for one love pretty much everything about it, nor have I had any bugs or glitches apart from a WY Solider teleporting a whole inch. I'm having a blast playing it.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                    Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                    My little idiot..

Comment

• Just beat it tonight.
                      [SPOILER]The Good:
                      • Sound effects were pretty good.
                      • Always great to return to Hadley's Hope/ LV-426
                      • Legendary Weapons are a nice touch.
                      • Love the various nods to Aliens.
                      • Killing Xeno's is damn good fun.
                      The Bad:
                      • Dragged on a bit at times.
                      • Terrible dialogue/voice acting. O'Neal & Bella are just ugh..
                      • WAY TOO MANY Yutani Soldiers, whole levels were dedicated to them at times it seemed.
                      • Idiotic A.I., two boiler Xeno's saw me running around and chased me but never exploded but followed me around.
                      • Ultimate Bad-Ass? Should have been called Ultimate Pain-in-the-Ass. Yutani soldiers have the accuracy of Hawkeye. At times I exploded seemingly out of nowhere when the Mercs were in cover not shooting.
                      • One of the worst final boss fights you'll ever play in a video game.
                      • Facehuggers are incredibly annoying in the Derelict ship.
                      • Not a graphics hound guy by any means necessary but it did look pretty rough at times.
                      • I've never noticed screen tearing before until I played this, it's everywhere. Audio didn't match up with the characters lips at times either and was off by half a second.
                      [/SPOILER]
                      Wish this game had flares like AVP '10, would have preferred them over the flashlight. It's not the worst game ever but it really could have been better, I don't know but maybe a bit more polish and time would have helped a lot. I'd give it a 5/10.
                      “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

I loved this one:

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                          I loved this one:

I never played that but do remember seeing videos about how even if your squadmates tested for being human they'll still turn into Things one way or another. A Thing game this console gen/next gen would be pretty good if done right.
                          “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• The Thing game is sad to say horribly outdated. Not that i didn't enjoy it back in the day, I did. Its just if you pop it in now days you better be wearing some thick nostalgia goggles.

I think the Thing would be pretty perfect for a Telltale Walking Dead style game. Your actions effect how other people see you or who may or may not be the thing. It seems to fit in my eyes.

Comment

• Never could get into The Thing game. Could never really play it for more than 2 hours, then I'd never pick it up again. I tried it a few times but it just didn't seem to gel.
                              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                              Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                              My little idiot..

Comment

• Since this game is sure to be $19.99 in the near future, the real questions begs whether A:CM or RE6 is purchased.

Comment

Working...
                                X