Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy Rain PS3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Heavy Rain PS3




    Heavy Rain is a cinematic and evolving thriller from Quantic Dream, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Fahrenheit. Dealing with a range of adult themes, the game revolves around a sophisticated plot and strong narrative threads that explore a complex moral proposition. You assume the role of multiple characters, with very different backgrounds, motivations and skills, in a world shaped by Bending Storylines - a dynamic narrative design where your actions and decisions will shape your story.

    Genre: Adventure

    Exclusively on PlayStation 3
    Release Date: December 31, 2009



    I know barely anyone here even owns a PS3, and I know this game won’t be for everyone, but I am totally down. Who hasn't wanted to play a movie? Literally make decisions and watch the game unfold at that pace? This looks very promising on all levels considering this isn't even finished footage. This thing is really going to deliver.

    Here are some videos.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ne...avy-rain/49591

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...avy-rain/49553

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...avy-rain/49554




    And you can call your gang, your posse and the rest of your crew.
    And while you're at it get them addicts and the indigent too.
    I plan to have a whole army by the time that I'm through
    to load their guns with songs they haven't sung

  • #2
    Originally posted by ArchVile99 View Post



    Heavy Rain is a cinematic and evolving thriller from Quantic Dream, the developer behind the critically acclaimed Fahrenheit. Dealing with a range of adult themes, the game revolves around a sophisticated plot and strong narrative threads that explore a complex moral proposition. You assume the role of multiple characters, with very different backgrounds, motivations and skills, in a world shaped by Bending Storylines - a dynamic narrative design where your actions and decisions will shape your story.

    Genre: Adventure

    Exclusively on PlayStation 3
    Release Date: December 31, 2009



    I know barely anyone here even owns a PS3, and I know this game won’t be for everyone, but I am totally down. Who hasn't wanted to play a movie? Literally make decisions and watch the game unfold at that pace? This looks very promising on all levels considering this isn't even finished footage. This thing is really going to deliver.

    Here are some videos.

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ne...avy-rain/49591

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...avy-rain/49553

    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ex...avy-rain/49554




    Well, David Cage is making it... And Indigo Prophecy was great... I think this will be quite the game... But I don't think it will have much of a mainstream following...
    In a world of shit, we are the standard.

    Comment


    • #3
      Indigo Prophecy is one of my fav games. I've been patiently waiting for this. I hoping this wait gives them the opertunity to make it great, but we'll see....
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        I remember being really impressed with the tech demo of this, when it debuted years ago. even now, it's impressive.

        this will be one of the games that will eventually push me to pick up a PS3. until that day, enjoy PS3 gamers!

        I'm very jealous of Infamous' exclusivity.

        Comment


        • #5
          I was nothing but excited till I saw new gameplay trailer on gametrailers.com couple days ago.

          It had so many god damn quicktime events I was starting to lose interest in it. Yeah quicktime events were kind of cool in god of war at first but they got real old real fast.

          I hated those things in dragons lair, hated them in die hard arcade, hated them in shenmu and I hated them in resident evil 4/5. All they do is detract from the gaming experince, if I am into a game and playing I hate suddenly having the game do something that forces me to break concentration and remove me from the game.

          Normally I wouldnt complain to much but thats all this footage was of a entire fight as well based on quicktime movements.
          My Blog!

          "You people voted for Hubert Humphrey and you killed Jesus!"

          Comment


          • #6
            This is what games are all about. I like the unfolding story and the different angle this game is taking. I wish there were more developers taking risks like this.

            There is room for everyone, but I get tired of all the action packed games.

            The only games I've really loved recently have been Bioshock and Fallout 3.

            Resident Evil 5 and Gears of War 2 were fun but more of the same.

            I'm looking forward to this.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Gargus View Post
              I was nothing but excited till I saw new gameplay trailer on gametrailers.com couple days ago.

              It had so many god damn quicktime events I was starting to lose interest in it. Yeah quicktime events were kind of cool in god of war at first but they got real old real fast.

              I hated those things in dragons lair, hated them in die hard arcade, hated them in shenmu and I hated them in resident evil 4/5. All they do is detract from the gaming experince, if I am into a game and playing I hate suddenly having the game do something that forces me to break concentration and remove me from the game.

              Normally I wouldnt complain to much but thats all this footage was of a entire fight as well based on quicktime movements.
              Well, it's pretty much the only way to include some form of action in a game of this type. If you are expecting to be doing any traditional type of "gaming" in this game, look elsewhere. It's pretty much a "make a decision, then watch the cut-scene" type of game.

              This might actually be the game that puts a PS3 in my hands. I loved Indigo Prophecy, and this looks like the evolution of that game. Should be great.


              Comment


              • #8
                Looks like I'll be adding another game to my list of anticipated games for my PS3. (Can't wait to pick up Infamous Tuesday!)

                I did enjoy Indigo Prophecy, so I'm more then eager for this one.
                I don't mind the quicktime events since like others have said, it's pretty much one of the only things you can put in a theatrical game like this.
                The level of human stupidity has gone too high, we must bring out the Brick Gun.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Definitely will be picking this one up.

                  Originally posted by mardigian View Post
                  I'm very jealous of Infamous' exclusivity.
                  Demo was pretty crap.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Sounds like it will be a solid game

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      great web forum

                      Submit in comment or elsewhere?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        reply

                        Thanks for posting these useful information. Keep them coming

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Demo was out today, pretty good and a probable buy.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I want this game so bad. This could be Sony's trump card for 2010.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by IV_Tear116 View Post
                              Well, David Cage is making it... And Indigo Prophecy was great...
                              Originally posted by the suffering View Post
                              Indigo Prophecy is one of my fav games.
                              Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                              I loved Indigo Prophecy, and this looks like the evolution of that game. Should be great.
                              Originally posted by wolfblood View Post
                              I did enjoy Indigo Prophecy, so I'm more then eager for this one.
                              Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post
                              I want this game so bad. This could be Sony's trump card for 2010.
                              No joke. Indigo Prophecy is my 2nd favorite game (very close behind Max Payne along with BioShock)...so I'm psyched as shit for this.
                              Last edited by Devouring Sickness; 02-11-2010, 12:15 PM.
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X