General Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
    It is gearbox but it's not the same team.
    Ah' the B team.

Yeah, it'll probably be a big disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      Ah' the B team.

Yeah, it'll probably be a big disappointment.
      I've been waiting for this game since 2004 so I hope it's atleast somewhat decent.

Comment

I've read a few articles claiming the gameplay isn't very good. I'm hoping it's not true because I can't wait for it.
        Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        It's Gearbox is it not? The same guys behind Borderlands? I would expect a certain amount of quality.
        I doubt it will disappoint. I've heard nothing but praise, and my local EB Games store manager has been shown it and she said if you're a fan you'll absolutely love it. I've had this thing on pre order for 2 and a half years. It's the only thing I'm looking forward to this year game wise. I can't wait!!!!

Crazy how you can use a smart phone as your radar.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
        My little idiot..

Comment

• grabbed NHL 13 if anyone has a 360 and down to play some online team play add me JINX26.

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]IdbQSmgbmLc[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdbQS...iT8fYugaUMu8Sg
            Last edited by Horror Chase; 01-19-2013, 08:25 PM.

Comment

• I'm finding myself less interested in gaming these days. I don't know if it because of the qualities of the games or just how the industry has changed, but I just can't get into them like I used to.

Comment

I'm finding myself less interested in gaming these days. I don't know if it because of the qualities of the games or just how the industry has changed, but I just can't get into them like I used to.
                l've been steering in the same direction for a while. l've just about lost all interest in single player and standard multiplayer console games. l have been leaning towards a few MMOs lately, but l don't see that lasting long...Was once quite the achievement whore in my day. Now l kind of regret it and wish l had done more reading.

Comment

• Just a heads up, Arkham origins and The Last Of Us are going to be around $30 - $35 on Amazon tomorrow. I think it's part of their lightning deals, so they'll probably go pretty fast.

Gonna try to grab both.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Games today will never be like older games. they have gotten shorter and easy. I really miss old games like arcade and what not. I do play call of duty and shit like that. but older games will still be in my heart.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkhunter666 View Post
                      Games today will never be like older games.
                      Thank god for that.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                        Thank god for that.
                        Meh, I think quite a few games today could learn from the games of yesterday. Most of today's games can't get that addicting quality going like games like Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros. have. Once I finish a game it's done, but I still go back to old games because they're fun and addicting.

Comment

• Games today look better, and are kinda fun. but some don't even have a challenge. the face that there is less hardcore gamer's out there. now most to all game company are going for the casual gamer's. and it's hurting the game industry a little. they are making more game easy and for kids to play. unlike the arcade games the appealed to all ages, at first. I'm a old school gamer for life but I still play games today. and as the society changes so dose the games. now if you play online you get 8-12 year old kids playing battlefield and call of duty. just talking shit, and making the game bad. I know they make games to make money. And too many people care on how the game looks, and not caring about the game itself. this is just my opinion and what I think. not being one sided, or closed minded.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                            Meh, I think quite a few games today could learn from the games of yesterday. Most of today's games can't get that addicting quality going like games like Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros. have. Once I finish a game it's done, but I still go back to old games because they're fun and addicting.
                            Online gaming is waaaaaaay more addictive than games like Pac-Man or Mario. Subjectivity is at it's most relevant form here, but there really isn't any comparison.

Originally posted by darkhunter666 View Post
                            Games today look better, and are kinda fun. but some don't even have a challenge. the face that there is less hardcore gamer's out there. now most to all game company are going for the casual gamer's. and it's hurting the game industry a little. they are making more game easy and for kids to play. unlike the arcade games the appealed to all ages, at first. I'm a old school gamer for life but I still play games today. and as the society changes so dose the games. now if you play online you get 8-12 year old kids playing battlefield and call of duty. just talking shit, and making the game bad. I know they make games to make money. And too many people care on how the game looks, and not caring about the game itself. this is just my opinion and what I think. not being one sided, or closed minded.
                            Hurting the industry? Video games are more relevant than they have EVER been. Being a gamer used to be a bad thing and not it's the norm for young people. And how are kids making Call of Duty & Battlefield bad? If you don't like it turn off the chat or talk with your friends instead. External influences should have no effect on your outlook on the gameplay.

I personally don't really care about a "challenge". There's PLENTY of arcade games that are extremely difficult such as Super Meat Boy, Braid, Trials, etc. Things that are relevant in criticizing games today such as voice acting, animation, gameplay, online play, narrative, pacing, tone, game modes were never really involved in the old games and automatically gives an edge to the new games.

I honestly don't even see how this is even a discussion if you look at it objectively. There was nothing like Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2, The Last of Us, or Bioshock back in the day and the fact that these amazing games exist nowadays puts this generation of consoles ahead on principle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                              Online gaming is waaaaaaay more addictive than games like Pac-Man or Mario. Subjectivity is at it's most relevant form here, but there really isn't any comparison.
                              I half agree, depending on the game.

Originally posted by Se7en Sins View Post
                              I honestly don't even see how this is even a discussion if you look at it objectively. There was nothing like Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, Mass Effect 2, The Last of Us, or Bioshock back in the day and the fact that these amazing games exist nowadays puts this generation of consoles ahead on principle.
                              Back in the day games like The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Metal Gear, and Blaster Master did what those games you listed do today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakelock View Post
                                Back in the day games like The Legend of Zelda, Dragon Warrior, Final Fantasy, Metroid, Metal Gear, and Blaster Master did what those games you listed do today.
                                Yeah, again, I'm not generalizing as there's some truly brilliant games that you listed there (Zelda & Metal Gear specifically) that you could put up against a lot of the modern games.

My main point is that the absolute cream of the crop in the modern era (Bioshock, Red Dead, Bioshock, etc.) have reached heights that the games you listed could never reach. Could that be because of the competency & technical prowess that we have now? Maybe, but I still retain that gaming now is treated more like cinema in the act of actually telling a story (Red Dead, Bioshock) than just creating fun experience that's enjoyable to play. Obviously in the mid to late 90's we started to get that but we've continued to transcend and outdo what's capable in storytelling instead of relying on the visuals to relay a story.

Comment

Working...
                                X