Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General Gaming Discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • General Gaming Discussion

    I was having a talk with Jeremy and thought it might be a good idea to make a thread just for general talk about video games and all things related. I know a few of us have wanted to discuss something specific relating to a particular subject and have had to make a new thread just for that topic.


    I just figure all of it can go into this one thread.

    Last edited by SOniC_DeATh_MonKEY; 02-19-2010, 07:01 PM.

  • #2
    Good thread idea (providing people use it).

    Anyone playing Trials HD at all? Fucking addicting game.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
      Good thread idea (providing people use it).

      Anyone playing Trials HD at all? Fucking addicting game.
      Yeh I'm hoping it will pick up soon.

      Anyone else exicted for Kane and Lynch 2??? I liked the first one a lot.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
        Good thread idea (providing people use it).

        Anyone playing Trials HD at all? Fucking addicting game.
        yeah,its pretty fun.

        You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

        Comment


        • #5
          I bought The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom the other day...it's actually pretty good and it has a quirky story.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
            Anyone playing Trials HD at all? Fucking addicting game.
            I've considered it. but I hate timed games. anything that's timing you immediately pisses me off.

            Comment


            • #7
              So...is anyone else anxious for MMOs on X-Box? I've never played any, and i don't own a PC. They keep promising certain titles for 360, like Age of Conan, Star Trek: Online, The Secret World, and Champions Online, but i guess Microsoft is being so greedy with the profits that nobody can strike a deal.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mardigian View Post
                I've considered it. but I hate timed games. anything that's timing you immediately pisses me off.
                It's like a racing game, but most of the time it's not the time that's an issue, it's the obstacles in front of you.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                  So...is anyone else anxious for MMOs on X-Box? I've never played any, and i don't own a PC. They keep promising certain titles for 360, like Age of Conan, Star Trek: Online, The Secret World, and Champions Online, but i guess Microsoft is being so greedy with the profits that nobody can strike a deal.
                  I haven't heard that it's MS that won't bring MMO's over. I keep hearing from developers how hard it is to bring them over to a console and still keep the quality up. Why does everyone always assume that MS is always the one to blame for things?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
                    I haven't heard that it's MS that won't bring MMO's over. I keep hearing from developers how hard it is to bring them over to a console and still keep the quality up. Why does everyone always assume that MS is always the one to blame for things?
                    I didn't assume it. I read it in X-Box magazine. The word is that Microsoft wants a cut of the subscriptions as well as individual units sold. They're asking for too much, and thats why MMOs are not happening on 360.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                      I didn't assume it. I read it in X-Box magazine. The word is that Microsoft wants a cut of the subscriptions as well as individual units sold. They're asking for too much, and thats why MMOs are not happening on 360.
                      Hmmm, well I haven't read that anywhere online or in GI. I keep hearing developers are having a hard time making the ports. I can't see why there would be a subscription issue, since you pay for Xbox Live anyway. Why people would pay both Xbox Live and a subscription for a game doesn't make much sense.

                      Edit - Looks like they do have an MMO for the 360, right now it's in Japan only (a Monster Hunter game). They are forcing people to pay 1400 yen on top of the Xbox Live service to play the game. Didn't see anything that says the game won't or will make it stateside anytime soon. Seems as though they're using Japan as a test market.
                      Last edited by Jeremy-V1; 02-20-2010, 08:10 AM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        COD7 Location Revealed!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Quoted from OXM #106, Feb. 2010, pg.89.

                          ..."The 360 has the hardware punch and the online infrastructure. The problem, as the stories continue to go, is political. Specifically, Microsoft is rumored to want a slice of each game's monthly service fee- in addition to the cut of every boxed copy sold that they already get..."


                          Yeah, i don't really understand the whole "monthly service fee" thing either. If they're gonna charge a subscription fee ON TOP OF what you already pay for XBL, never mind...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
                            That actually sounds pretty cool. I wonder what that soundtrack will be like.

                            It's bound to open with CCR's - Fortunate Son

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Jeremy-V1 View Post
                              not to be a dick, but that's been public knowledge for months.

                              edit: shameless link.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X