This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R. Flagg View Post
    What the hell are apps and do they only apply to cell phones?
    Read this: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/3146...-hell-are-apps

Comment

• Originally posted by thesassycynic View Post
      Avast is good, but AVG is better. AVG is actually required by the college I attended if you want to use their WiFi on your laptop. I've used it for years and never had a problem.
      I use Malawarebytes and have had good luck with it. We use it as the primary virus detection at work, too.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the mousepad on my new laptop to be less sensitive? I've tried unchecking the Enhance Pointer Precision and turning the speed down, but the icon still hops all over the place. Sometimes it doesn't move at all. I noticed if I touch the pad with barely the tip of my finger, its better. I was hoping there was some kind of sensitivity option to turn down. It's a new Toshiba Satellite. TIA.
      The gods of metal are not pleased. Expect to find Jack Black shitting in your shoes one random morning.

Comment

• I was using Vipre, but it has the annoying popup when you start a program, asking if its safe or not. Now Im trying MSE. So far, its hardly noticable. Before those, I was using avast.
        Also using Malwarebyes and Iobit.

Comment

• Anybody have any ideas why my laptop stopped playing DVD's? It still plays CD's perfectly as well as the movies I have downloaded on the system, but when I pop in a DVD nothing happens. This is happening no matter what player I try to use (I have CyberLink PowerDVD 9, DivX Plus Player, RealPlayer and the standard Windows 7 Media Player on this thing). I tried updating the drive but it said I already have the most up-to-date version and that it's working properly. I have a tabletop DVD player so it's not that big a deal but I'd like to find out what's causing the problem so I can fix it on my own (if possible) or decide if I want to take it to the shop or just get a whole new system. Thanks in advance for any help you all can provide me with regarding this issue.

Comment

• Forum codes:
            Thought I'd share..they work for me.

Comment

• Thought I'd share these links..
              Smileys Repository
              Emotioncons
              Last edited by Karie; 05-11-2012, 01:43 PM.

Comment

• I know one thing I like about this forum is that you have the option
                of seeing the latest post in a thread first when you click
                on the Posts link instead of starting out at the very first post ever made on the link.

I'm sure you know how, but in case...

On top of the page go to QUICK LINKS
                Go down to EDIT OPTIONS
                Go down to THREAD DISPLAY OPTIONS
                and see THREAD DISPLAY MODE
                and choose LINEAR-NEWEST FIRST
                and SAVE CHANGES at bottom of page.
                KK??
                Last edited by Karie; 05-16-2012, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• You know that keeping a computer clean of spyware and viruses is key.
                  Also, cleaning up crap as well. Everything you do on your computer leaves
                  traces that just takes up space...
                  So I'm gonna give you a few links for free software I've found usefull.

I use Free virus protection called:
                  AVIRA
                  For Free spyware cleanup:
                  SuperAntiSpyware
                  For Free Junk files/Internet cleanup:
                  CCleaner

Comment

• Need some help.

I use chrome and for the past several weeks shockwave flash keeps crashing, almost on a daily basis.

How do I fix this ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                      Need some help.

I use chrome and for the past several weeks shockwave flash keeps crashing, almost on a daily basis.

How do I fix this ?
                      I had this problem with Firefox and what I did was I downloaded an older adobe flash player, then I downloaded FlashLight 1.2, the firefox add on. It stopped it from updating. Whenever there's a screen, you just click it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronmb View Post
                        I had this problem with Firefox and what I did was I downloaded an older adobe flash player, then I downloaded FlashLight 1.2, the firefox add on. It stopped it from updating. Whenever there's a screen, you just click it.
                        It's been two months since he posted that.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Does anyone here own a tablet? I'm probably going to pick this > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231778 up Wednesday. Never owned a tablet before. Anything I should know before hand? Everything I've read about this tablet sounds good, great reviews, best bang for buck, etc. etc. There is a Google Nexus 7 that is supposed to be better but about $70 more too so I think I'll stick with this.

Not looking for ipad quality here. Just something to use for reading mostly. I was gonna get one of the Kindle paperwhites (love the long battery life) but I want something that I can use for comic books too. And kindles cost the same as this so....

And having things like netflix, youtube and being able to use my favorite sites like this one is a plus.

So, is this the right tablet for me? Or do you know of a better one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                            Does anyone here own a tablet? I'm probably going to pick this > http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834231778 up Wednesday. Never owned a tablet before. Anything I should know before hand? Everything I've read about this tablet sounds good, great reviews, best bang for buck, etc. etc. There is a Google Nexus 7 that is supposed to be better but about $70 more too so I think I'll stick with this.

Not looking for ipad quality here. Just something to use for reading mostly. I was gonna get one of the Kindle paperwhites (love the long battery life) but I want something that I can use for comic books too. And kindles cost the same as this so....

And having things like netflix, youtube and being able to use my favorite sites like this one is a plus.

So, is this the right tablet for me? Or do you know of a better one?
                            If you are going to read comics on it, you may want to look at something with a higher resolution screen. The screen on the Asus is fine, but a higher resolution would certainly make books, comics, pictures, and movies that much more enjoyable.

Comment

• Any computer experts:

I have a custom built PC running Win8.
                              I could go into a long history of the computer, but I'm not going to unless a responder really wants to know.

My issue is this: every time it's turned off (which is why I leave it on) or a power surge knocks it off, it is ridiculously hard to get it to load up again.
                              The error I'm getting is:
                              I/O error due to some removable device not being removed properly (this has not in fact happened), and:
                              file windows\system32\winload.exe being corrupted or missing
                              error code 0xc000000f

I do not have a boot disc for the computer, but I do have a laptop and a thumbdrive.
                              My question is: is there anyway to use the laptop to copy that file onto the PC or create a bootdisc on the thumbdrive to do so?

If not, I gotta wait at least 2 weeks til my computer expert friend who built it to return to the States to fix it.

Comment

• Just don't turn it off dude. That's what I do.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X