This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
    Just don't turn it off dude. That's what I do.

I don't turn it off by choice. But a power surge knocked the power out the other day and it took about 2 dozen reboots to get it up. Then today, the fucking graphics card messed up so I had no choice but to reboot. I'm still trying to get it to load properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
      I don't turn it off by choice. But a power surge knocked the power out the other day and it took about 2 dozen reboots to get it up. Then today, the fucking graphics card messed up so I had no choice but to reboot. I'm still trying to get it to load properly.

Didn't realize it was that bad. Sorry I couldn't actually help.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• It's alright. I'm just having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I'm likely gong to have the harddrive completely rebuilt software-wise, and possibly even get a whole new HD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
          It's alright. I'm just having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that I'm likely gong to have the harddrive completely rebuilt software-wise, and possibly even get a whole new HD.
          http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...on-failed.html

Download System Repair from your laptop, then put on a usb drive or cdr. On the pc, go into bios and make the usb drive/ cdr your startup drive.

Comment

• I hate HATE Windows 8.1.

I avoided adding it for months, then it gave me no choice to upgrade it. Now it won't let my poor PC to Window update nor can I do HP updates. I googled this problem and I got an answer but you have to go deep into your comp where the computer screen is black with all this white lettering that looks like codes. This one person did this and got 39 updates. Fuck. You can't uninstall it nor go back and get a recovery point before the so called upgrade.

I need a 8.1 patch that I can click to fix this because I'm not computer savvy when it comes to this stuff.

Any suggestions? There is gotta be something alittle more easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by aaronmb View Post
              http://www.sevenlegacy.com/bsod-help...on-failed.html

Download System Repair from your laptop, then put on a usb drive or cdr. On the pc, go into bios and make the usb drive/ cdr your startup drive.
              EDIT: I tried the link, but that website doesn't appear to exist anymore?

Also, after leaving the computer off all night, I turned it on today, and poof, it booted up. Go figure.

Is it possible to download an uncorrupted boot file to copy over the bad one so long as the 'puter works now?
              Last edited by Mayday; 01-01-2015, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X