Connect with us

Movies

Brand New Trailer Puts the Solo Spotlight on This Week’s ‘Fear Street Part 1: 1994’! [Video]

Published

on

The trilogy begins in Shadyside, 1994.

Directed by Leigh Janiak (Honeymoon) and based upon the groundbreaking teen horror Fear Street books by R.L. Stine, Netflix’s Fear Street Trilogy is introducing a new brand of horror to the next generation: one story… told over three films… across 300 years.

In the Fear Street trilogy, “In 1994, a group of teenagers discovers that the terrifying events that have haunted their town for generations may all be connected — and that they may be the next targets. Based on R.L. Stine’s best selling horror series, the trilogy follows the nightmare through Shadyside’s sinister history.”

Fear Street Part One: 1994 kicks off the trilogy on Friday, July 2, and today Netflix has debuted a solo trailer for the film. It’s pure ’90s horror, right down to the Rob Zombie tune.

Janiak said in a statement, “As a filmmaker making Fear Street, but also just as a movie lover, I was so excited to pay homage to some of the great eras of horror movies. For 1994, Scream stood above all rest — it’s peak ’90s horror and, I think, one of the most brilliant movies ever made, period. Then for 1978, I got to look at the heyday of slasher films — Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street. For 1666…I found the best inspiration for me lay in the beautiful world made rotten of Terence Malick’s The New World.”

Watch the new trailer below!

Fear Street Part One: 1994 (July 2) – A circle of teenage friends accidentally encounter the ancient evil responsible for a series of brutal murders that have plagued their town for over 300 years. Welcome to Shadyside.

Cast includes:

• KIANA MADEIRA
  • OLIVIA SCOTT WELCH
  • BENJAMIN FLORES JR.
  • JULIA REHWALD
  • FRED HECHINGER
  • ASHLEY ZUKERMAN
  • MAYA HAWKE
  • DARRELL BRITT-GIBSON
  • JORDANA SPIRO
  • JORDYN DiNATALE
  • JEREMY FORD

Fear Street Part Two: 1978 (July 9) – Shadyside, 1978. School’s out for summer and the activities at Camp Nightwing are about to begin. But when another Shadysider is possessed with the urge to kill, the fun in the sun becomes a gruesome fight for survival.

Cast includes:

• SADIE SINK
  • EMILY RUDD
  • RYAN SIMPKINS
  • McCABE SLYE
  • TED SUTHERLAND
  • JORDANA SPIRO
  • GILLIAN JACOBS
  • KIANA MADEIRA
  • BENJAMIN FLORES JR.
  • ASHLEY ZUKERMAN
  • OLIVIA SCOTT WELCH
  • CHIARA AURELIA
  • JORDYN DiNATALE

Fear Street Part Three: 1666 (July 16) – The origins of Sarah Fier’s curse are finally revealed as history comes full circle on a night that changes the lives of Shadysiders forever.

Cast includes:

• KIANA MADEIRA
  • ASHLEY ZUKERMAN
  • GILLIAN JACOBS
  • OLIVIA SCOTT WELCH
  • BENJAMIN FLORES JR.
  • DARRELL BRITT-GIBSON
  • SADIE SINK
  • EMILY RUDD
  • McCABE SLYE
  • JULIA REHWALD
  • FRED HECHINGER
  • JORDANA SPIRO
  • JORDYN DiNATALE

R.L. Stine said in a recent statement, “Fear Street fans are in for a treat – and some major surprises. Readers know that the book series is rated PG. But the movies are rated R. That means a lot more thrills – and a lot more terror! I have seen Leigh Janiak’s epic trilogy releasing on Netflix in July and I can tell you the scares and the SCREAMS are more than I ever expected. What fun to see the horrors of Shadyside come to life!”

Writer in the horror community since 2008. Editor in Chief of Bloody Disgusting. Owns Eli Roth's prop corpse from Piranha 3D. Has four awesome cats. Still plays with toys.

Movies

‘The Invisible Man 2’ – Elisabeth Moss Says the Sequel Is Closer Than Ever to Happening

Published

on

Universal has been having a hell of a time getting their Universal Monsters brand back on a better path in the wake of the Dark Universe collapsing, with four movies thus far released in the years since The Mummy attempted to get that interconnected universe off the ground.

First was Leigh Whannell’s The Invisible Man, to date the only post-Mummy hit for the Universal Monsters, followed by The Last Voyage of the Demeter, Renfield, and now Abigail. The latter three films have attempted to bring Dracula back to the screen in fresh ways, but both Demeter and Renfield severely underperformed at the box office. And while Abigail is a far better vampire movie than those two, it’s unfortunately also struggling to turn a profit.

Where does the Universal Monsters brand go from here? The good news is that Universal and Blumhouse have once again enlisted the help of Leigh Whannell for their upcoming Wolf Man reboot, which is howling its way into theaters in January 2025. This is good news, of course, because Whannell’s Invisible Man was the best – and certainly most profitable – of the post-Dark Universe movies that Universal has been able to conjure up. The film ended its worldwide run with $144 million back in 2020, a massive win considering the $7 million budget.

Given the film was such a success, you may wondering why The Invisible Man 2 hasn’t come along in these past four years. But the wait for that sequel may be coming to an end.

Speaking with the Happy Sad Confused podcast this week, The Invisible Man star Elisabeth Moss notes that she feels “very good” about the sequel’s development at this point in time.

“Blumhouse and my production company [Love & Squalor Pictures]… we are closer than we have ever been to cracking it,” Moss updates this week. “And I feel very good about it.”

She adds, “We are very much intent on continuing that story.”

At the end of the 2020 movie, Elisabeth Moss’s heroine Cecilia Kass uses her stalker’s high-tech invisibility suit to kill him, now in possession of the technology that ruined her life.

Stay tuned for more on The Invisible Man 2 as we learn it.

[Related] Power Corrupts: Universal Monsters Classic ‘The Invisible Man’ at 90

Continue Reading