PS4 To Be Unveiled Feb 20th, 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
    Sony almost committed suicide when the PS3 came out at $600, they can't afford to make that mistake again, and they won't. And $400 isn't that expensive for what you are getting.
    I've been hearing $499. They can't go too low. I'm sure there will be a basic, and elite version though.

Personally, I think Sony already fucked up by not actually showing the machine. What's with these companies? First Nintendo fails to tell the people that the Wii U is a seperate machine than the Wii, which left many confused, and now the bumblng idiots at Sony practically do the same fucking thing. It makes no sense. Isn't that marketing 101? To actually show the damn thing you're trying to sell?

Microsoft must be laughing their asses off.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
      I've been hearing $499. They can't go too low. I'm sure there will be a basic, and elite version though.

Personally, I think Sony already fucked up by not actually showing the machine. What's with these companies? First Nintendo fails to tell the people that the Wii U is a seperate machine than the Wii, which left many confused, and now the bumblng idiots at Sony practically do the same fucking thing. It makes no sense. Isn't that marketing 101? To actually show the damn thing you're trying to sell?

Microsoft must be laughing their asses off.
      I've heard the basic version will be around $400 and then some sort of elite version around $500. Those are both unofficial numbers though...

Yea I think they fucked up by not showing the console as well, but I'm not too worried. I could give a shit less about what it looks like, as long as it functions as well as they claim it will. That's just me personally, but I know a lot of people wanted to see the actual unit at the conference. Sony didn't do themselves any favors in that regard...

Comment

I understand that. Guess 400 bucks isn't to bad, i'll just get the basic probably. My only question will it be comparable to PS3 games because I don't own one but really want to play god of war ascension when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by NightmareWarrior View Post
          I understand that. Guess 400 bucks isn't to bad, i'll just get the basic probably. My only question will it be comparable to PS3 games because I don't own one but really want to play god of war ascension when it comes out.
          What do you mean comparable? like the graphics? Reports are that it's 8-10x more powerful than ps3, which doesnt sound like a lot on paper, but once you see the specs it's using, and the game play already shown, its pretty good, I'd say. If you meant compatible, then no, the games on ps3 will not be able to play on ps4. Although, there's talk of a type of subscription (like playstation plus) that'll let you stream the games you already have, plus other games you don't, through Gaikai... A game streaming service Sony acquired strictly for ps4.

Comment

Working...
          X