No announcement yet.

What game are you playing now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got done playing SR3. Twas fun as shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginobili View Post
      Playing Dead Space 2, Mortal Kombat, and Left 4 Dead 2.
      Only two or three achievements left for the main game of Dead Space 2, doing a run through on Zealot but kind of iffy on doing a Hardcore run. Not too keen on the idea of only getting 3 saves and having to likely start over from the beginning lol
      Mortal Kombat's Challenge Tower is ridiculous, thought it was about 100 challenges only to find out it's a whopping 300! Also Shao Kahn, you're a bitch of a boss. Fatalities are hard as shit to do on a 360 controller.
      The only thing I didn't do is the Hardcore run. I know Slayer did it, and he said it was a bitch.
      I never even attempted it to be fair, but Zealot was hard enough with upgraded weapons.

Regarding fatalities on Mortal Kombat, you should use the diagonal pad. I manage to pull of finishers 8 times out of 10.

Comment

• Crystal Defenders - Very fun tower defense game, with a Final Fantasy theme. It doesn't re-invent the genre or anything. as once you've played one TD game, you've basically played them all. The FF theme is what keeps me playing. Instead of "towers", you get class based characters, like Mage, Soldier, Archer, etc, all designed using 16-bit sprites. Everything works great, and you'll need to really plan out a good strategy to beat the higher end stages.

Great time waster.

8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post
          The only thing I didn't do is the Hardcore run. I know Slayer did it, and he said it was a bitch.
          I never even attempted it to be fair, but Zealot was hard enough with upgraded weapons.

Regarding fatalities on Mortal Kombat, you should use the diagonal pad. I manage to pull of finishers 8 times out of 10.
          I'll probably just knock out all the other achievements and not pay hardcore any mind. Probably will break my controller attempting to do it and the reward isn't really worth all the trouble either.

No idea why but out of all the playable characters Mileena gives me the most trouble as all she does is spam that damn teleport attack and its worse when she does the enhanced version of it.
          So satisfying when I pull a fatality on her.
          “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• I only rented Mortal Kombat. I kinda miss that game. Thinking i should pick that up.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirStoneyOfBow View Post

Yeah, Hardcore was exactly that. 3 saves the entire game was nuts but if you can get to the 2nd disc without saving, you get a freebie in between swapping discs.

100% agreed with using the D-pad for MK9. It was the only way I could get my actions to actually respond properly 95% of the time.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

• Recently tried a few demos on the XBLM...

Rise of Nightmares - Seemed fun, very House of the Dead like, but since its a Kinect game you are constantly using your entire body to fend off the hordes. Might pick it up if I can get it on the cheap

AMY - You would think it would be great from reading the description but its unfortunately a fucking mess. The story is pretty cool, setting is creepy, graphics arent horrible for a XBLA title but the gameplay mechanics are absolutely atrocious. Horrible controls only add to the frustration of constantly needing to hold Amys hand or direct her where to go while trying to survive.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Noticeable improvements over XIII. Storyline seems interesting. Not sure about the party system as it is the same two characters all game and you can summon monsters to help you in battle but the battle system is identical to XIII to which I enjoyed. Only bad thing was the horribly rampant overuse of J-Pop in cutscenes and even worse, the battle theme. Squeenix really needs to start altering the soundtrack for NA audiences.

Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

Comment

• Originally posted by SlayerX View Post
                  AMY - You would think it would be great from reading the description but its unfortunately a fucking mess. The story is pretty cool, setting is creepy, graphics arent horrible for a XBLA title but the gameplay mechanics are absolutely atrocious. Horrible controls only add to the frustration of constantly needing to hold Amys hand or direct her where to go while trying to survive.
                  I know AMY got absolutely blasted on IGN. Pretty much said everything that you wrote.
                  “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Batman Arkham City

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginobili View Post
                      I know AMY got absolutely blasted on IGN. Pretty much said everything that you wrote.
                      Not just IGN. Every site has pretty much labeled it as beyond horrible, and one of the worst games of this generation. I've heard it has worse gameplay mechanics than the first Resident Evil.

I think I'm gonna download me some Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD today. It's the only Oddworld game I missed playing. Speaking of which, what the hell happened to the Oddworld Inhabitants guys? I know the franchise as a whole, didn't exactly light the world on fire, but they were always solid games, and were the work of some seriously talented people.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        Not just IGN. Every site has pretty much labeled it as beyond horrible, and one of the worst games of this generation. I've heard it has worse gameplay mechanics than the first Resident Evil.

I think I'm gonna download me some Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath HD today. It's the only Oddworld game I missed playing. Speaking of which, what the hell happened to the Oddworld Inhabitants guys? I know the franchise as a whole, didn't exactly light the world on fire, but they were always solid games, and were the work of some seriously talented people.
                        Yeah I liked the whole Oddworld thing, especially the Rapture Farms. It reminded my a bit of the fucked up Sci-Fi show LEXX from back in the day.

Stranger's Wrath is a lot of fun, taking it in kind of a wierd western direction !

" The world is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind. " - H.P. Lovecraft

Read latest fiction " The Closet by rhill10" in DEMETIONS at http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/for...t=61754&page=5

Comment

• Originally posted by Erebus Dirge View Post
                          Yeah I liked the whole Oddworld thing, especially the Rapture Farms. It reminded my a bit of the fucked up Sci-Fi show LEXX from back in the day.
                          Definately. Never heard that comparison before, but it's a perfect one.

Stranger's Wrath is a lot of fun, taking it in kind of a wierd western direction !
                          I've been watching some videos on it recently, and the first thing that came to my mind was Rango. Looking forward to it. Not looking forward to downloading it on the PSN though. If I start now, it might be done by midnight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                            Now that's pretty sad if your games gameplay mechanics are worse than the first Resident Evil in this day and age.

Comment

• Battlefield 3! Super good game.

Comment

• Still SKYRIM This game is so great
                                " I dont have nightmares, because i give them all to you" - Stephen King

"Want another reason to get the hell out of here? I'll give you the best one: her. Mrs. Carmody. Our very own Jim Jones. I'd like to leave before people start drinking the Kool-Aid."

"A creature that can't be killed wouldn't think killing was right or wrong. They'd simply have no concept of it" - Dr. Harry Adams

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X