Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

Very likely the best game trilogy ever.
    Metroid Prime (trilogy) might have something to say about that.

Comment

• At the moment I am into Devil May Cry 2: Dante's Awakening. I should be finishing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword actually.......

When there is no more room in hell. The dead will walk the Earth.

Comment

• Been playing some Mass Effect. Way more epic than I thought.

Also been absolutely ADDICTED to PlanetSide 2.

Comment

• Been addicted to Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim lately, but I'm currently playing Borderlands 2. Ended up getting it, thanks to the steam holiday sale.

Comment

• I have been playing Street fighter 3, but ive been thinking about breaking down and getting Allan wake, steam has the franchise for 19 bucks thoughts anyone?
            All things horror: Splatter Shack and like us on Facebook

Comment

• Originally posted by Robcbh View Post
              I have been playing Street fighter 3, but ive been thinking about breaking down and getting Allan wake, steam has the franchise for 19 bucks thoughts anyone?
              Is PC your only option? If you have a 360, I'd track Alan Wake down for $5 used. $20 seems a little steep for such an old game.

It's a pretty good game though. Definately worth checking out.

Retro City Rampage - Pretty much what you'd expect. It's basically the original GTA, with a few more bells and whistles. It's got many(almost too many) references to games of the 8-bit era, that will either leave you grinning, or cringing. Overall, it's the game's sense of style that is it's strong point. Where it kind of falls apart, is in the actual gameplay. Some of it works great, and some of it is absolute dogshit. The difficulty spikes are all over the place, and this is where you'll start to care less and less about how "cool" it all is, and start to curse, an slam your controller to the ground, at how ball-bustingly hard some of the missions are. It's not challenging in a good way either. It's challenging because of the shitty controls, and unfair enemy groupings. After a while, you start to feel like it's really not worth the effort.

Overall, the game is a novelty item. At first, it's cool to look at, and deceptively clever, but it all wears off pretty fast. If only they had spent the same amount of time working on the gameplay, as they did the pop-culture references.

6/10
              Last edited by Heretic; 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• just started playing Duke Nukem Forever pretty bad but the achievements are rather easy/

Comment

• Poker @ Pokerstars

Comment

• Originally posted by JCU View Post
                    Metroid Prime (trilogy) might have something to say about that.

Good man. If something was going to challenge Mass Effect for the title, it would be this. And you know, I'd probably give it too it as well. As I'm a huge Metroid nut. Stunning games in every way.

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    Been playing some Mass Effect. Way more epic than I thought.
                    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Been playing GTA IV: Complete Edition, Halo 4, Resident Evil 6, Aliens vs Predator, and NBA 2K12. Still need to finish/start on The Club, Mafia II, Dragon Age: Origins, Chronicles of Riddick and Devil May Cry 4.
                      “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• PlanetSide 2

and after maybe some PlanetSide 2

Comment

• Just finished Halo 4, a lot better than Reach. Felt like classic Halo and had a good time playing it. Now off to RE6.
                          “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginobili View Post
                            Just finished Halo 4, a lot better than Reach. Felt like classic Halo and had a good time playing it. Now off to RE6.
                            Good to hear, been meaning to get it. I haven't much liked anything since Halo 2. 3, Reach, ODST and Wars were all pretty fucking lame, Reach probably being the better of the lot. I read that Xbox has sold over 750,000 360's since the release of Halo 4.
                            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post
                              Good to hear, been meaning to get it. I haven't much liked anything since Halo 2. 3, Reach, ODST and Wars were all pretty fucking lame, Reach probably being the better of the lot. I read that Xbox has sold over 750,000 360's since the release of Halo 4.
                              Oh wow, had no idea that many 360's were sold since it came out.

Weirdest thing, I found heroic difficulty in 3 and Reach to be pretty straight forward and a cake walk but hit quite a few rough patches on just normal in Halo 4. Throws quite a load of convenant at you at times and the new weapons are great.

Comment

• Limbo

Comment

Working...
                                X