Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What game are you playing now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • got call of duty 2 in today

    now this is a fun game

    loving the achievements as well

    http://www.xbox360achievements.org/g.../achievements/

    Comment


    • Originally posted by oxley View Post





      Why do people feed reviewers? Everyone has different tastes. I can stand people who review shit, be it films or games or whatever. They nit pick and bitch about every fucking thing, pack of fucking wankers. I hope they have a severe car crash and take out a family of innocents, just for being cunt rags.

      The game is loads of fun, and any hardcore ALien fan is surely to be happy. Just don't expect something that looks and plays like BioShock, it has a GREAT arcade feel that I love.



      Don't you think you're being a little harsh? I mean if it were one or two reviewers I could see your point but when it's all of them...
      Why can't I expect Bioshock? For a game that I originally saw announced in a ps2 magazine back in 2002 it had better be far superior to Bioshock. Just because it has ALIENS on it doesn't mean a hardcore Alien fan should just take it as it is.
      Will I get it, eventually yes but not until the price has dropped considerably. I don't have the time or money to be wasting on half assed games.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
        Don't you think you're being a little harsh? I mean if it were one or two reviewers I could see your point but when it's all of them...
        Why can't I expect Bioshock? For a game that I originally saw announced in a ps2 magazine back in 2002 it had better be far superior to Bioshock. Just because it has ALIENS on it doesn't mean a hardcore Alien fan should just take it as it is.
        Will I get it, eventually yes but not until the price has dropped considerably. I don't have the time or money to be wasting on half assed games.
        Name one game that has had a very long, troubled development history and t=has come out with critical acclaim?

        And am I being harsh? Fuck no, not harsh enough. Their parasites.
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





        "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


        You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



        Comment


        • Originally posted by oxley View Post
          Name one game that has had a very long, troubled development history and t=has come out with critical acclaim?

          And am I being harsh? Fuck no, not harsh enough. Their parasites.
          They're

          Look I know I'll eventually get it. I grew up with both the Alien and Ghostbusters franchises, but I am definitely disappointed with what I have read concerning the game. I was hoping for an experience better than the one given by AvP (which I enjoyed) but just from what I have read, this game isn't even as good as that was.
          Still I think the reviewers are probably right on this one. I generally avoid reviewers as you really have to experience a game yourself before you can judge it. However all of the critics are slaming it and they can't all be wrong can they?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
            They're

            Look I know I'll eventually get it. I grew up with both the Alien and Ghostbusters franchises, but I am definitely disappointed with what I have read concerning the game. I was hoping for an experience better than the one given by AvP (which I enjoyed) but just from what I have read, this game isn't even as good as that was.
            Still I think the reviewers are probably right on this one. I generally avoid reviewers as you really have to experience a game yourself before you can judge it. However all of the critics are slaming it and they can't all be wrong can they?
            Personal taste. So to some yes.

            Hell I didn't like AvP too much. I finished the Alien missions, did some of the Human ones then traded it in. This blows that out of the water, at least on a fun scale anyway.
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





            "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


            You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



            Comment


            • Aliens: CM is a bust. lt hasn't been holding my attention, so l'm gravitating back to DC Universe Online.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by oxley View Post
                Hell I didn't like AvP too much. I finished the Alien missions, did some of the Human ones then traded it in. This blows that out of the water, at least on a fun scale anyway.
                I just recently traded that in. Beat both Alien and Marine (HATED the last level of this storyline) campaigns on Hard mode but never even bothered with the Predator missions. Just wasn't fun to play as the Predator. Think I did the tutorial and half of the first mission and just stopped.

                I did pick up Aliens: Colonial Marines from Redbox today. See if it's as bad as everyone says it is. Worst case scenario I'll only spend $4 on it.
                Has anyone played Dead Space 3 yet? If so mind telling me how it is?
                Last edited by Timvp; 02-15-2013, 03:07 PM.
                “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

                Comment


                • Played the free beta for Dust: 514. What a load of shit. They claim it's this revolutionary product and changes how people will interact and play on large scale levels... Gimme a fucking break. It's exactly like Starhawk except that it's 1000x more complicated. The controls are sluggish, respawn times are terribly long, user interface is not "user" friendly at all, game looks like shit (not usually a problem for me, except it just adds to all the problems already), and I was never sure what the fuck I was suppose to be doing. It showed objectives, but I was never able to interact with anything. The game ended in 10 minutes and I don't even know how my team lost. The best score on the other team was 5 kills 2 deaths. Granted it's still a beta, but I don't see this going anywhere...

                  Comment


                  • About to boot up Crysis 3. I enjoyed the multiplayer improvements from the beta over C2 but hopefully some final tweaks were made since the shotgun was insanely OP and there are some cloaking/armor transitioning issues. Really looking forward to the campaign since I absolutely LOVED the Crysis 2 campaign.

                    Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                      Played the free beta for Dust: 514. What a load of shit. They claim it's this revolutionary product and changes how people will interact and play on large scale levels... Gimme a fucking break. It's exactly like Starhawk except that it's 1000x more complicated. The controls are sluggish, respawn times are terribly long, user interface is not "user" friendly at all, game looks like shit (not usually a problem for me, except it just adds to all the problems already), and I was never sure what the fuck I was suppose to be doing. It showed objectives, but I was never able to interact with anything. The game ended in 10 minutes and I don't even know how my team lost. The best score on the other team was 5 kills 2 deaths. Granted it's still a beta, but I don't see this going anywhere...
                      I tried it a while ago and I was not impressed.

                      Comment


                      • Far Cry 3 - Just finished it. Now this is an FPS with some meat on it's bones. It does get a little redundant near the end, and I would've preferred some deeper RPG elements, but for what it is, it's pretty awesome. It's an open world FPS, with loads of weapons, and millions of things to shoot at, and has a damn good campaign to boot. I left a good half of the map unexplored, and still clocked in at 20 hours. If the FPS genre is your thing, you can't get much better.

                        9/10


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                          Far Cry 3 - Just finished it. Now this is an FPS with some meat on it's bones. It does get a little redundant near the end, and I would've preferred some deeper RPG elements, but for what it is, it's pretty awesome. It's an open world FPS, with loads of weapons, and millions of things to shoot at, and has a damn good campaign to boot. I left a good half of the map unexplored, and still clocked in at 20 hours. If the FPS genre is your thing, you can't get much better.

                          9/10
                          Hmm. I think the first play throughs of the Metroid Prime franchise I clocked longer than 20 hours. Up near 40 for one of them. But some of the puzzles are mind destroying, and there was a lot, and I mean, a lot of back tracking.

                          How is FC3 to Boarderlands 2? I'm not really a fan of BL. It was cool for 10 minutes but there is nothing new. It's just the same old crap with a boring ass story. I'm only comparing the two as they sort of get tabbed FPS RPG.
                          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                          "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                          You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



                          Comment


                          • Metal Gear Rising, picked it up today at Gamestop and my fucking god it is awesome as hell. The graphics are insanely good and the control is the best in the series thus far. I absolutely love it!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Frey View Post
                              Metal Gear Rising, picked it up today at Gamestop and my fucking god it is awesome as hell. The graphics are insanely good and the control is the best in the series thus far. I absolutely love it!
                              Isn't it a complete 180 in gameplay? Less stealth more explosions?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Frey View Post
                                Metal Gear Rising, picked it up today at Gamestop and my fucking god it is awesome as hell. The graphics are insanely good and the control is the best in the series thus far. I absolutely love it!
                                Meh

                                Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                                Isn't it a complete 180 in gameplay? Less stealth more explosions?
                                Yeah, think Ninja Gaiden

                                Just with the MGS name slapped on it to generate more money.

                                It doesn't look bad, but as a MGS game, it looks TERRIBLE.
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





                                "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


                                You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X