Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What game are you playing now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    Quite underrated. I think it's one of the best in the series.
    Very underrated! I own the main series and this one was one of the best all though I hate the battle system which started with XI, but overall the setting of Ivalice was really cool.
    <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
    R.I.P.

    Comment


    • Tried Overrun mode for Gears Judgment, really fun. Wish I wasn't strapped on cash or I'd have already gotten it.
      “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
        Quite underrated. I think it's one of the best in the series.

        God Of War 3 - I passed on Ascention, so this will have to tide me over, before Bioshock: Infinite hits next week. It's still a great game, and as epic as it gets. The graphics are still mind-blowing too. Probably the best looking game of this generation. I think GOW2 is the better game overall, but this was a great cap to an amazing franchise.

        9/10
        your not missing much from Ascention. They changed the combat, and changed things around. The graphics are the best part of the game. The Game just did not need to be made, it is bringing NOTHING new to the table. I hope the GOW series continues...but just let Kratos die already.....

        I think Ninja Theory would be a great replacement for the new series if they do one. People can fly changed shit around and it felt nerfed. They did great with DMC and with a new story and new mythology they could easily have a AAA game on the PS4.

        Comment


        • So this is happening.....

          [YOUTUBE]xNpb3e6Uwts[/YOUTUBE]

          Love it.

          Is it too much to ask for a Rescue Rangers reboot as well?


          Comment


          • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            So this is happening.....

            [YOUTUBE]xNpb3e6Uwts[/YOUTUBE]

            Love it.

            Is it too much to ask for a Rescue Rangers reboot as well?
            Speaking of, I keep seeing Monkey Island 1 and 2 remastered on the 360 in my local store. I consider it every-time I'm in town. It has some new things too, heard if it's worth the pick up at all?
            A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

            Comment


            • Originally posted by oxley View Post
              Speaking of, I keep seeing Monkey Island 1 and 2 remastered on the 360 in my local store. I consider it every-time I'm in town. It has some new things too, heard if it's worth the pick up at all?
              Well, if you're a fan of the MI franchise, you can't go wrong. They're both the exact same games that were released on the PC years ago, with updated graphics. You can also switch between the new/classic graphics on the fly as well. That's all I can say about them, really. Whether they're worth $10 a piece, is up to you.


              Comment


              • The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts

                Not nearly as bad as most are saying but this definitely isnt AAA material. There is a nice element of choice seeing as you cant save all the possible survivors in even 2-3 playthroughs and visit all of the locations. The voice acting is preety good and the visuals are average. Reminds me a lot of the first L4D game. There are side missions, collectables and plenty of weapons you can find to dispatch walkers. Youll probably like it more if youre a fan of the material. A full playthrough takes about 4-5 hours and it is a single player only game.

                7/10

                Gears of War: Judgment

                As a massive fan of the greatest TPG game currently in the world, youll either love or hate Judgment. Plenty of things that made Gears what it is (active reloads adding damage, DBNO, COG v Locust, etc.) have been removed. You now also pick a single starting weapon instead of a rifle and a shotgun. I enjoyed the story, and adding the ability to be rated in each chapter is nice along with adding a Declassified Mission which adds another level of difficulty to your mission.

                Along with the main campaign, you unlock the 'Aftermath' campaign which is a companion to GoW and occurs while Marcus is trying to get to Azura. You take on Baird and co. and have crossover events with the Marcus storyline. Good stuff that feels more like the Gears we know.

                Horde mode is gone which is a huge blow but it is replace with Survival. A 1-10 wave battle much like Horde that ramps up difficult very. very fast. It is a good substitue.

                OverRun is a fun mode pitting Locust against COG in a battle to destroy/defend keypoints on a map. Fun stuff but some balancing tweaks need to happen.

                Everything else is your standard GoW experience. With so many changes, its a try before you buy game for sure

                8.5/10

                Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

                Comment


                • Bioshock Infinite - Irrational Games are officially gaming Gods. I'm about five hours in, and this is already in my top 3 games of all time. No joke. It's simply incredible. From the very first second of this game, it grabs hold of you, and never lets go. I had force myself to quit playing. Columbia is one of the most immersive gaming environments ever created. Words can't do it justice. You just have to experience it.

                  Now, as far as the actual gameplay goes, it's nothing all that innovative. It's an FPS with some really shiney bells and whistles. It's basically Bioshock, with a whole new set of powers and abilities, and then some. So much so, that the game is easy as shit. You are a killing machine from the very first enemy encounter. You can't really "die" either, you just get reset where you were, minus some money and health. Not to say it isn't fun as hell though. The game is constantly throwing new abilities at you, that it never really gets repetitve. You want to see what everything can do, and just how creative you can get on the battlefield. It's all really fun stuff.

                  What the game really excels at, is exploration. Much like the original Bioshock, you'll want to uncover all of the world's secrets, and leave no stone unturned. Audio logs, special equipment, power ups, unique weapons, and secret messages, are all over the place, and you won't be satisfied leaving an area, until you've uncovered them all. It's insanely addictive, as you've probably already guessed by now.

                  As a gaming experience as a whole, it's flawless. Buy it. Play it. Love it.

                  10/10


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                    Bioshock Infinite - Irrational Games are officially gaming Gods. I'm about five hours in, and this is already in my top 3 games of all time. No joke. It's simply incredible. From the very first second of this game, it grabs hold of you, and never lets go. I had force myself to quit playing. Columbia is one of the most immersive gaming environments ever created. Words can't do it justice. You just have to experience it.

                    Now, as far as the actual gameplay goes, it's nothing all that innovative. It's an FPS with some really shiney bells and whistles. It's basically Bioshock, with a whole new set of powers and abilities, and then some. So much so, that the game is easy as shit. You are a killing machine from the very first enemy encounter. You can't really "die" either, you just get reset where you were, minus some money and health. Not to say it isn't fun as hell though. The game is constantly throwing new abilities at you, that it never really gets repetitve. You want to see what everything can do, and just how creative you can get on the battlefield. It's all really fun stuff.

                    What the game really excels at, is exploration. Much like the original Bioshock, you'll want to uncover all of the world's secrets, and leave no stone unturned. Audio logs, special equipment, power ups, unique weapons, and secret messages, are all over the place, and you won't be satisfied leaving an area, until you've uncovered them all. It's insanely addictive, as you've probably already guessed by now.

                    As a gaming experience as a whole, it's flawless. Buy it. Play it. Love it.

                    10/10


                    Couldn't have said it better myself. About 3-4 hours in for me and I'm blown away. Ambitious, beautiful, and crazy fun. Love everything about it so far.


                    Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      So this is happening.....

                      [YOUTUBE]xNpb3e6Uwts[/YOUTUBE]

                      Love it.

                      Is it too much to ask for a Rescue Rangers reboot as well?
                      Day one purchase for me. I played the fuck out of the NES cart.

                      Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

                      Comment


                      • BioShock Infinite



                        Blown away. Blown the fuck away.

                        Resonance - Fusion - Selection - Conception - Evolution - Liberation

                        Comment


                        • I just want to explore on those rails....just swing on them all day.

                          And Holy shit, event though the entire (from up to the Hall of Heroes) is one big excort mission, Elizabeth does not hinder you progess, hell she helps you out all the damn time.

                          HEAR THAT OTHER COMPANIES! ESCORT MISSION/GAME THAT DOES NOT SUCk

                          Though I miss being a walking armory...

                          Comment


                          • Just a heads up on something I know everyone will likely struggle with in Bioshock Infinite(God knows I did). The first cypher is located[SPOILER]inside the goddamn cannon at the ticket office[/SPOILER].


                            Comment


                            • Final Fantasy XIII

                              haven't played a game on console in a while. A short conversation I had with Oxley on Facebook made me want to play some games on my home theater

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                                Just a heads up on something I know everyone will likely struggle with in Bioshock Infinite(God knows I did). The first cypher is located[SPOILER]inside the goddamn cannon at the ticket office[/SPOILER].
                                You know..I am pretty nazi like right now trying to FIND EVERYTHING. First Vox thing I found. I like how sassy this chick is.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X