Connect with us

TV

“The Walking Dead”: Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira to Reunite for New Limited Series Set in the Universe [SDCC]

Published

on

It’s been a while since we’ve heard an update on Andrew Lincoln reprising “The Walking Dead” character Rick Grimes for a planned continuation of his story. Today, the actor was joined by Danai Gurira at San Diego Comic-Con for massive news; they’re teaming up on a brand new series set in “The Walking Dead” universe that will continue the love story between their characters.

The untitled series presents “an epic love story of two characters changed by a changed world. Kept apart by distance. By an unstoppable power. By the ghosts of who they were. Rick and Michonne are thrown into another world, built on a war against the dead… And ultimately, a war against the living. Can they find each other and who they were in a place and situation unlike any they’ve ever known before? Are they enemies? Lovers? Victims? Victors? Without each other, are they even alive — or will they find that they, too, are the Walking Dead?”

Scott M. Gimple, Chief Content Officer of The Walking Dead Universe, will serve as showrunner on the series, which will begin with six episodes in 2023. Lincoln and Gurira are both executive producers.

“This is a moment fans of The Walking Dead have been waiting for since Rick disappeared in the helicopter early in season nine, and Michonne journeyed away on a quest to find him the following season,” said Dan McDermott, president of entertainment and AMC Studios for AMC Networks. “What a great surprise for the fans at this final Comic-Con for the series that launched this universe and made television history. We couldn’t be more excited for a truly epic series finale later this year and to see Andy and Danai return in a new series they helped create, one of three new series coming in 2023 that continue the stories of so many iconic and fan-favorite TWD characters.” 

“Rick and Michonne are two of my favorite people and Danai and Andy are two of my favorite people,” Gimple said. “Working with all of them continues to be a dream come true. The three of us, along with a terrific team of TWD all stars and incredible new voices, are crafting an insane love epic worth the long, long wait.”

“This has been the most extraordinary journey playing Rick Grimes for the best part of a decade. The friendships I’ve made along the way are deep and lasting, so it’s fitting that I finally get to complete the story with Danai and Scott and the rest of the TWD family. I’m so excited to be returning to the screen as Rick, reuniting with Danai as Michonne, and bringing the fans an epic love story to add to the Walking Dead Universe.”

Gurira said of her character, “Michonne and this TWD family has meant so much to me, and to continue the journey of these beloved characters, alongside Scott and Andy, both creatively and in front of the camera, and bringing The Walking Dead fans something truly special is just glorious. I can’t wait to pick up the katana again.” 

Viewers last saw Rick Grimes in season 9, where he was presumed dead by his group. It was only later that fans learned that he survived and was taken away by helicopter.

As for Michonne, the character last appeared in Season 10, setting off to find Rick after learning about the possibility of his survival.

Other spinoff projects currently in the works from AMC include anthology series “Tales of the Walking Dead” and the New York City-set “Isle of the Dead” spinoff series.

Horror journalist, RT Top Critic, and Critics Choice Association member. Co-Host of the Bloody Disgusting Podcast. Has appeared on PBS series' Monstrum, served on the SXSW Midnighter shorts jury, and moderated horror panels for WonderCon and SeriesFest.

TV

“Jurassic World: Chaos Theory” Teaser Trailer Previews Netflix Series Set 6 Years After “Camp Cretaceous”

Published

on

Chaos Theory trailer

In the wake of the five-season animated series “Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous,” Netflix’s “Jurassic World: Chaos Theory” is stomping its way onto the platform this year.

“Chaos Theory” premieres May 24, and the series is set six years after the events of “Camp Cretaceous.” Paul-Mikel Williams is back as Darius, with Sean Giambrone as Ben.

Watch the “Jurassic World: Chaos Theory” trailer below.

In the CG-animated series from Universal, DreamWorks and Amblin Entertainment…

“Six years later, members of “The Nublar Six” are struggling to find their footing off the islands, navigating a world now filled with dinosaurs and people who want to hurt them.

“Reunited in the wake of a tragedy, the group comes together only to find themselves on the run and catapulted into a global adventure to unravel a conspiracy that threatens dinosaur and humankind alike and finally learn the truth about what happened to one of their own.”

There will be 10 episodes in the show’s first season, running 22-minutes each.

Scott Kreamer, Aaron Hammersley serve as Executive Producers and Showrunners, with Steven Spielberg, Colin Trevorrow, and Frank Marshall also serving as Executive Producers.

Speaking of Jurassic World, a brand new live action movie is also coming soon. It doesn’t yet have a title, but it’s releasing July 2, 2025, and Scarlett Johansson is in talks to star.

Chaos Theory trailer netflix

Continue Reading