The Hobbit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's official... again.

ITS A FIDAY THE 13TH MOVIE! WHATS TO REVIEW? YOU KNOW WHATS GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN! IF YOU LIKED IT BEFORE YOU WILL NOW, IF YOU DIDNT SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO RENT A MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE AND CRY IN A CORNER!
    +26 Trader

Wii: 6359-1123-8521-2187 | MK: 0130-2350-0007

Comment

• Originally posted by Horrorholic View Post
      It's official... again.
      Don't sound so excited. It's Guillermo! It's The Hobbit! Joygasm!
      The end is extremely fucking nigh

Comment

• Originally posted by asinyne View Post
        It's Guillermo! It's The Hobbit! Joygasm!
        Yeah buddy! This is huge

A video interview with Del Toro on tackling this ginormous project:

http://movies.ign.com/articles/869/869356p1.html

DVDs

Recent Flicks
        Jurassic World - 7/10
        Speed - 8.5/10
        John Wick - 9.5/10
        The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• I wonder where the first film will end. Mirkwood? Riddles In The Dark? Lake Town?

Beorn's gonna be badass.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
          Jurassic World - 7/10
          Speed - 8.5/10
          John Wick - 9.5/10
          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• can't wait for sure.
            sigpic i sold my mom's wheelchair

Comment

• I forgot the second film takes place during that 60 year gap between The Hobbit & Fellowship. I wonder what the hell they have in store for us with that one.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
              Jurassic World - 7/10
              Speed - 8.5/10
              John Wick - 9.5/10
              Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• I wasn't a fan of the LOTR films, but now that Del Toro is on board to make an epic fantasy, count me in.
                2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
                Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
                I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
                Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
                Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
                Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
                Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
                The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
                Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
                Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!! View Post
                  I wasn't a fan of the LOTR films,
                  Words rarely seen strung together...

...this flick'll be unreal.

Letterbox'd - Horror Etc - The Hysteria Continues - Film Junk - GGTMC

Comment

• Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post

Yeah, most definitly. Although I loved Fellowship, I just thought it went downhill from there. Perhaps it was Elijah Wood's casting. Nah, I just didn't dig it is all. One thing the films definitly maintained for me, was sheer beauty. The LOTR films are stunning to look at.
                    2014 Horror Draft:

Psycho (1960) - Alfred Hitchcock
                    Bride of Frankenstein (1932) - James Whale
                    I Saw the Devil (2010) - Kim Jee-woon
                    Body Bags (1993) - John Carpenter
                    Beyond the Black Rainbow (2010) - Panos Cosmatos
                    Halloween II (1981) - Rick Rosenthal
                    Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (1992) - David Lynch
                    The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall
                    Cemetary Man (1994) - Michele Soavi
                    Cabin Fever (2002) - Eli Roth

Comment

• Originally posted by I am a HORROR movie!!! View Post
                      I wasn't a fan of the LOTR films
                      Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post

Agreed (on both of your statements, BuNgLe).

Also: possibilities for what'll be in the sequel: Frodo's birth/introduction, Bilbo's adventures while wandering, problems for the dwarves, Aragorn's wanderings, Gollum's journey from the Misty Mountains to Mordor and back, etc. Anything else come to mind?
                      Last edited by asinyne; 04-25-2008, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• This thread went through so many ups & downs. First the announcement, then Jackon's directing it, then he's not, then he is, then the film might not be made at all for legal reasons, then it's being made but Jackson's not directing, then Raimi's directing, then Jackson's directing again, then Raimi, then Del Toro.

Thank god it's over

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                        Jurassic World - 7/10
                        Speed - 8.5/10
                        John Wick - 9.5/10
                        Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by asinyne View Post
                          Agreed (on both of your statements, BuNgLe).

Also: possibilities for what'll be in the sequel: Frodo's birth/introduction, Bilbo's adventures while wandering, problems for the dwarves, etc. Anything else come to mind?
                          Seeing the Mines Of Moria being overtaken and the emergence of the Balrog would be awesome.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                          Jurassic World - 7/10
                          Speed - 8.5/10
                          John Wick - 9.5/10
                          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                            Seeing the Mines Of Moria being overtaken and the emergence of the Balrog would be awesome.
                            I was just reading the appendices and that's exactly what I think is going to happen.

I think Balin, Gandalf, and possibly Aragorn are going to be the center of the story, not Bilbo. About 7 years after Bilbo returns from his adventure in The Hobbit, Gandalf and Balin come to visit him. This could be the set up where they reminisce about their adventure. Balin could then announce that he is going back to The Lonely Mountain and offer an invitation for Bilbo and Gandalf to join him. Bilbo may or may not decline (though I don't think he'd go the entire way if he did go) but Gandalf would tag along.

After arriving at The Lonely Mountain, Gandalf's and Balin's paths could split. Balin would end up staying at TLM (possibly going on a local adventure). Gandalf would leave from there and meet Aragorn, the two becoming friends. There would also be meetings of the White Council and we can see Saruman's fall. Aragorn, meanwhile, will be off doing some other adventures as well as meeting Arwen.

In the end, Balin leaves TLM and heads to Moria. The Balrog and numerous orcs attack (the climactic battle) while, at the same time, Gandalf hears rumors of ill-doings under the mountains. He arrives too late; the dwarves are dead, though the orcs and Balrog are no longer around (this would explain his apprehension about going through the Mines in Fellowship).

OR

He means to go but has more pressing issues (and, after all, he isn't sure anything bad is happening in Moria). Either way, they fill in the gaps and it ends with Gandalf telling Aragorn to be wary after hearing rumors from the Council. We see Saruman plotting with Sauron in the palantir. Bad omens, bad omens, more bad omens. In the end Gandalf returns to Hobbiton to speak with Bilbo (for whatever reason -- maybe to tell Bilbo of Balin's death, maybe not).

The movie ends with Bilbo talking, saying, as Frodo walks into the room (the first time we'll have ever seen him or even heard mention of him, chronologically. this would show Gandalf knowing about Frodo and so introducing him to us like he's an old character) "I was just telling Frodo how we need to have a grand party, seeing as we share the same birthday and all. This very month as is..."

That way the 2nd movie will lead right up to the beginning of Fellowship and introduce Frodo. They should also do something to make Frodo's appearance a foreshadowing of something good, seeing as the movie would end on a very low not with the destruction of Moria and Saurman/Sauron's plotting.

Obviously this is just one possible rough outline and PJ/FW/PB/GDT would have to add their own touches and smooth it out but does anyone think it's doable?
                            Last edited by asinyne; 04-25-2008, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Damn this is some good news. I can't wait for these movies. I love the movies, love the books. I'm actually torn between wanting Del Toro to do the Hobbit movies first and doing At the Mountains of Madness first!! Either way, it's an epic win.

I haven't read all of the Silmarillion, but that would make a cool feature in and of itself. Someone on AICN years ago suggested that it would make a good animated feature. I have tried to read it all before but I got h alfway through before I got bogged down. I tried to pick it up again last night, starting where I left off, but it's been a couple years, and I had forgotten everything prety much that I had read. So I will have to start over again one day.

Comment

• TheOneRing.net interviews Del Toro: http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2008...ms/#more-28747

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                                Jurassic World - 7/10
                                Speed - 8.5/10
                                John Wick - 9.5/10
                                Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Working...
                                X